Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

MaKin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jan 2013, 10:59 am

this was in my "quotes of the day" box in my homepage this morning. I thought it would be appreciated here :)

"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal."
-- Albert Camus

personally speaking, i find it an inefficient use of my mental energies to bother with trying to be normal, but i understand how many people can want to give it their best attempt.

Chloe33
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2013, 12:54 pm

MaKin wrote:
this was in my "quotes of the day" box in my homepage this morning. I thought it would be appreciated here :)

"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal."
-- Albert Camus

personally speaking, i find it an inefficient use of my mental energies to bother with trying to be normal, but i understand how many people can want to give it their best attempt.

I like the qoute =)
I've never bothered attempting being normal aside from one time when i switched schools. They didn't know me so considered me "normal" then i started talking again and it was all over from there. Throughout school, since elementary school i was made fun of for everything, yet all in all i believe it helped me become my own person. I never followed trends, sometimes i would do the opposite. (Scrunch your socks, i didn't even match mine). It helped me develop my own personality quicker i think than someone who may not have been teased and bullied.

As for NT normal, in the past i thought i could pass as NT, however after asking my gf (thankful for her honesty) most people realize i am different if i get stuck in conversation/interaction with them.

Most of them are accepting =)

Anomiel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2013, 3:36 pm

MaKin wrote:

-- Albert Camus

:thumleft:

Sylvastor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2013, 5:23 pm

MaKin wrote:

-- Albert Camus

Now that is a quote that relates to many aspies, I guess!

noxnocturne
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2013, 6:34 pm

This is why I've stopped trying to be what people expect me to be. I'm different, and I've accepted it.

Zaswe12
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Jan 2013, 8:36 pm

So pretty much a tryhard? My autism class tries to teach us to be as normal as possible, as in not be yourself. I hate school.