Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2024, 2:53 am

__Elijahahahaho wrote:
Fnord wrote:
__Elijahahahaho wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I have held grudges against the people who bullied me during my childhood and teen years.  By sheer coincidence, all of those people have either died, gone to prison, become homeless, or contracted some form of dementia.
Bahaha I appreciate your vindictiveness sometimes fnord, hilariously dark.
Vindictiveness?  Hardly.  For most of them, their misfortune was self-generated.  For the rest (i.e., the dementia patients), their misfortune was an "act of G^D".
I mean... but you did write about it here... and you were sharing this "malicious compliance stuff". Anyway I appreciate the dark vibes, it's funny.
Don't overthink it.  While I have held grudges, there are only a few instances when I actively and intentionally committed revenge.  Malicious Compliance is more about passively changing a situation when attempting an active change would only make things worse.  But as Frank Sinatra once said, "The best revenge is massive success" -- the priceless looks on the faces of people who were confronted with my success when they expected me to end up in the gutter or in prison were well worth the effort to become far more than what they expected.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

blueberryman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 May 2024, 7:23 am

The best predictor of past behaviour is future behaviour. If someone wrongs me in some way then we are not really compatible to interact with. It may sound harsh, but thats life. I wish I lived in a world where people could talk out their differences and our natures were more flexible. I guess I don't place too much importance on myself either, they are not losing much if I don't engage with them. That time could be better spent with people more like me instead.