Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DrGonzo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jun 2006, 9:38 pm

To all of you that have had a best friend, what was your favorite activity involving your best friend?

For me, it was video games in our younger years, and as we grew up enough to drive we started to work on cars for fun. What was your experience with friends?

The games we played usually involved shooting or racing and the cars we were insterested in were Ford Mustangs, especiallly classic mustangs.

Jetson
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2006, 10:49 pm

I spent (and continue to spend) a lot of time listening. Sometimes I want to talk and can't, but most of the time I have very little to say unless the topic drifts to something I'm particularly interested in at the time. My friends never seem to lack for things to say.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2006, 8:20 am

I take my Best Friend for a Walk, early in the morning and sometimes, after Dinner as well. I also play with him and rub his Belly. I give him plenty of Treats and I cuddle with him.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2006, 8:36 am

D&D.

Actually, now that the D&D group is gone, we don't really see each other any more. So maybe my obsessions are my best friends.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

wobbegong
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2006, 9:05 am

Horse riding, or Hockey depending on which best friend.

And if we weren't out there doing it together we were doing all the associated stuff, or talking about it.

Haven't gotten any best friends out of sailing, or scuba diving yet.

Got a few related to computing/uni. We go out to restaurants and eat together or see a movie and talk about life, the universe and everything.

Sundy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jun 2006, 10:49 am

We play music together. Either on instruments or on the stereo. We rock out hard core style. And on occasion, we'll sometimes drink beer excessivley.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2006, 11:56 am

It was different things at different times. In high school, we played video games a lot. Later, it was billiars. Now it's mostly hanging out at sports bars, talking and stuff.

drummer_girl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jun 2006, 1:24 pm

i have a few friends but i dont know which to choose as a best friend.. each has their own qualities that i like and they all enjoy spending time with me and i like spending time with them aswell
in no order,,,, (name /age/ diagnosis /where met /how long i know this person for / things i like about person /things we do together /

Vicky - 16 - NT - at work - known about 2 months -
shes really funny and she enjoyes some of the activities i like also.

today we went into a toy shop looking around to see if there were any model airoplanes, whcih there was... i also spotted 2 Routemaster buses.. probably more in the shelf that i didnt see... i took a pic of one i saw on Vickys phone and ill post it for CocknetRebel soon!! maybe one day ill start collecting those things too... they are really cool.. it is an expensive collection though im quite sure!

we go on the internet and look at videos, we share a passion for Rollercoasters and theme parks, we like the same music, and we both crack eachother up laughing!
there is one thing i dont have in commin with her though.. she smokes and in the past has been expelled from school for fighting.... but i think everybody deserves a chance.

Donna - 36 - Aspie - at work - known 4 months -
shes happy for the most part and tells me secrets and her personal stuff which alot of ppl dont do with me.
we both dont bother going out to pubs much. would rather soend a night in front of the telly with a few cans

Adam - 21 - NT - at marching band - known 8 years
hes funny and outgoing and will listen to me and gives good advice and i recipricate.
we play on the playstation together and play board games chat about marching bands and majorettes and family and stuff id say hes the only person walking this earth that knows every single thing about me. i do get a tad jealous when he talks about his large circle of the friends that he has but i just have to live with that.

Joss - 37 - NT - in another marching band / the internet- known 3 years
hes funny and we both like marching bands and the music and will sit for hours talking about it and watching maching band videos.
he has a wide collection of comedy videos

Bill -33 - NT - internet (lives in USA) -known 3 years
hes very funny and he has a passion for drums just like me! hes always making jokes about England but i bite back just as hard about America! - (but i do have American flags in my star spangled bedrrom!)
he also likes animals but he has a weird choice for pets... 2 huge black millipedes! but i am going to america in october to meet him and his......millipedes lol

Pat - 57 - NT - internet (lives in USA) - known 6 months
again we have a passion for the drums... shes been playing them about a year but shes a really nice person and says when i meet in october that shes going to cook me a 'southern fry up'... i cant wait lol.. im also invited to thanksgiving dinner with all her family there... to me thats an honor. (seeing as we dodnt even have thanksgiving celebration in england... but i think we should)

Mel - 27 - NT - internet (lives in austrailia) - known 1 year
we talk about different things really shes a friend thats always going to be too far away to meet. :(

(just in case he doesnt want anyone else to know i wont give out his name)- 33 - Aspie - internet.... THIS VERY WEBSITE... lol - known 2 months

we chat nearly every day on the internet... various things really... Aspiness tends to be a main topic lol
meeting him tomorow and on thursday going to blackpool pleasure beach to get him on some rides!

jonathan79
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2006, 1:29 pm

If you mean best friend by someones who is always with you, then yes I have one. My best friend lives with me. He´s always around, and theres nothing I can do to get rid of him, and, unfortunately, our house is very very tiny. I enjoy his company sometimes as he knows everything about me and accepts me, but sometimes it just.....well........it just gets old.....hes such a dam party pooper..... No, SHUT UP!! !! !! ! I´m trying to type something DAMMIT!! !! !! ! Leave me alone!! !! !! !..... Oh, wait, did we say that out loud?!? :lol: :lol:

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2006, 2:24 pm

Best friend...hmm its been actually a very long time since I ever had one.

grameyer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Jun 2006, 2:41 pm

I don't have too many close friends. It freaks me out to think they expect me to call and so I just don't. Plus they expect you to do things and alot of times I don't feel like doing stuctured stuff. It is a little confining and unless people accept that, I feel trapped. I have had alot of people pursue friendships but I end up not responding, or blowing them off so many times they eventually give up. My best friend is someone I have known for 30+ years. She doesn't expect me to always call. She does all the calling and knows that sometimes I retreat and she is okay with that. Sometimes she comes over & makes me do things whether I protest or not and it ends up being great. She isn't a sissy-girl. She has a macho husband and he likes alot of the stuff my husband & I like. I don't know....maybe I feel friends are over-rated. Maybe I'm just afraid of being trapped...Maybe I don't like very many other women.
What do you like to do? That is probably a good place to look for friends.

Mork
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Jul 2006, 3:36 pm

I've had very few friends.

I have confided in a handful of people at work about my AS.

I have only one friend outside of work. I met her for the first time yesterday and ended up taking part in the Ulverston carnival along with her band. I had an amazing time.

We are going to Blackpool pleasure beach on Thursday. I don't like heights but I am looking forward to being scared sh**less.

Last edited by Mork on 02 Jul 2006, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

01 Jul 2006, 4:02 pm

It's been almost a year since I last saw my friends (I moved almost a year ago), but I loved playing video games or just reading together. It was actually kind of amusing; we'd all just sit around in one of our rooms and all read comics.

Solidess
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jul 2006, 9:06 pm

My best friends are online, so all I have ever been able to do with them is chat or email them. They are gamers like I am, but due to them being from different regions or not owning some of the same games, I have almost never played online with friends and thus could be a big part of why I don't care about playing online games.

One of my best friends I have great memories of 'roleplaying' with her in MSN. We basically just come up with a story or series of events on the fly (or just dialog), and act as characters from our favourite game. We put our real selves in the story as well to be with these characters. Oh man, alot of hilarious stuff has happened! You just can't predict what the other person will come up with, and we are both totally crazy women! hehe. Alot of other fun has happened in these roleplays as well, which is a bit more personal to get into.

Yes I know I'm a freak, and I love it. XD

As for my ONE in person friend, well, any time I get to spend with her I never take for granted. I like just talking with her, listening, playing videogames, shopping, whatever. I'm really easy going so I'm easy to please. But try and send me to a party or a strip club and I will just have anxiety...

Morphia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jul 2006, 3:12 pm

I've only really got one friend and i only see him occastionally but mostly re talk about writing, books, our own novels and watch films. That's pretty much all we do and have done for years, except when we played D&D for a few years until we lost all teh other players. :cry:
Anyway that's what i do with my friend and its great, limited small talk, no chit chat just all the stuff i like talking and doing best. *sigh* heaven!! ! :)

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2006, 3:49 pm

I don't think I've had any best friends in my life when I was younger.

However, one of the names mentioned in this thread sounds awfully familiar.