Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 2:37 am

What amuses me most about this forum is that the people who have the hardest time getting laid are the same ones who claim to be experts in "mating behavior," or "How All Women Think."

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

vanhalenkurtz
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 3:09 am

Initiate rotation to fasten.

EQ: 6.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 3:10 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
What amuses me most about this forum is that the people who have the hardest time getting laid are the same ones who claim to be experts in "mating behavior," or "How All Women Think."

Sure. I suppose I got 3 children without getting layed. :mrgreen:

What amuses me the most is that it is always women on the spectrum that claim that they have no partner preferences, that they "select by honesty", and that mating behavior is something neurodiverse people have evolved beyond. I think this says more about these women not having a clue about how they function themselves than anything else.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 3:19 am

paxfilosoof wrote:
wtf this is BS, I have an aspie score of 190+ and I like to have sex with my girlfriend not only for giving birth ..

I never claimed that all neurodiverse people are like that. It's mostly the one's that identify as asexual, which is a considerable proportion. And it is mostly women that identify as asexual which is funny when it is also neurodiverse women that say they have no mating behavior.

It is really strange that neurodiverse women either decide that they are asexual, or claim to be as everybody else. Surely there must be a large proportion that just dislike sexual intercourse, but doesn't claim that they are asexual and totally uninterested in reproduction because of that? Or is this because of cultural pressure?

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 3:27 am

rdos wrote:
I think this says more about these women not having a clue about how they function themselves than anything else.

Of course not.

We need men to tell us how we think,, and what we want.

Additionally, "mating behavior" in humans is clearly identifiable and quantifiable because Rdos says so.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 5:04 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
We need men to tell us how we think,, and what we want.

That seems like a real bad method. It would be far better if you could explain it yourself without any sociological drivel.

XFilesGeek wrote:
Additionally, "mating behavior" in humans is clearly identifiable and quantifiable because Rdos says so.

No because the scientific discipline "human ethology" says so. :wink:

But I suppose you don't believe in ethology either, but rather want sociology to be able explain everything?

paxfilosoof
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Aug 2013, 5:58 am

look at this: introverts picking up girls on street.
they ask numbers of people without mating ritual.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAGiQ3AWKqI

3 guys of simple pickup:
http://www.simplepickup.com/about/

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 6:17 am

paxfilosoof wrote:

3 guys of simple pickup:

I don't know what this is supposed to prove.

First, in most of the situations you don't see how the initial contact is established

Second, in all of these situations the guy is doing the typical neurotypical mating ritual he is supposed to do after exchange of interest signals. He is looking at the girl, and he is conversing with her in order to be able to get to a point where it would be meaningful to ask her for her number. I can say for sure that this is not the way the natural neurodiverse mating ritual works. A major clue of how it works is in avoiding eye contact and staring. Thus, the initial contact, which is poorly documented in the video, differ between the neurodiverse and neurotypicals. And any neurodiverse that has not learned how to date girls from trial-and-error quite likely has the neurotypical mating behavior.

This guy might be introvert, but he cetainly is not neurodiverse in the social domain.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 6:22 am

rdos wrote:

That seems like a real bad method. It would be far better if you could explain it yourself without any sociological drivel.

You mean like "sociological drivel" that humans have universal, clearly defined, easily quantifiable mating behaviors?

Quote:

No because the scientific discipline "human ethology" says so. :wink:

No, "human ethology" says no such thing.

Quote:
But I suppose you don't believe in ethology either, but rather want sociology to be able explain everything?

No, I just prefer actually ethology, backed by actual data, as researched by actual scientists.

paxfilosoof
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Aug 2013, 6:26 am

rdos wrote:
paxfilosoof wrote:

3 guys of simple pickup:

I don't know what this is supposed to prove.

First, in most of the situations you don't see how the initial contact is established

Second, in all of these situations the guy is doing the typical neurotypical mating ritual he is supposed to do after exchange of interest signals. He is looking at the girl, and he is conversing with her in order to be able to get to a point where it would be meaningful to ask her for her number. I can say for sure that this is not the way the natural neurodiverse mating ritual works. A major clue of how it works is in avoiding eye contact and staring. Thus, the initial contact, which is poorly documented in the video, differ between the neurodiverse and neurotypicals. And any neurodiverse that has not learned how to date girls from trial-and-error quite likely has the neurotypical mating behavior.

This guy might be introvert, but he cetainly is not neurodiverse in the social domain.

What this man actually do is talk to random stranger, not because they smiled at them or did some undercover sex signal (http://www.amazon.com/dp/0806527935) (which 95% of the guys miss)

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 6:33 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
You mean like "sociological drivel" that humans have universal, clearly defined, easily quantifiable mating behaviors?

We have two versions, and the traits might be partially from both of them. That creates ambiguity but it doesn't mean that the pure traits themselves are not clearly defined or quantifiable. That's my hypothesis that you cannot disprove by claiming that neurodivers people lack mating ritual. The first step needs to be to try to form a hypothesis about the neurodiverse mating ritual. The neurotypical mating ritual is pretty well-known.

XFilesGeek wrote:
No, I just prefer actually ethology, backed by actual data, as researched by actual scientists.

Good. That was what I referred to.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 6:44 am

rdos wrote:
The neurotypical mating ritual is pretty well-known.

"Well-known" by whom?

Citation needed.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 7:33 am

Well if anyone actually figures this out let me know because I actually like sex....a lot...and knowing how to find a mate when I want one is handy....

shadow_light
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Aug 2013, 2:33 am

don't think I have ever engaged in the "normal" mating ritual as it were lol

basically all my past relationships started with drunken one night stands... and my current one we met through mutual friends and basically got close due to our shared "social squiffiness" and then took ages actually getting together (which greatly annoyed all our friends who apparently could see it coming before either of us had even realised that we liked the other let alone that the other liked us in return - slight English fail there but hopefully you got the idea)

The psychology of dating and mating is interesting, but I think that if you try too hard to stick to the "rules" then things won't go the way you want them to... there are a lot of books out that that claim that they can help you to find someone or whatever but I seriously doubt that any actually work, especially since many of them involved reading the other person and altering the rules accordingly which in my experience is not something that most people on the autistic spectrum are particularly good at