Do you love Summer, or do you hate it.

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2005, 8:54 pm

I have a bit of an aversion towards Summer. I wouldn't say that I hate it completely, but there are some things about it that forces me out of my groove. My schedual is screwed up. While the Schoolagers are in School, my Dad works afternoons, and my Mom and I have an early Dinner. Than at 5 in the evening, I go on the Internet until 10. In the Summer, we have Dinner around 5 or 6. I also can't be on the Internet all evening, because everybody else wants the computer as well. I also have a hard time with the kids. Most of them just leave me alone, but there are a few who think derogitory things about me. One who possibly lives in the cul-de-sac of my street and two who live almost behind me but not quite. They say stuff about me when they hear me with my Dog. At first, I thought their Mom was being a witch, and now I understand the reason behind it.

There are things that do make the Summer bearible enough for me to keep from having a Nervous Breakdown. There are more hours of light in the Morning, so that I can take my Dog for two walks in the morning. I enjoy watching the Olympics on TV every four years in the Summer. I can read in my Bedroom until 9 in the evening without a light on. I get to help out some neighbours by watering their flowers and taking care of their pets. I do get payed to do those things, but that's not why I do them. The family goes on a vacation every two Summers, and I have fun, once I get into it. And it's easier to eat healthy, because produce is cheaper.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2005, 9:14 pm

I don't like the heat at all. Very easy for me to get heat exhaustion.

aaronkt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Jul 2005, 9:47 pm

I dislike summer alot. Too hot and humid. Plus, there's no football.

Young_fogey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2005, 10:20 pm

I love summer!

Spring and summer are the best. My mood is up because of the weather.

And I have more tolerance for the heat than the cold.

But, originally coming from a place with no real seasons (didn't experience them until I was 11), I love them all!

Fall/autumn used to depress me but now I like it - the beautiful colours of the leaves and the instinct to 'nest', getting all cozy at home, as it turns into winter.

And it's magical and beautiful when it snows.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2005, 10:57 pm

I prefer summer.
I have bad blood circulation, so my hands and feet are always cold.
Coming from a somewhat temperate climate, I know I would probably die if I went to a place where it snows!

Mockingbird
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2005, 11:17 pm

I don't like it either. I don't like hot weather, first of all, and second there are so many more people around! I'm used to there being no one there if we go to the park or the store in the middle of the day, in the summer, there are actually *people* to deal with-eeek!!

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2005, 12:17 am

Summer and Winter are both cool for me. I don't care for spring and fall quite as much, but then again, there's not much of a Spring and Fall here. I'm fine with the heat since I can tolerate temeratures up to 110. It helps keep active so you don't sit around dwelling on the hot and sticky feeling, especially if it's too humid for a fan to do any good. It's been a relatively cool Summer this year. I don't think the temerature has gone above 100 so far this year. The Winter is a nice time because it's Christmas time and Winter is pretty much the only time it rains here (snow is extremely rare and rarely lasts more than a day). The cold does make a nice change of pace from the Summer heat, and despte the area being warmer than most parts of the country in Winter, I still almost always wore some kind of long sleeves though I probably could make due without. The only downside to Winter is that is makes hanging out with the neighbors at night a little inconvenient.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2005, 12:33 am

I like summer. I don't have as many commitments (school etc.) so it isn't as stressful.

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2005, 2:48 am

I don't hate Summer, but I prefer winter. I find it's easier to get warm, than it is to cool down.

I dislike Spring and Autumn because of my allergies...

GA

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2005, 3:04 am

I like the long summer daylight hours (It gets light here at about 4am at the moment, and starts getting dark at 9.30-10pm), but its too humid. It exhausts me, I tolerate cold much better than being too warm. Fortunately we get a break from summer weather frequently - I prefer it when its cooler and cloudy. Weird, I know...

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2005, 3:29 am

Oh I could draw up a list. I think I will.
1.It's easier to heat my apartment than to cool it.
2.Too many daylight hours
3.kids are outside more
4.People travel through the front door more often.
5.Pedestrians and cyclists always wandering the middle of the street.
6.Rain is noisier than snow.
7.My car has heat but no AC.
8.Constuction resulting in the road layout changing every week.

nirrti_1
Raven
Raven

09 Jul 2005, 4:18 am

Oh I'd love summer......if I spent it in Alaska.......or well, at least a place with beaches and good surf. I live in the south where the summers are hot, sticky and keeping a hairstyle is all but impossible because of the humidity. It gets so hot here that most people are stuck indoors until sunset and even then, we have to deal with swarms of mosquitos. And woe to the poor soul with no air conditioning which, if it breaks down, stops working on the hottest day without fail. :roll:

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2005, 4:30 am

I don't like the heat and humidity of summer plus the fact that it lasts about 8 months of the year where I live. I like it when it rains, though.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2005, 8:27 am

I love and hate summer.

I love swimming and going to the beach, but I like it less now i'm not a kid anymore.

The heat really bothers me, and I always look sweatty and ugly in humidity.

oatwillie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jul 2005, 8:34 am

We've had 12 days in a row at around 105 degrees, so Summer can be a bit disdainful.

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2005, 8:35 am

Quote:
I don't hate Summer, but I prefer winter. I find it's easier to get warm, than it is to cool down.

GA said most of it for me. Another problem is that I sweat rather copiously when I get warm, and it doesn't take much to warm me up. My ideal temperature is 50's-low 60's and I consider that t-shirt weather. I hate sweating.