Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2021, 4:00 pm

Miss Mexico Andrea Meza Wins Miss Universe 2020

Quote:
A year after the annual competition went on a hiatus due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Meza was crowned Miss Universe 2020 on Sunday evening.

Some standouts included Miss Curacao Chantal Wiertz,

CHANTAL WIERTZ contestant page
Quote:
Chantal Wiertz is an international model who is currently studying food and beverage management. Chantal is a true animal lover and is passionate about her six horses that she owns on her ranch. She works with her mother and sister to give dressage training lessons to teach others everything they need to know about horses.

Chantal also gives equine therapy to kids with special needs, using the horses to not only boost their self-confidence but also teach them how to cope with stressful situations.

Chantal started the #celebrateyouruniqueness social media campaign after being diagnosed with autism to help empower those with special needs and show them that everything is possible with determination and hard work.

At 17, Chantal travelled on her own to work as a model in Asia.

Chantal was born in the Netherlands, lived in Germany, and after her dad passed away, moved to Curacao. Which is why she speaks Dutch, German and Papiamentu.

This year, Chantal started Equine Therapy with other children and her ambition is to grow into in a full academy with various instructors and horses.

Chantal no longer feels insecure about having autism and celebrates her individuality everyday with hopes that others will too.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2021, 4:52 pm

Pretty Neat-o to me!

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2021, 11:28 am

I don't really endorse competitions that set individuals up as the the world's greatest this or that, especially sexual desirability contests, but the horse thing sounds like she's doing something very worthwhile.