Page 2 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jeyradan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Apr 2008, 3:04 pm

I use it to block sound around me (noise-isolating earphones) and to replace it with a different sound that I can focus on, one that I can tolerate and enjoy. I use it when I don't want to hear what is going on around me, or when I need to relax.
However, I listen to it at an incredibly low volume that many of my friends cannot even hear, or barely so. I know that, for example, when after a stressful day at school I am walking to the lab (for more work and/or stress), I listen to it to relax, but not so loudly that I can't hear the important sounds from around me.

Edit: I have a Samsung:

Last edited by Jeyradan on 16 Apr 2008, 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bart21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2008, 3:32 pm

I just bought a new ipod since my other one was broken.
Been listening to loud metal music on my way to work every day.
I like how i don't get bored and don't really notice people around me.
When i arive at work i'm nice and mellow.

It's the same when driving my car.
I can't stand listening to the sound of the engine.
Music is so much more relaxing.
Though with my kind of music, Dance, metal, Trance, reggeaton etc it's difficult not to speed.
On some songs i noticed myself driving 100 on a 80 kmh road without noticing :oops:

marlinsgirl
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Apr 2008, 3:59 pm

I also can't live without my iPod. the music helps me to relax and concentrate on whatever I'm doing at the moment.

Ryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Apr 2008, 5:17 pm

I can't live without it. The music I store on it helps regulate my emotions, help my creativity, and block out outside noise.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

15 Apr 2008, 6:43 pm

I have an Ipod although rarely use it. I have my radio on at home and since I stay at home a lot of the time, there isn't much need for an Ipod.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2008, 6:48 pm

am do not walk and listen music at same time [find it impossible,get too overloaded], but listen to music via headphones and laptop at night,am have volume on minimum,and hate ipods,and itunes,too fiddly.
am used to use a sony psp for music before getting laptops.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

KatieRose212
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Apr 2008, 7:42 pm

i have an iPod and i use it all the time!

I don't use it to block out noise or anything... I mainly use it when upset (which, to be honest, is nearly all the time nowadays) because the music I have on it matches my mood!

DanteRF
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Apr 2008, 7:45 pm

Don't own one don't really want one. It would be too much stimilus for me to handle, however it would be handy to help clear thoughts or overthrow some other sound of displeasure.

chtucker18
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Apr 2008, 8:33 pm

yes, addicted to it

t0
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2008, 8:52 pm

I got a Zune to replace the broken CD player in my car. I really prefer it to the local radio. I'm not sure about using it outside the car - it makes me feel like I'm withdrawing too far from the outside world.

Poeticromance
Toucan
Toucan

15 Apr 2008, 9:14 pm

I love my iPod but I do not choose to use it while being with a person. I have a hard time listening to music and hearing a friend talk to me at once. I defanitly use it when I do not want to hear certian things. I absolutly love music. Having such a large library with many different music genres, most of my musical life is in my iPod.

I'd love to use it in school since I hate it there, the students there are ignorent to people with soical problems, same with the princpel and vice's. Of course, the kids of the school ruine everything that could be good so people can use iPods after finishing there work. Oh wells

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2008, 9:55 pm

I use my mp3 player (it's a Sansa) whenever I need to drown out a noise that gets to me (like the sound of people eating, etc), but I rarely use it while walking around as I perfer to hear if things like cars are coming towards me.

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2008, 10:12 pm

I have a Sansa. It keeps me from spazzing out in loud places. My main obsession also happens to be music. My mom took my MP3Player away for a very long time this year and I was completely misreable.

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2008, 10:22 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'd love to have one, but I can't afford it.

My mom just bought me an MP3 player. Not as expensive and almost as cool . . .

Certainly as portable. :)

I use clip on headphones. My ears are too small to accomodate the others.

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Apr 2008, 10:37 pm

I love my ipod also. Wear it while bike riding, (no more Cd's skipping when you hit a bump), have a stereo dock at home for it and also the thing where you plug it into your lighter in the car and it plays thru an unused radio frequency. I love how its all my favorite songs and no commercials. Also always wear it in any large store as it discourages interaction, and blocks out everyones chatter. And the PA systems. I HATE those!
Can never go back to CD's now.

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Lau: "But where would they put their feet?" Postpaleo: "Up their ass."

bettybarton
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Apr 2008, 8:12 am

yes, i also use mine to cut outside noise off!! i HATE noise!! ! i have had a walkman etc in use every day of my life since i got a walkman for christmas 1984!! i carry spare earplugs in case it breaks when im out and have to listen to other people.
classical music can be real help, since it's longer, and can be more passive to listen to if you have a nocturne or pastoral or something.
its really hard to explain the paradox of using noise to combat niose, but i think it makes a little sense- whta you have is controlled and reasonably constant- even with choruses, beaks etc. but passing down a street one is subject to nises which are nuexpected, constantly varying, uncontrolable, from other people. i also know that i associate some noises with being really annoyed right from the start- eg- listening to a one sided phone call while stuck on a bus will drive me insane in seconds, as i know from experiance its ALWAYS annoying. nistant high blood pressure!! !
try ear plugs- the world is nistantly peaceful!