what's your favourite mode of transport?

Page 6 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 9:34 am

Airplanes...it's a love/hate relationship.
I get anxious but love the scenery and the takeoffs/touchdowns

b9
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 9:58 am

a319's are a good way to travel. this is a short hop between heathrow and london city airport to retrieve a ham and cheese sandwhich i forgot to bring home.

if anyone has advice about my flap settings, then you can discount it because i only flew at 175 knots at the speediest part of the clip. i just wanted to avoid peak hour traffic and locate the sandwich, not break any speed records. many viewers of this clip insult me with the suggestion that i should have retracted my flaps during various stages of the flight, but if i did, i would have stalled and failed to live to retrieve the ham sandwich.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hfgW7Lsa2o&feature=c4-overview&playnext=1&list=TL72PQLP-8rnE[/youtube]

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 10:12 am

Car for sure - more specifically, larger and newer trucks. I prefer trucks due to winter driving up here being more difficult and more dangerous in smaller vehicles.

When I lived in a city, it was a totally different story. I hated traffic, hated cars, hated bikes, hated busses, hated rollerskates, hated any sort of transportation because so many people were also using those forms of transportation at the same time, and making it more of a pain and more of an annoyance to my senses. It also made it so damn hard to drive.

Now that I live somewhere remote enough that I can empty a 13 round clip from my .45 out my window to help me wake up, without anybody caring that I do so, driving is nice. No traffic, barely any people. Went from a city of about 300,000+ to a town of under 900 people. Now I love all forms of transportation.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 10:28 am

another all purpose mode of travel. in this clip i deploy a satellite. (take off is from the florida panhandle)
it is so slow compared to the jupiter II
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_QJkvI70_M[/youtube]

xowe
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jul 2013, 12:44 pm

One of these....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ovsgui4YWs

b9
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2013, 8:38 am