Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2014, 7:26 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
In my experience, it's environmental. More specifically it's due to the foods you consume & to a much lesser extent chemicals you come into skin contact with. I'm one who's had great success treating symptoms via diet, herbal detox to the nth degree, and probiotics.

^ I avoid eating grains, legumes, dairy, potatoes, processed foods, refined sugars or eggs because of other health issues I have. I don't think I could modify my diet any further.
I'm also very careful not to use chemical products on my skin (allergies). Baking soda, olive oil and apple cider vinegar is about as chemical as it gets.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

01 Nov 2014, 10:04 pm

You have your good days and bad days, stress definitely causes me to unravel.

ElsaFlowers
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Nov 2014, 6:45 am

I definitely think stress contributes to how autistic I am. As a child I didn't display so many traits as I do now. Life was easier when everything was done for me but as an adult it's very stressful for me doing a full time job and being responsible for household chores and meals. My stim is biting my lip which I do several times every day and cannot stop. However when I'm on holiday I can stop doing this. It's the only time I feel completely relaxed. Other things like twiddling with objects I only do when I'm upset. Executive dysfunction is a big problem for me which happens when I'm stressed or when someone upsets me, which unfortunately is often.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2014, 1:44 pm

Raleigh wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
In my experience, it's environmental. More specifically it's due to the foods you consume & to a much lesser extent chemicals you come into skin contact with. I'm one who's had great success treating symptoms via diet, herbal detox to the nth degree, and probiotics.

^ I avoid eating grains, legumes, dairy, potatoes, processed foods, refined sugars or eggs because of other health issues I have. I don't think I could modify my diet any further.
I'm also very careful not to use chemical products on my skin (allergies). Baking soda, olive oil and apple cider vinegar is about as chemical as it gets.

Sounds like an excellent start.. but trust me, you could modify it further - I know because I've done it myself over the last couple years and it's made all the difference in the world.