Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 3:59 pm

I really have to be pushed and prodded into getting in the shower. But once I'm in there I don't want to get out. So it's like I have to be forced in and then have to be forced out. They have me shower at night after dinner because it takes so long getting me in and then I stay in so long I use up the hot water.

LookingLost
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 4:20 pm

I think I'm quite similar, although I've been doing it independently since I was younger. A lot of the time I dread going to have a shower, but then I end up standing in there for longer than I need to.

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 4:27 pm

I love showers; I find water to be quite calming and cleansing. I like to just stand there while it washes over me.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 4:28 pm

All the above.
The thing I hate most about showering is getting out into the cold. Not getting in means not having to get out.
Well, that and it's 30 minutes I could spend doing something else.

I often wash outside of the shower to avoid what I don't like about it, while minimizing the downsides of not showering. You know, until I give in and realize the time to shower has come. As foretold told by the prophets [pbut].

bguimaraes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Nov 2014, 4:31 pm

It's the only place quiet, and nobody is going to interrupt you coming into that door when you're there \o

grbiker
Raven
Raven

05 Nov 2014, 4:43 pm

Prefer baths to showers, myself.

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 5:15 pm

I have no problem remembering to shower. My parents don't have to remind to do it, but I think it's because they know I'm not really a little kid either. However, it does take a while to push myself to get it done. I don't shower everyday either, but as a cue... I wait until my hair is a little greasy. It's usually very hard on my routine to have to worry about constantly showering.

unit_00
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Nov 2014, 5:39 pm

when i was younger my parents never really enforced any hygiene rules about this so me and my siblings would run around being smelly for long stretches of times before our parents finally payed attention and forced us to bath/shower.

now i have an alarm set for a certain time of day when i usually shower and it has helped a lot, because i am forgetful about basic needs. unfortunately right now i haven't been following my schedule at all. frustrating. and i was doing so good too.

also another thing: sometimes the shower really hurts, the pressure is just painful even if i change the settings on the shower head. anyone else? i think that's part of the reason i hated showers when i was small. that and the sound. but yes once i'm in there i'm liable to stay in for a loooong time so i try to be mindful of that.

tetris
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 6:20 pm

The first thing I do in the morning is shower, I never really want to get the shower but once I'm in the shower I don't want to get out of the shower. The shower has to be hot though, not warm or cold.

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 6:48 pm

EzraS wrote:
I really have to be pushed and prodded into getting in the shower. But once I'm in there I don't want to get out. So it's like I have to be forced in and then have to be forced out. They have me shower at night after dinner because it takes so long getting me in and then I stay in so long I use up the hot water.

I relate to your experience.
In a way I hate to take a shower, because to me the drops are violent to my skin, it really hurts in the beginning, but later it gets a pleasant sensation, given the temperature is right, my skin needs time to adapt to it,
but I would never take a shower voluntarily,
though I take a daily bath,
and there I have the same sensation of it being violent because my skin needs to adapt,
but it is less violent than a shower.

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 7:04 pm

EzraS wrote:

almost the same as this. i live in a house with 3 NTs...they take showers in the morning. i take showers at night, cuz it's more fun and I don't have to fight for my turn. however, it is hard to get me in and hard to get me out. LOL and i HAVE to have two certain towels or I will not shower.

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

r2d2
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 7:30 pm

It is soothing. A nice hot bath is even more soothing - but it take a lot more effort to get me going for a bath - For me it is more the bath starts off feeling painful and then it turns into ecstasy.

- Albert Einstein

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 2:52 am

I don't like them. I don't like the feeling of the water running over me or the whole hot/ cold feeling when you're getting in/getting out. If I have to shower I spend as little time in there as possible. Most of the time I just wash in the handbasin.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

06 Nov 2014, 3:14 am

I do my best thinking in the shower, I can stay in there for hours.

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 3:58 am

I do it every other day because doing it every day can be bad for your skin and hair, it depends. For some people that's not a problem but for me it really dries my hair out. So I either do it every other day or when I don't feel like going to sleep while I'm still smelling rank from the gym or something else.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 4:36 am

I hate showering and I take too much time showering