Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 4:29 pm

I don't think I'll ever have children. The idea of childbirth terrifies me so much. I also don't think I'd be able to have a child the way someone normally does by pushing the baby out. D: These things are very hard for me to express like others. Not to mention having to raise the child as well without the state deeming me unfit to care for it due to the nature of my disabilities.

However, if it wasn't terrifying, and I didn't have a lot of problems... I wouldn't mind having a child. I don't even think I'd be able to care for an adopted/fostered child either. ._.

LoveforLoki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Nov 2014, 4:30 pm

skibum wrote:
LoveforLoki wrote:
I have three children, I love it so much! I had a desire to have them and man they are so dang awesome. They are my favorite people on the planet. Two of them are autistic.
That is so awesome. Even though I don't want kids for myself I love seeing families that really adore and take great care of their kids. Here in the city I see so many kids whose parents don't have time or real interest for them. It makes me sad to see that so when I read your post it made me smile. I actually love kids and think they are wonderful. I just don't want any of my own.

Thank you kindly!

I am just so happy to have them in my life. I mean we have hard times, my two autistic children have meltdowns a lot but I guess since I have autism as well I can relate to them and I often know how to make it better for them. My son is mostly nonverbal, he only speaks a few words but he is so awesome, smart, and witty. They are all very unique in their own ways and special to me. They show me so much love and I am so lucky to be able to share my love with them.

I am honored to be their mom.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 4:32 pm

LoveforLoki wrote:
skibum wrote:
LoveforLoki wrote:
I have three children, I love it so much! I had a desire to have them and man they are so dang awesome. They are my favorite people on the planet. Two of them are autistic.
That is so awesome. Even though I don't want kids for myself I love seeing families that really adore and take great care of their kids. Here in the city I see so many kids whose parents don't have time or real interest for them. It makes me sad to see that so when I read your post it made me smile. I actually love kids and think they are wonderful. I just don't want any of my own.

Thank you kindly!

I am just so happy to have them in my life. I mean we have hard times, my two autistic children have meltdowns a lot but I guess since I have autism as well I can relate to them and I often know how to make it better for them. My son is mostly nonverbal, he only speaks a few words but he is so awesome, smart, and witty. They are all very unique in their own ways and special to me. They show me so much love and I am so lucky to be able to share my love with them.

I am honored to be their mom.
And they are blessed to have you. :D

Wreck It Ralph

SpirosD
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Nov 2014, 5:02 pm

skibum wrote:
I don't think people have children to satisfy their egos. I have friends who have kids and they really love them and wanted them and were completely devastated when they miscarried the first one. Ten years later they still mourn and miss that child even though they have two more. It's definitely not an ego thing with the people I know who have kids.

Then why do people have kids today? Because thinking they will have a great life and achieve a lot is for the birds! In reality they will live less well than their parents, have a crap life like I described, and we are leaving children a crap world and crap planet. So why so much cruelty bringing a kid in today's world? Parents can love them has much has they want, doesn't change anything. So like I said, it's selfish.

Last edited by SpirosD on 19 Nov 2014, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LoveforLoki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Nov 2014, 5:10 pm

SpirosD wrote:
skibum wrote:
I don't think people have children to satisfy their egos. I have friends who have kids and they really love them and wanted them and were completely devastated when they miscarried the first one. Ten years later they still mourn and miss that child even though they have two more. It's definitely not an ego thing with the people I know who have kids.

Then why do people have kids today? Because thinking they will have a great life and achieve a lot is for the birds! In reality they will live less well than their parents, have a crap life like I described, and we are leaving children a crap world and crap planet. So why so much cruelty bringing a kind in today's world? Parents can love them has much has they can, doesn't change anything. So like I said, it's selfish.

You have to remember that this is only your opinion, your point of view, not everybody sees the world through your eyes.
Maybe others have another point of view, maybe they see life differently than you.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 5:10 pm

I had my doubts about my own abilities and tolerance for children. Unless they are rather quiet thoughtful kids they sort of drove me mad. But the minute she was born it was like everything changed. This wasn't just some noisy, messy, ruin my peace kid. It was ours and although difficult at times there was a natural concern and involvement that came on like a switch. The hardest part was learning the practical 'how-tos' very quickly. Our first had premature medical issues in infancy and it was a bit nerve wracking at times.

SpirosD
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Nov 2014, 5:27 pm

LoveforLoki wrote:
SpirosD wrote:
skibum wrote:

Then why do people have kids today? Because thinking they will have a great life and achieve a lot is for the birds! In reality they will live less well than their parents, have a crap life like I described, and we are leaving children a crap world and crap planet. So why so much cruelty bringing a kind in today's world? Parents can love them has much has they can, doesn't change anything. So like I said, it's selfish.

You have to remember that this is only your opinion, your point of view, not everybody sees the world through your eyes.
Maybe others have another point of view, maybe they see life differently than you.

Of course it's only my opinion, but perhaps I see the world the way it really is, just by observing, travelling and reading, and pretty sure most people are actually to scared or refuse to see the reality of the what the world is...

Also, I think society started to go down when the concept of children should be seen and not heard stopped to exist, but that is another debate...

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 5:31 pm

Yes, for a few years it motivated me to work through tougher times, but Ive put that desire on hold.

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 5:37 pm

No children, no desire and I could not take care of, provide for their needs.
But I have 3 cats, I can take care of, and provide for their needs
as cats needs are easier to meet than little human persons needs.
:cat: :cat: :cat:

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

2cat007
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Nov 2014, 5:49 pm

I want to adopt and foster children one day when I'm in my 30's. (After I'm done with college, have a career, and settle down.)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 6:36 pm

Being gay doesn't preclude one from having kids.

My wife's son is gay. And he has a son born via surrogacy.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 7:29 pm

Heaven forbid I have kids just one hyperactive mischief maker is enough if I were to have offspring the world will be doomed lol.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

TheVictor
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Nov 2014, 8:46 pm

At a very young age, when I first learned of the concept, I've wanted to adopt children. My six year old rationale was, "Why make more when they are already there and need parents to love them!?" Now, since I am gay, it makes even more sense for my future plans. My mother is going to rely on me for grandchildren since I am the only one of my siblings to express any interest... and I do have interest. Although, I may possibly skip the diaper stage... :)

A miserable little pile of secrets!

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 8:51 pm

No kids for me. Never wanted them before when I was younger, and still don't.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Nov 2014, 8:56 pm

I never wanted kids. I didn't even like kids when I was a kid myself & I have lots of disabilities that might could be passed down that I'm on disability for.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

IamRob
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Nov 2014, 9:56 pm

Yes.As i get older i do feel the urge for children (at lest one)and i cant help but feel like im missing out on something special.I do have my worries that go along with it but i feel like the positive outweigh the negative.
I kind of had a moment tonight at a friends place where my friends gf was sorting a box of christmas decorations with their daughter and watching them brought back memories from my childhood and then i though of what i was missing.I had to distract myself to not breack down in tears.though i have been feeling quite alone lately,with christmas comming and found out im going to be alone for this one.