Does anyone else obsessively stand on things?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

utterly absurd
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2024, 3:36 pm

I cannot just stand on the floor. Anything lying on the floor, old shoes, bags of stuff, pillows, piles of clothes, cat toys, I'm always standing on it (unless it's breakable). If I'm outside I stand on big rocks or tree stumps. Sometimes I'll stand with one foot on a piece of furniture.
This drives my mom crazy but I don't do it on purpose--if something is there, I just find myself standing on top of it. I get down and I end up on it again.
Does anyone else do this?

Feel free to PM me--I like to talk about most things other than sports.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2024, 6:32 am

utterly absurd wrote:
I cannot just stand on the floor. Anything lying on the floor, old shoes, bags of stuff, pillows, piles of clothes, cat toys, I'm always standing on it (unless it's breakable). If I'm outside I stand on big rocks or tree stumps. Sometimes I'll stand with one foot on a piece of furniture.
This drives my mom crazy but I don't do it on purpose--if something is there, I just find myself standing on top of it. I get down and I end up on it again.
Does anyone else do this?

I don't, but it wouldn't surprise me if other people do. The feet have an amazing number of nerves, so foot-stimming being a thing doesn't really surprise me.

__Elijahahahaho
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 May 2024, 11:14 am

yes. I do this. So do some kids.

Suicidal_Vampire
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 May 2024, 10:08 am

Yeah, but I think I'm more inclined to climbing stuff rather just standing on objects (though I do enjoy jumping from one object to another as a game).
Ex.
*Sitting chatting with my friends at a table. Next to us a staircase with a railing.
Me: *climbs the railing really high without even noticing.
For context, I'm in high school and have always been called "mature for my age." However, most people find my behaviors odd, this one being no exception.
I can't really be around climb-able things without climbing on them.
I also walk on elevated structures that aren't really meant to walk on, like a kid would. I also stand and like to balance myself on high (elevated) places and will often do it with my couch or benches.
Maybe I'll grow out of it?

"Really? I'd like to meet him."