I'm Not An Aspie. I Lied During My Assessment.

Page 9 of 9 [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

marcaevans
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Oct 2017, 4:41 pm

I think you’re missing the point though. This is a spectrum, everyone is going to be at different points on the spectrum and everyone is completely different. It’s a myth that everyone on the spectrum is a genius, IQ can be below average, average or above average. There are Savants on the spectrum but they are few and far between, I mean I certainly don’t fit into that category. At times I don’t think my special interests go that deep but others notice it. I have a strong fascination of Anticoagulation at the moment and while I just see it as having knowledge on the subject others have told me I have gone in depth. Again not everyone Stims on the spectrum, as others have already said.

As I have said before, it’s probably incredibly difficult to lie during the assessment as these are professionals and would know when it’s ASD and when it’s not. As others have suggested they probably do things during the ADOS and discussion that you may not have realised that would check if you were making it up. For me I’m guessing from my report they left “hooks” for me to further discussion but I can’t recall when these occurred.

Diagnosed ASD November 2016