Page 2 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 1:28 pm

EzraS wrote:
This is like my daily uniform. Hoodies and cargo pants. I don't usually wear brand logos but got that DC one as a gift.

But, why have you been caged in?!? The window has bars on it!

Hehe. Just kidding.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Happycampus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Oct 2014, 1:41 pm

T-shirt and Jeans with a belt, year-round. If I feel the weather's too cold I may put on a hoodie.

AllisonWonderland
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Oct 2014, 2:03 pm

I wear jeans and a long sleeve shirt with a short sleeve shirt over it.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Oct 2014, 3:10 pm

Always a plain white tShirt & shorts except when I'm going out when it's cold & then I wear jeans & a jacket with tShirt. I also wear a cap when going out.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

analee
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Oct 2014, 3:41 pm

I live in sunny south Florida, yet I wear dark colored t-shirts, a black hoodie, jeans, and combat boots year round.
When my clothing gets ruined I go to the store and get the same exact piece of clothing.

DarkAscent
Toucan
Toucan

29 Oct 2014, 4:29 pm

EzraS wrote:
This is like my daily uniform. Hoodies and cargo pants. I don't usually wear brand logos but got that DC one as a gift.

That's kinda like my uniform too!

A hoodie, a t-shirt, trousers and heavy boots. They're usually all black too and don't have patterns.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 4:30 pm

My closet, take a look and you get the idea:
[img][300:450]http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s601/Ana_Mert/closet_zps8fa52a7e.jpg[/img]
:lol:
Yup. Red and black. Lots of red and black. Its an obsession. I don't wear any other colors.

I always wear black/gray jeans and red/red-black/black(with red addons) sweater, hoodie or tank top.
Plus red/black/red-black sneakers, combat boots or running shoes.

LucySnowe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Oct 2014, 4:32 pm

For work: a dress or skirt; with the latter either a blouse or sweater depending on the season. Tights in the winter. I've gotten a lot better within the last 5-10 years at dressing "typically." In my free time I like wearing leggings and oversized sweaters; I like form fitting things (camisoles, leggings), but like to juxtapose it with something baggy. Don't wear jeans because I don't like the fabric. Shoes are always flats; hate heels. Don't like the new trend of wearing boots over leggings or jeans; they pinch my feet and legs.

Last edited by LucySnowe on 29 Oct 2014, 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 4:33 pm

Most of the time: Walmart outfit. (I kind of like that, actually--no issues for how I am supposed to look at work.)

Otherwise: jeans plus a:
-T-shirt
-sweatshirt
-turtleneck
-sweater

I layer up for cold weather, have boots for snow, boots for rain/in-between, and a pair of sneakers.

Almost never go out without a hat of some kind, either for sun protection or cold weather. Occasionally a scarf if it's really cold.

I own a flowered dress that's actually very nice-looking, but I rarely wear it because I still feel kind of awkward in it--like that's not really "me."

I favor accessories (some of which I've made): necklaces, pendants, earrings, bracelets, different hair scrunchies or headbands. The right combination dresses up almost anything. :)

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 4:48 pm

I dress pretty much the same as I have since I was a teenager. T-shirt and blue jeans. If it is hot then it's cut offs and if it's cold and I'm home it's sweat pants because I like loose fitting cloths.

LookingLost
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 5:05 pm

Kiriae wrote:
My closet, take a look and you get the idea:
[img][300:450]http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s601/Ana_Mert/closet_zps8fa52a7e.jpg[/img]
:lol:
Yup. Red and black. Lots of red and black. Its an obsession. I don't wear any other colors.

I always wear black/gray jeans and red/red-black/black(with red addons) sweater, hoodie or tank top.
Plus red/black/red-black sneakers, combat boots or running shoes.

I like your closet. :D

I wear:
T-shirts (almost always band t-shirts), sometimes with a long-sleeved one underneath
Flannel/checked shirts
Black jeans
Combat boots
Jacket (leather/blazer/waterproof etc.)
Fingerless gloves
Cap - although right now I'm trying not to wear one so much

Usually my clothes are black, grey, green, etc. with bits of other colours like red and purple on them. Sometimes I wear a jumper/sweatshirt instead of a shirt. I also get stuck wearing one or a couple of different items/sets of clothing most of the time for a while before moving on, am pretty particular about what's comfortable and don't like letting go of clothes that are too worn or ruined, or buying new clothes. I often wear secondhand clothes.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 5:12 pm

Wait, young people walk around in pajamas?

I dress stylish, just so I can blend in and also feel nice. I'm quite sensitive to cooler temperatures, so for most of the year I wear either trainers or boots, with skinny jeans, and a zippy jacket with a T-shirt underneath. I've gone on to low-neck T-shirts, and sometimes I wear a necklace too. I also sometimes wear a body-warmer (like a zippy jacket but with no sleeves), and a nice top underneath. People often compliment that I look nice.

In the summer I like to wear a thin top with no sleeves, or just an ordinary T-shirt, with shorts or ones that come to below the knees, and some nice sandals. That's how I generally dress. I hate all these fancy things what jump in and out of fashion when you least expect it. I prefer to wear things that are stylish and are basically in fashion all the time.

I do dress for the seasons, but like I said earlier, I am more sensitive to the cold, which means I wear a scarf even when the temperature is in the teens (I'm talking Celsius). People seem to get all judgemental about it, although I don't know why because it's not exactly that different as such. It's just that some of us feel the cold more than others. I would understand it if I were wearing a scarf on a really hot day, but not when it's still quite chilly. Once when I was on my break at work I had to pop into the town to get a sandwich, and I had my black work trousers and shoes on, and just a white vest top, because that is what we all wear at work (it is really hot at work). And one man said ''it isn't that hot!'' as I passed, then two women looked at me funny. I felt like yelling, ''what's the big deal? I'm on my lunch break and I've been working my arse off, I'm hot and hungry. And besides, usually I go about wearing a scarf and coat in this chilly-but-not-cold temperature, so butt out!! !''

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 5:16 pm

I dress in one color only Black. Black shorts, black socks, black polo shirt, black jeans/slacks black shoes. I'm not a emo, goth, satanist (or what ever stereotype is associated with wearing black) it's just what color I feel comfortable in and I cringe when I have to wear colors when I go to various job readiness programs tho I know in reality nobody really cares if I'm wearing one set of colors just as long as my shirts and slacks are clean and pressed.

Last edited by JoelFan on 29 Oct 2014, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 5:29 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Wait, young people walk around in pajamas?

Yes they do, or pajama pants mixed with day clothes....I have and in the winter since I mostly have skinny sort of jeans I sometimes wear my warm leopard print or peace sign pajama pants over them to stay warm.

Joe90 wrote:
I do dress for the seasons, but like I said earlier, I am more sensitive to the cold, which means I wear a scarf even when the temperature is in the teens (I'm talking Celsius). People seem to get all judgemental about it, although I don't know why because it's not exactly that different as such. It's just that some of us feel the cold more than others. I would understand it if I were wearing a scarf on a really hot day, but not when it's still quite chilly. Once when I was on my break at work I had to pop into the town to get a sandwich, and I had my black work trousers and shoes on, and just a white vest top, because that is what we all wear at work (it is really hot at work). And one man said ''it isn't that hot!'' as I passed, then two women looked at me funny. I felt like yelling, ''what's the big deal? I'm on my lunch break and I've been working my arse off, I'm hot and hungry. And besides, usually I go about wearing a scarf and coat in this chilly-but-not-cold temperature, so butt out!! !''

I don't see the big deal lots of people wear stuff that is probably better fit for colder weather in warmer weather, I know I have. Like I've had days it really is to hot for a hat like the one in my picture but my hair looks like crap so I end up wearing one anyways. Then again I do live in colorado and sometimes it does get chillier than one might expect randomly so its nice to have something warm in case even in the summer.

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 5:52 pm

Joe90 wrote:

I see people wearing flip-flops with no socks in temperatures I would find to be too cold. Please. To each their own--it's no one else's business.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 5:59 pm

I'm embarrassed to say this but I don't change my clothes often, probably once or twice a week. I even sleep in them. That said, my attire is usually casual - jeans, t-shirt and sweater. All my clothes were bought at Value Village except the sweater which was given to me.