yes 49%  49%  [ 143 ]
sometimes 7%  7%  [ 20 ]
no 45%  45%  [ 131 ]
Total votes : 294

TB_Samurai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2013, 12:02 am

I'm on Paxil CR, but I want to get off of it. It's not really helping me at all, plus it may be one of the reasons why I feel hungry so often. I am sure other things would improve as well. I wish I could just quit, but I can't without having withdrawals. I'm not seeing my psychiatrist anymore because he said something very rude to me the last time I saw him, so I guess I have to see my medical doctor.

Dear
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Oct 2013, 1:44 am

I'm on this medication now but I'm going to change it in some time.

RubyWings91
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Oct 2013, 9:58 am

I feel that my AS isn't severe enough that I need medication to deal with it

Salkin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Oct 2013, 1:29 pm

RubyWings91 wrote:

I don't believe there is any medication with AS as an indication. Those of us who take meds do it for the comorbids (or other psych conditions), which may be indirectly caused by AS, but probably not directly.

screen_name
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2013, 8:42 pm

I take

propranolol
adderall
klonopin

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 7:40 pm

i am on an antidepressant to lower my anxiety and OCD symptoms

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

tjr1243
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2013, 11:22 pm

I take psych meds

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2013, 5:25 am

TB_Samurai wrote:
I'm on Paxil CR, but I want to get off of it. It's not really helping me at all, plus it may be one of the reasons why I feel hungry so often. I am sure other things would improve as well. I wish I could just quit, but I can't without having withdrawals. I'm not seeing my psychiatrist anymore because he said something very rude to me the last time I saw him, so I guess I have to see my medical doctor.

Check out this guide: http://www.willhall.net/files/ComingOff ... online.pdf

In addition. I'd find a doctor or a psychiatrist or a psychologist, show them this guide, and ask if they can help you safely get off these poisons.

Last edited by Meistersinger on 11 Oct 2013, 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Helixstein
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2013, 5:27 am

I'm on medication for a blood disorder, but I'm not on anything for psychological issues.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2013, 5:31 am

FluttercordAspie93 wrote:
I take 50mg of imipramine each night to help relieve my anxiety, but my neurologist just recently switched it to one, though.

You might want to ask your neurologist of any natural remedies, such as chamonile tea would help instead on another benzo or imipramine.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2013, 11:50 am

regular vigorous physical exercise outdoors in the sun, seems to be a reliable tonic for me, it helps keep me on an even keel and improves my self-esteem. but of course, your mileage may vary. however, various studies have come to the conclusion that I am on to something.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2013, 12:08 am

Nope, not anymore.

Several years ago I took Effexor XR. Over the last few years I took Dexedrine IR (2x5mg twice/day) but stopped taking them 5 months or so ago and haven't taken anything since & no longer have the need nor desire to take them.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2013, 2:36 am

Salkin wrote:
RubyWings91 wrote:

I don't believe there is any medication with AS as an indication. Those of us who take meds do it for the comorbids (or other psych conditions), which may be indirectly caused by AS, but probably not directly.

I friend of mine has issues with overload because of AS and takes risperidone for it what helps her.
But more often meds are taken because of comorbidities.

The person who started the thread never mentioned what kind of medication, so also meds because of physical issues count and also autistics can get ill, can develop too high blood pressure or some other chronic physical conditions like everyone else. ;)
I don't really believe that 45% of the ppl here don't even take sometimes medication. I think they imagined that it was asked for psychiatric meds, but the person starting the thread actually never said that.

Also psychiatric comorbidities like depression are more common in autistics that require medication in many cases.

Salkin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Oct 2013, 2:54 am

Raziel wrote:
I friend of mine has issues with overload because of AS and takes risperidone for it what helps her.

Interesting. Risperidone didn't really do anything for me, but if it works for her, great.

Raziel wrote:
The person who started the thread never mentioned what kind of medication, so also meds because of physical issues count and also autistics can get ill, can develop too high blood pressure or some other chronic physical conditions like everyone else. ;)
I don't really believe that 45% of the ppl here don't even take sometimes medication. I think they imagined that it was asked for psychiatric meds, but the person starting the thread actually never said that.

That's a good point, of course we can end up taking meds for physical conditions.

The question wasn't really all that clear. Taken literally, yeah, you can really only vote "no" if you never even take an over-the-counter painkiller like aspirin, paracetamol/acetaminophen, naproxen, etc occasionally. Or birth control pills, or...

I'm sure some people did take it to mean only psychiatric meds, since those are the ones most commonly discussed in an autism context. Other people probably didn't necessarily limit it to psych meds, but if you're "on medication" then that usually means it's taken regularly for something more persistent than an occasional headache.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2013, 3:09 am

Salkin wrote:
The question wasn't really all that clear. Taken literally, yeah, you can really only vote "no" if you never even take an over-the-counter painkiller like aspirin, paracetamol/acetaminophen, naproxen, etc occasionally. Or birth control pills, or...

Yeah. I', here in an autism forum, so I learned here to read things more exactly.
I once made a poll asking "how many psychiatric disoders do you have besides autism?"
But the poll was totally messed up, because maybe half of the ppl didn't read the question right and anwered how many psychiatric disorders they have (including autism) what's actually a different question and when half of the ppl understood it that way (some wrote it they did), the entire poll is more or less messed up, because you don't know how they understood the question.
You have the same here, some understood ALL meds, some just psychiatric meds, so you don't really know why they answered the way they did.

Salkin wrote:
but if you're "on medication" then that usually means it's taken regularly for something more persistent than an occasional headache.

Yes that's right, but you have still the option "sometimes".

methamphetamine
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Oct 2013, 8:51 pm

Fluoxetine 80mg (Autistic obsessions/compulsions)
Risperidone 1-2mg (Autism-stress induced psychosis)
Concerta 54mg (Autistic brain fog)
Clonazepam .5mg (anxiety)