Page 2 of 17 [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 3:17 am

Now look NCOT, if you don't like the threads expressing concern for the absence of well-liked members who made frequent appearances and gave good advice, then don't read those threads. They're not aimed at you, so why should you care? I'm very appreciative of the caring atmosphere around here, and I'll say that your posts on threads of late have been ruining my experiences here on WP rather (particularly your and BirdinFlight's attack on Skibum in her diagnostic report thread.) We're a support forum here, that means we don't go out of our way to hurt each others' feelings or belittle each others' ideas; there are plenty of other forums out there for that, don't bring it here. There: nothing "huggy-wuggy" about that post.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 5:08 am

Congratulations on making this thread, I'm proud of ya m8!

#teamNCOT

I don't think people need to be as*holes but I love some action. I've got into my fair share of arguments here in the past but I wouldn't quite classify them as anything worth seeing.

I'm torn between behaviour. On one hand I love the drama, but on the other some people use this place as a haven of comfortability. I want to engage dick mode in moderation, but I feel like there is nobody here I actually want to be a dick to ATM. When somebody comes along and pisses me off you'll see it.

Hey, for the sake of it you could create a thread about how NTs are all unempathetic f***heads and that'll probably get me going for a couple of reasons. Though it would almost be staged rather than real drama.

-delivers a backhand to myself

Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 5:13 am

...have you visited the L&D subforum lately? :|

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 5:47 am

Huh....I really don't get this thread.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 6:05 am

It's kind of an ironic joke thread. Deep underneath, NCOT really loves smoochie-smoothies. On a not-so-deep level, I believe she wants a Rambo as a m8.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 6:09 am

She should post in PPV. Say she has documented evidence for the existence of God.

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 7:40 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
It's kind of an ironic joke thread. Deep underneath, NCOT really loves smoochie-smoothies. On a not-so-deep level, I believe she wants a Rambo as a m8.

:rambo:

eleventhirtytwo
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Dec 2014, 8:12 am

Awww

22, entrepreneurial and diagnosed with High Functioning Autism, ADHD, OCD and Tourettes. Also have problems with Anxiety, and more recently depression, although I seem to returning to my optimistic self =)

maglevsky
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Dec 2014, 8:18 am

Well this here thread is truly a foreign planet to me, but it's also funny as all fxuk. Please keep it going!

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 8:45 am

eleventhirtytwo wrote:
Awww

I was going to post something here, but it was a pale echo of this... Well done eleventhirtytwo! :cheers:

Still-- Here's wooking at you, NCoT!

NiceCupOfTea
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 9:19 am

This is more like it. Bring on the insults (and the cute pictures), folks! :p

*sips black coffee*. Yep, guess who was dumb enough to stay up arguing way longer than they should on Christmas Eve...? >.>

I was actually thinking about this when I - eventually - went to bed. Having grown up in a family where there was nothing but arguments and an atmosphere so thick you could cut it with a knife, I don't actually like drama in real life - certain classic episodes from past family gatherings excepted. But otherwise I can't stand it when couples start sniping or shouting at each other, or parents shout at their children. I prefer it when everyone is having a nice time and the atmosphere is good, like it was at my brother's place on the 23rd December.

However, I don't like huggy-wugginess in real life any more than I do on forums, so I'm not completely schizophrenic - only partly :p

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 9:42 am

I guess your brother got sick of the drama/crap.....and just wanted to have a good ole time.

NiceCupOfTea
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 9:55 am

Shadi2 wrote:
Since when is intentional rudeness an Aspie trait, and/or something specific to WP? I have noticed quite the opposite, on WP, and elsewhere. On the other hand there is plenty of (intentionally) rude people in the world, and most of them are not autistic. Myself I know that eventho I certainly have been rude (I would rather call this "honest" than "rude") quite a few times, it was never intentional, and I don't go around looking for fights.

P.S. there is a thread on WP especially for this, go there and have fun insulting others lol Say something rude to the person above you

Soz for double post, but this is easier than editing my previous post.

You must not have used the same internet as me since 2000, love. It's true there are lots of rude NTs as well - and thank heaven for that because without them the internet would barely be worth browsing except for strictly informational or practical purposes.

But Aspies still have something of a reputation for using their Aspieness as an excuse to be rude and unsociable. It's probably unfair, but the few that I have met have largely brought it upon themselves - because they were, er, rude and unsociable.

Still I'd rather have those honestly obnoxious Aspies than the obnoxiously "caring" ones who go almost aggressively out of their way to show what caring people they are. It's like they have a need to be liked, or something? I dunno, I don't get it, don't pretend to get it, and am not much interested in getting it.

I'm quite clearly on the "wrong" planet; I'd absolutely love to find a "right" planet but I don't think such a place exists for me. I'm a dickhead, a complete and utter dickhead, most of the time.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 10:02 am

I guess clit-head doesn't have quite the same impact.

I could envision you in your tattered flannel bathrobe--looking cute, nevertheless. Glad you don't have a cigarette dangling from your mouth.

BTW: Merry Christmas :wink:

downbutnotout
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 10:19 am

I'll pray for your rapid maturation from a child who sees pointless destruction and endless opining as strength into an adult who sees knowing when to hold their tongue, conserve their energy, and offer free kindness as strength.

NiceCupOfTea
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 10:26 am

downbutnotout wrote:
I'll pray for your rapid maturation from a child who sees pointless destruction and endless opining as strength into an adult who sees knowing when to hold their tongue, conserve their energy, and offer free kindness as strength.

An exquisite example of condescension and passive-aggressiveness boiled down into a concise, well-written sentence. Congratulations mate. Better than most of the drivel I read.

Edit: Kraftie m8, nah, I don't smoke. Never have done. Cheers for the Merry Christmas :p