Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 11:23 pm

not even aspierin?

traven
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2017, 2:16 am

whats wrong with the asps? physic is physic but everyone reads psychic (is that easier on the mind or what?)
wolf howl: its a conspiracy ! !!
physical aspie , its possible (pardon my french!)

Fred Astaire appeared in 212 musical numbers, of which 133 contain fully developed dance routines, many of which are of great artistic value. And, because he worked mainly in film, the vast majority of Astaire's works are preserved in their original form. Astaire's dances are a blend of tap and ballroom dancing with bits from other dance forms thrown in. What holds everything together is Astaire's class, wit, and apparent ease of execution.

Astaire spent weeks working out his choreography. He also created an approach to filming dance that was often copied in Hollywood musicals: both camerawork and editing are used to support the flow of the dancing, not to overshadow it. Although his shyness and self-doubt could make him difficult to work with, Astaire was an efficient planner and worker. His courtesy, professionalism, and struggle for improvement earned him the admiration of his coworkers.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2017, 3:10 am

^^ hahahaha....at least someone read the post title properly.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2017, 8:15 am

Aaron Rhodes wrote:
How many false predictions are you not willing to share with everyone?

Zero, as far as I know.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2017, 8:29 am

I'm not psychic although I thought I was once but it turned out to be drug induce psychosis.

I do get that weird coincidence thing quite a lot though but I try to ignore it as it causes anxiety and I can't manage that so well.

I'm not an educated person, I'm quite simple really to be perfectly honest but I can see both sides of this argument.

Aaron Rhodes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Dec 2017, 8:49 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Aaron Rhodes wrote:

Zero, as far as I know.

Hey, I must be psychic too because I knew that would be your answer. Well, back to the topic at hand, what is everyone's favorite medicine?

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2017, 11:50 am

Yes. I have had dreams of the future and noted them - the "scientific" explanation of Deja-vu does not apply. I have also had a sense of impending doom twice, and was quite correct, although my own reactions to the clue may have contributed. I have also had some coincidences of astronomical odds. The one time I felt compelled to speak to a stranger, from a 3rd floor window, at 2 AM, I discovered my boyhood pen-pal, visiting Canada. I found my house by a chain of very lucky happenings.

Dataunit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Dec 2017, 12:35 pm

EzraS wrote:
I find paranormal and psychic stuff very intriguing and definitely entertaining. I have had experiences with it myself. I don't care what the scientific disclaimer is for the experiences. There's no fun in that.

The mystical, the paranormal and all that is certainly a concept worth entertaining.

I remember a line from a book that went something like, it was a time when people knew less and understood more.

Thank you for this. It confirms what sceptics already knew: that people want to believe they have psychic powers because it entertains them, and that they don't want to know the scientific truth because that is boring.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
- Epicurus

Dataunit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Dec 2017, 12:50 pm

Aaron Rhodes wrote:
SabbraCadabra wrote:
Aaron Rhodes wrote:

Zero, as far as I know.

Hey, I must be psychic too because I knew that would be your answer. Well, back to the topic at hand, what is everyone's favorite medicine?

Hmmm, that's a tough one. Oxycodone is excellent for pain relief, whereas mirtazapine is brilliant for insomnia and (as a serotonin antagonist) works for depression much better than do SSRIs*. As for the antibiotics and antivirals: they'd be horrendous suffering in the world without them. Did you know that antiretroviral drugs like Tenofovir can give HIV+ people the same lifespan as HIV- people, and can even prevent the spread of HIV during unprotected sex?

* http://www.bmj.com/content/350/bmj.h1771

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
- Epicurus

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 1:15 pm

EzraS wrote:
I find paranormal and psychic stuff very intriguing and definitely entertaining. I have had experiences with it myself. I don't care what the scientific disclaimer is for the experiences. There's no fun in that.

The mystical, the paranormal and all that is certainly a concept worth entertaining.

I remember a line from a book that went something like, it was a time when people knew less and understood more.

That's what I think about my strange and obsessively entertaining "ability" to predict earthquakes ... within five seconds before the rumbling starts (admittedly, not a very useful "superpower", but it does seem to amaze and annoy others). It is almost as much fun as my synesthesia; it makes me giggle. The paranormal answer is that I am a so-called "Earth sensitive." The sciency-stuff answer is that I might be among the estimated one percent of the population who appear to enjoy the same predictive skills as many animals according to researchers at the University of Alaska at Fairbanks.

I love the quote! :D

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 1:55 pm

When I was in high school during abominably hot D.C. area Augusts I would often hole up in the air conditioned house and just read.

But often I would get a stirring to look out the window. Almost like a voice in my head saying "go to the window and look out. You wont be disappointed".

Whenever I obeyed the voice I would always be at the window in time to see Jane B., one of the hottest girls in my high school, walking to the local swimming pool in her bikini.

The voice would also tell me when to catch sight of her returning home from the pool minutes later.

So I am a believer.

But I don't think that aspies are either more, nor less, susceptible to psychic powers than anyone else.

About the same time my NT sister had a dream in which the latest hit song by the Beatles dropped from two to four on the charts. So the first thing she did was grab the morning paper to check. Sure enough the song HAD dropped from two to four on the charts!

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 2:00 pm

teksla wrote:
No.

Autistics (aspies included) and humans in general are not psychic in any way.

Most of the time we might have a feeling that something is about to happen, it doesnt. When it does people sometimes think they have magical powers, but they dont think about the times they got it wrong.

Predicting people is not magic, it can be based off of body language, tone, etc. and especially something as simple as guessing when someone will say no.

Just treat the word "psychic" as if it means "shallow, bogus liar" and then there are plenty of psychics all around.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 3:45 pm

Not me, If I think something is going to happen usually the opposite happens.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 2:42 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Not me, If I think something is going to happen usually the opposite happens.

all too often that has been the case with me as well. :|

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 2:44 am

naturalplastic wrote:
When I was in high school during abominably hot D.C. area Augusts I would often hole up in the air conditioned house and just read. But often I would get a stirring to look out the window. Almost like a voice in my head saying "go to the window and look out. You wont be disappointed". Whenever I obeyed the voice I would always be at the window in time to see Jane B., one of the hottest girls in my high school, walking to the local swimming pool in her bikini. The voice would also tell me when to catch sight of her returning home from the pool minutes later. So I am a believer. But I don't think that aspies are either more, nor less, susceptible to psychic powers than anyone else. About the same time my NT sister had a dream in which the latest hit song by the Beatles dropped from two to four on the charts. So the first thing she did was grab the morning paper to check. Sure enough the song HAD dropped from two to four on the charts!

that is an excellent kinda psychic sense to have :mrgreen: but for sure it IS psychic.

starcats
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 2:46 pm

I don't know about premonitions, but I think there is something about aspies and all AS people's way of thinking that operates more as a herd mentality than a predator mentality that might be related to this question. We are overly aware of very subtle changes in environment or energy and we may react to almost un-observable cues that others miss. That could be perceived as "psychic" by an observer that doesn't understand.