Rolling on the floor making tractor and animal sounds

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Transhuman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Feb 2012, 8:27 am

Does anybody else do that? On top of that, I also run around the house while making animal and car noises, moving my body parts and screaming "beep beep I'm a tractor" and "beep beep I'm a crane". I also lay on my bed, move my body parts around as fast as I can, while making high and low pitched sounds. It's rather uncomfortable to do it while rolling around on the floor, but I also do that too.

Also, when I'm sitting in front of my computer, I often start moving my hands and head around while making high and low pitched sounds and screaming "I'm a bus, vroom vroom". I also make lots of different facial expressions and change them every half a second while doing this.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 8:58 am

You sound like a hyperactive child.

Not to impugne your maturity, but you have the symptons ( that sound to my unschooled opinion) like those of children who are hyperactive.

You oughta take sedatives.

But dont touch booze.

Transhuman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Feb 2012, 9:49 am

naturalplastic wrote:

Not to impugne your maturity, but you have the symptons ( that sound to my unschooled opinion) like those of children who are hyperactive.

But dont touch booze.

No, most children who are hyperactive express their hyperactivity in a more or less socially acceptable manner. They usually run around, play with a ball all day long, and so on, and so forth. However, I only do 'selective' actions which can be considered hyperactive. These actions include saying various phrases over and over, making various noises over and over, and feeling energized after performing some actions, such as rolling on the floor, moving my hands around, clapping my hands while screaming, etc.

Transhuman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Feb 2012, 9:51 am

What I noticed is that half to 2/3 of the actions which I do when I do "this" are exactly the same as those with low functioning autism do.

TheSunAlsoRises
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 9:57 am

Transhuman wrote:
What I noticed is that half to 2/3 of the actions which I do when I do "this" are exactly the same as those with low functioning autism do.

You don't have many melt downs either; I'm willing to bet.

TheSunAlsoRises

Transhuman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Feb 2012, 10:01 am

TheSunAlsoRises wrote:
Transhuman wrote:

TheSunAlsoRises

Well, very often (usually 0.5 to 2 times a day), I get angry and annoyed to such a point that I start punching walls and breaking things around me. This usually happens usually when I'm preoccupied with my activity and someone keeps distracting me by saying irrelevant stuff, or when I feel very empty and frustrated. I also scream when I'm doing this - usually swearing.

I do it with such intensity that my neighbors have called the police 2 times. Both of the times, they arrived with assault rifles.

I also feel like I can relate to the LFA people a lot for some reason.

TheSunAlsoRises
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 10:15 am

Transhuman wrote:
TheSunAlsoRises wrote:
Transhuman wrote:

TheSunAlsoRises

Well, very often (usually 0.5 to 2 times a day), I get angry and annoyed to such a point that I start punching walls and breaking things around me. This usually happens usually when I'm preoccupied with my activity and someone keeps distracting me by saying irrelevant stuff, or when I feel very empty and frustrated. I also scream when I'm doing this - usually swearing.

I do it with such intensity that my neighbors have called the police 2 times. Both of the times, they arrived with assault rifles.

Your developmental trajectory was unique. Described strictly from a behavioral stand point; i imagine people would classify you as so-called low functioning. Ahhhhh, but from an intellectual perspective; you would be considered so-called high functioning and YET your innate tendencies lean more toward Kanners autism then Aspergers autism.

Let me form my question this way: IF i took your stims away via tractor sounds, rolling on the bed, hand waving, etc. Do you think you would have more or less meltdowns than you normally do?

TheSunAlsoRises

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 10:28 am

Transhuman wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

But dont touch booze.

No, most children who are hyperactive express their hyperactivity in a more or less socially acceptable manner. They usually run around, play with a ball all day long, and so on, and so forth. However, I only do 'selective' actions which can be considered hyperactive. These actions include saying various phrases over and over, making various noises over and over, and feeling energized after performing some actions, such as rolling on the floor, moving my hands around, clapping my hands while screaming, etc.

Hyperactive children may engage in repeating phrases (loudly) and do less 'socially acceptable' movements or actions too, like jumping on the bed all the time...

Just curious, have you considered sports? Swimming, running, cycling, and so on?

Transhuman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Feb 2012, 10:35 am

TheSunAlsoRises wrote:
Transhuman wrote:
TheSunAlsoRises wrote:
Transhuman wrote:

TheSunAlsoRises

Your developmental trajectory was unique. Described strictly from a behavioral stand point; i imagine people would classify you as so-called low functioning. Ahhhhh, but from an intellectual perspective; you would be considered so-called high functioning and YET your innate tendencies lean more toward Kanners autism then Aspergers autism.

Let me form my question this way: IF i took your stims away via tractor sounds, rolling on the bed, hand waving, etc. Do you think you would have more or less meltdowns than you normally do?

TheSunAlsoRises

I would start feeling empty and unfulfilled, as well as very frustrated. These noises/actions make me feel very fulfilled, and if they would get taken away, I would assume I would assume I would have more meltdowns. What I noticed is that I often use some of these noises when communicating with people. I try not to, but when I start feeling like I could relate to the person, I often do. I would tell them something like "I'm a tractor beep beep", or make cat sounds.

As for the developmental trajectory: I also didn't dress myself completely until the age of 12-13. I was spoon-fed until the age of 11, but I knew how to use my spoon when I was around 2 years old and half.

I also tend to feel very overwhelmed by the real world and all of it's demands, to the point that my mind goes blank and I just walk around like a zombie.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 10:41 am

I can't say that I do.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 10:42 am

If you replace tractor with train, then yes I do that too. I was not picked up on as a child, but my developmental history leans more towards Kanners autism rather than Aspergers, although there is no doubt I have AS now. I could feed myself at the age you say, but I couldn't use a knife and fork until I was 16. My mum had to bath me until I was 14 (when she gave up and I started to smell rather bad...). I did speak on time, but only a few words and I didn't babble or anything like that. I stim A LOT, some days almost constantly. When I was younger I was echolalic, particularly with the London underground. I could sit for hours on the floor doing all the sound effects and rocking harder and harder as I got more into it. My favourite station was Elephant and Castle for some reason. I think I liked the way the announcer said it. I was extremely dissappointed recently when I traveled on the underground and the voice saying 'Mind the Gap' has changed tone completely and put a 'please' on the end.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 10:46 am

Aren't these two threads you started about the exact same question?

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt190045.html

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt190364.html

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 10:51 am

Jellybean wrote:
If you replace tractor with train, then yes I do that too.

'Choo choo, I'm a little toy train!' :)

Transhuman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Feb 2012, 11:00 am

Bun wrote:
Jellybean wrote:
If you replace tractor with train, then yes I do that too.

'Choo choo, I'm a little toy train!' :)

I usually do that while sliding on the floor, and accelerating with my hands.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 11:17 am

Jellybean wrote:
(...) When I was younger I was echolalic, particularly with the London underground. I could sit for hours on the floor doing all the sound effects and rocking harder and harder as I got more into it. My favourite station was Elephant and Castle for some reason. I think I liked the way the announcer said it. I was extremely dissappointed recently when I traveled on the underground and the voice saying 'Mind the Gap' has changed tone completely and put a 'please' on the end.

So I'm not the only one who misses the old voice on the underground... With the political changes here in Budapest some public places got back their pre-communism name, and the old, well-accustomed voice with its special tone was gone forever...

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 3:33 pm

Out of curiosity, if you knew how to use a spoon when you were two and half, why did someone else feed you for much longer?