Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Billuxv
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Dec 2012, 7:45 am

Kinme wrote:
Why I thought you meant cracking joints (as in weed) in half is beyond me... Wow...
I only crack my toes, but only sometimes; I used to do it all the time.

Lol

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 1:05 pm

I do like to crack my joints but I don't do it as a stim. I just do it for fun. Often I get my two hands, lock the fingers together, and stretch my arms out with the palms of my hands facing outwards so that my fingers click.

Also I often find myself having a knee-clicking contest, where we all bend our knees and see who's knees click the loudest. It's funny.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 1:12 pm

I've done this a lot since a young age. It feels so good. Especially the neck and back. It creeps some people out how loud and well I crack my neck and back. To them that's the sound of someone being scrunched up and having their bones crushed. To me it's just a way to relax.

Si_82
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 7:34 pm

I used to crack my jaw compulsively but would probably class it with my ticks rather than a stim because it was more of a compulsion rather than soothing.

Alexithymia: 137

LonelyLoner
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Dec 2012, 10:40 pm

What is considered a stim?

JenJazz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Dec 2012, 1:24 pm

definately although my friend does it all the time and everytime it feels like aomeone ia scratching on a chalk board in my brain :-s !

Billuxv
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Dec 2012, 6:01 pm

LonelyLoner wrote:

Any compulsive , rhythmic, repetitive act that an individual might have very little control over OR might feel uneasy if they are unable to carry it out.

LonelyLoner

10 Dec 2012, 9:11 pm

Billuxv wrote:
LonelyLoner wrote:

Any compulsive , rhythmic, repetitive act that an individual might have very little control over OR might feel uneasy if they are unable to carry it out.

Ohhh ok. thanks!

salem44dream
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 9:50 pm

I vote for it being a stim. I've cracked every possible joint in my body since the age of ten, and I'm now 58. CBT helped, and now at least I don't do it like I used to do ... I used to be in severe pain all over (that was a BIG hurdle to cross, though).

little_blue_jay
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Aug 2014, 3:56 pm

Billuxv wrote:
LonelyLoner wrote:

I had to do a search for this as I've been wondering for a while. I guess by that definition my cracking my ankles is a stim!! I crack them without consciously thinking of it and also if I'm prevented from doing it it bugs me till I'm able to do it. (A friend of mine has tried to stop me cracking my ankles; he put his hands on my feet so I couldn't turn them the way I need to to crack them and he tried to scare me by saying I'll wind up in a wheelchair from doing that. :roll: Then first chance I got when he left the room I cracked my ankles good & loud - it felt so nice :) ) Also it bothers me if one ankle cracks and the other doesn't - I have to be even steven :)

AQ score: 47
RAADS-R score: 196