What do you like to drink? What do you hate?

Page 2 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Zaswe12
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Jan 2013, 8:31 pm

anything that's not alcohol, I might even try pee.

lxuser
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jan 2013, 8:47 pm

I drink cappuccino in the morning.
Plenty of water during the day.
Dark beers in the evening.
Occasionally skim milk on a hot day, if I don't have or its to early for some beer.

ruckus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jan 2013, 9:05 pm

I like more subdued flavours that still have a tartness to them of sorts. Red wine and pomegranate juice would be the best examples here, and they are some of my favourite drinks! I can rarely stand to put sugar in my coffee or tea.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2013, 9:35 pm

I don't like bad beer, but I can drink it. I normally dislike soda pop of all kinds, but on rare occasions such as times when I need fuel and soda is all that is around, I will drink it, and sometimes I enjoy it a little bit. I used to love soda, until I broke my soda addiction, now it doesn't taste good most of the time. Another drink I dislike is most sugary juice, the kind that usually comes in cartons or jugs. It's sickly sweet, but I did like it as a kid. Now if I want something sweet I will make a fruit juice or a smoothie myself.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2013, 9:40 pm

I like to drink mostly tea.....jasmine green tea or mint..... earl grey tea with milk and lots of sugar, also water, coca-cola, fresh juices or smoothies , grape juice and manishewitz wine (it's super sweet).

I don't like beer, most wine or liqueur, other kinds of soda (especially diet soda), fruit punch or cool-aid.

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2013, 10:06 pm

I like my coffee in the morning. After that I am likely to drink plain hot water or herbal tea. I will drink a small amount of juice - I like it to flavor sparkly water. I don't drink milk. I like vanilla soy shakes. The only alcohol I drink is dry white wine. Usually a Pinot Grigo. I don't like pop.

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2013, 10:17 pm

daydreamer84 wrote:
I like to drink mostly tea.....jasmine green tea or mint..... earl grey tea with milk and lots of sugar, also water, coca-cola, fresh juices or smoothies , grape juice and manishewitz wine (it's super sweet).

I don't like beer, most wine or liqueur, other kinds of soda (especially diet soda), fruit punch or cool-aid.

WATER!! Soda (not diet) tea-all kinds with cream & sugar(no coffee) Juice-oj w or without pulp, cranberry, apple, grape(must have ice!) Smoothies-thick or not alcohol-rum, vodka mostly sweet alcoholic beverages (no beer) sweet wine-moscato or dessert

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2013, 10:37 pm

Like (or even love) but not necessarily in this order:
decent beer.
some wines (Gewurztraminer is a favorite)
Ice tea
Sodapop
coffee (or cappuccino) sometimes.
Fresh orange or grapefruit juice (especially orange)
apple cider
chocolate milk
good water
probably a few others I'm forgetting.

Hate:
diet sodapop
plain milk (as in not chocolate milk)
nasty well or city water
V8
wine that's too sweet
others that I'm forgetting.

TheAvatar
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jan 2013, 11:14 pm

I drink about 95% water. The rest is tea, milk, and juice.

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2013, 11:55 pm

Plain old natural spring water at every meal and snack, not that flavored stuff like crystal light. A diet coke every now and then and I love lemonade in the summer. I don't like beer and the like, pulp juices, white milk, anything with sediment on the bottom like protean shakes and the like. I also hate any worm drinks, ice cold only!! !

Parasol
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 1:26 am

I like to drink:
Water
Milk
Chocolate milk
Hot chocolate
Soda
Apple juice
Orange juice (I have to be careful of the acidity because I have gotten sick before)
Milkshakes

I do not like to drink:
Tea (Most people I know love tea)
Coffee (I like coffee in chocolate however)
Flavoured Water (Vitamin water is an example)
Lemonade
Vegetable juice of any kind
Milk tea

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 3:06 am

I haven't been formally diagnosed yet, but I believe I have AS.

I am very fussy about my drinks.

I tend to keep away from sweet drinks. My coffee has to be without sugar. It has to be cold coffee with (ideally soy) milk. I actually trained myself to drink coffee without sugar because I love sweets (cakes, cookies etc) and once worried I might get diabetes. So I forced myself to avoid sugar in my drinks. Once I got used to it, I find sweet drinks cloying.

With alcoholic drinks, I tend to like dry red or rose wines, and have only a very small amount (half a glass) at a time. I find the taste or smell of beer very unpleasant.

Maybe there could be a tendency to be fussy about drinks among people with AS, but what taste they like might be totally dependent on individuals. It's just my opinion, not based on any statistics.

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 6:32 am

jk1 wrote:
Maybe there could be a tendency to be fussy about drinks among people with AS, but what taste they like might be totally dependent on individuals. It's just my opinion, not based on any statistics.

That is exactly why I asked this.... trying to get a little bit of data to see if there is any pattern :)

Results? So far, no apparent pattern.

NT's I've been asking the same question around me are usually very picky about their drinks. Maybe we're a little more set in our pickiness, is the only thing I could tell.

Maybe off topic here, but there is a strange phenomenon here in Ontario, Canada:

Tim Horton's :evil:

It's pretty much just a normal coffee & snack shop, like the dozen other chains we have on every corner. But *every* Tim Hortons has a giant line-up around it, all day and every day. While the other coffee shops are mostly half empty. Sometimes the city even changes the road around a newly opened Tim Hortons, because the line-up of cars can actually back up the entire street!

And people around here just have to have their Tim Hortons coffee in the plain paper cups. They won't brew the Tim's coffee at home, not even in the Tim's own brewer they sell. It got so funny that we began theorizing that Tim's puts some sort of addictive substance in their cups :D

..... and these people sitting in the line-up, sometimes for ten minutes and late for work, for a paper cup of coffee, are NT's !

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 6:49 am

I like to drink water, most juice, soda/pop, and tea. I would NEVER touch anything with alcohol; the smell is unbearable to me. I will drink coffee, but in moderation because it could potentially make me nauseous. Mainly frozen coffees, not so much black or with milk. Milk is... eh. Good for heartburn and cereal. I like silk milk. I usually don't like artificial drinks; I prefer to stick with natural stuff if I can. I like my pop/soda to be made with natural ingredients and cane sugar. Just putting this out there: I LOVE bubbletea. So good. Especially honeydew.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 7:06 am

coffee
herb teas
beer wine[seldom now]
cider
grape juice
fruit juice
spring water[I go and collect myself from a local spring]

I drink at least 3liters a day of fluids

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 9:57 am

Mostly drink tea, masala tea, hot chocolate, mango juice, passion fruit juice, orange juice, coke zero, ginger ale, water, cranberry and raspberry juice finally lucozade orange.