Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2018, 8:41 am

I liked JAG. The cast members were also animal lovers, which is something I can relate to.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2018, 4:58 pm

The 1990s U.S. TV shows: Home Improvement (ABC), and Northern Exposure (CBS).

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2018, 5:12 pm

I liked Home Improvement, too.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2018, 5:45 pm

How about "Life Goes On?"

The main character was a Down Syndrome guy named Corky.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2018, 9:03 pm

"Curb Your Enthusiasm" and "IT Crowd".

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2018, 2:16 am

justkillingtime wrote:

I haven't seen IT Crowd. But the crazy situations Larry David gets into and the misunderstandings definitely.

Seinfeld was also mentioned which Larry David did the writing for and George is based on him.

DaughterOfAule
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jul 2018, 10:23 am

justkillingtime wrote:

I logged in so I could mention the "IT Crowd" and then saw you had beat me to it :P I love that show! And, Ezra, I agree about Doctor Who!

I have to say Star Trek as well, specifically with the characters of Spock and Data, probably a bit more with Data since sometimes I feel more android than actually living being. There have been a few times I have nearly gotten emotional (though I always hate to admit that sort of thing XP) due to something Data has said about not understanding human behavior because it seemed that it was exactly how I feel but never had the words to adequately express it.

Also, as odd as it might be, I relate to "The Mighty Boosh", Vince and Julian remind me a lot of me and my sister, we're a couple of weirdos but at least we have the same sense of humor XD

There are others that I relate to because of certain characters (e.g. as a nerdy goth I relate well to Abby and McGee from NCIS) but the ones mentioned I more often find myself thinking "wow, I can actually relate to that," or "me too!" when a character expresses something.

"I do not wish to evade the world
Yet I will forever build my own" - Tuomas Holopainen

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2018, 3:35 pm

I think the show I found most relatable was Everybody Hates Chris and The Barney Mac Show. They were both relatable and funny at the same time so it was a plus XD I'm not sure if you mean specific genres of tv shows but those are 2 I can think of unless you mean others.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2018, 4:52 pm

green0star wrote:
I think the show I found most relatable was Everybody Hates Chris and The Barney Mac Show. They were both relatable and funny at the same time so it was a plus XD I'm not sure if you mean specific genres of tv shows but those are 2 I can think of unless you mean others.

I love Everybody Hates Chris. I can certainly relate to the characters on there. Julius is a lot like my parents about money.