Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

JosetteJoy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Dec 2023, 2:44 am

I just had two meltdowns in one hour. The first from anxiety and overstimulation, the second from a lack of support. I recently started a topic about the most supportive neurotypicals in people's lives. I don't have one. My family either doesn't believe I'm on the spectrum, doesn't care and won't do anything about it, or doesn't know how to help.

My sister is throwing her first party tomorrow and she invited about 40 people. My Mom told me a few days ago that my Dad might take me out on a date during the party so that I won't have to go, but that's not going to happen because he got sick. I don't know if I can handle going to the party even though both my parents expect me to go.

I may be using this to vent and process, but I just needed to get these things out because I'm not in a good mindset. I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2023, 3:56 pm

Sweet Pea hugs.

I'm sorry that happened to you. There was a time that happened to me at work 11 years ago. It was horrible and the two meltdowns were caused by the same person. I was crying like I usually do during a meltdown.

Vander571
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jan 2024, 12:06 am

Just say no, kindly. This event is not suitable for me and I would not be able to deal with it right now. Perhaps another time.

No one can make you do anything. You are important and you need to take care of yourself first instead of pleasing other people. Saying no is ok. If they don't like that, then the problem is with them and not you.

I don't have Autism, I was born this way. I'm simply called an Autistic.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2024, 12:30 am

I would consider that to be all the same meltdown.
That doesn't mean I'm minimizing it.
It means it's the same trigger, not yet resolved.

Regardless of if was two meltdowns or one big one, that sucks.
Sorry that's happening.

If your dad wasn't sick, you wouldn't have had to go.
I would remind them you weren't planning on it, and you can't do it.