Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

KaliMa
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2007, 7:26 am

JakeG wrote:
It is a term normally used pejoratively by Aspergians with a chip on their shoulder who seem to form the impression that all non-Aspergians conform to the same aloof, cold-hearted personality.

Are you sure that definition doesn't apply more to NTA than to NT? It does with me. I don't use NT pejoratively, I just use it to mean the non-aspie world. NTA I definitely use pejoratively.

edit: Oh, PS, that's a beautiful avatar :)

Litguy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2007, 7:54 am

I agree with JakeG that it is generally used pejoratively. I just have no problem with that. :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2007, 8:02 am

NT means Non Thinker. I prefer NNTA. Nasty Neurotypical a***hole.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2007, 8:46 am

JakeG wrote:
It is a term normally used pejoratively by Aspergians with a chip on their shoulder who seem to form the impression that all non-Aspergians conform to the same aloof, cold-hearted personality.

Not necessarily. I use 'NT' all the time. I've described some of my family as NT, that doesn't mean I was referring to them as cold-hearted.

JakeG
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2007, 11:00 am

Sopho wrote:
JakeG wrote:

Not necessarily. I use 'NT' all the time. I've described some of my family as NT, that doesn't mean I was referring to them as cold-hearted.

Note the qualifier 'normally'

I am not saying everyone uses it pejoratively, just that the term is normally used pejoratively in the online AS community. Do a search for NT on here and see how many of the uses refer to things like 'typical NT as*holes' or other such ridiculous stereotypes of a term which basically refers to 99% of the word population

JakeG
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2007, 11:03 am

KaliMa wrote:
JakeG wrote:

Are you sure that definition doesn't apply more to NTA than to NT? It does with me. I don't use NT pejoratively, I just use it to mean the non-aspie world. NTA I definitely use pejoratively.

edit: Oh, PS, that's a beautiful avatar :)

I don't like the term NTA, why specify whether someone is Aspergian when calling them an as*hole? Whether or not they have AS has no relevance in the matter; there are AS and NT as*holes alike.

Yes, the photo I have in my avatar is great, especially in full size. I got it off some photography site on the interweb somewhere.

KaliMa
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2007, 11:16 am

Well, that's certainly true, an as*hole is an as*hole, whether NT or AS. They come in all flavors :wink:

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2007, 12:16 pm

Sopho wrote:
It means Neurotypical.
Nice Tits is better though. :P

Gotta agree there XD