Houstonian WP-members looking to meet up someplace....

Page 2 of 28 [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 10:06 am

Me and Adverb want to come. :)

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 10:19 am

YIKES 8O ...Sunday August 17 is no good for me. That is the day of the Leo party..I will be running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.
MAYBE Saturday.....the 16th....

Sorry..I can't believe I didn't think of that..... :?

aguales
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Aug 2008, 12:11 pm

This Saturday is do-able for me. Hey Tim, when do you leave for school?

stephaniecatherine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Aug 2008, 12:59 pm

aaah...I'm in Houston...in the midtown-ish montrose area.

the thought actually terrifies and excites me..in a good sorta kinda way.

what to do what to do. I won't be working this weekend...maybe I'll pop up...I don't know....this will be like the third social outing of the year for me :lol: ...i know where the marq*e is though...go there for movies. hmmmmmmmmm

yeh...i'm watching the thread... 8O see...like that. :wink:

adverb
Toucan
Toucan

12 Aug 2008, 2:51 pm

ana54 n i are in channelview, and are open to most anything (but can we keep it more central than spring/tomball/sugarland/far away?) and we could probably arrange to pick up the deer park / pasadena types, if it would help. i vote for olivia's cool warehouse happyfunspace. we could all bring pizza or chicken or take out chinese or whatever and have a smorgasbord.

adverb
Toucan
Toucan

12 Aug 2008, 2:57 pm

or everybody could bring a camera and 2 40s of malt liquor and we can meet in front of the holocaust museum... now that's a party.

aguales
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Aug 2008, 3:55 pm

that reminds me...I need to go back to the Holocaust museum. I didn't finish exploring the place. That also reminds that I need to go to MFAH cuz I didn't finish exploring the current exhibits :chin:

Yeah, SuperHapppyFunLand would be awesome. But Olivia's in the middle of renovating. She'd be the one to further expound on that issue.

stephaniecatherine wrote:

Sweet. More Houstonians. Hope you do join us :wtg:

Hey Adverb, is the Marq*e alright for ya'll? It's west of downtown but not far west.

And if any of ya'll are worried if the Marq*e is a socially crowded place, I went to a World of Warcraft meetup there (I don't play but my cousin does, so I tagged along) on a Saturday around lunchtime. The Jillian's restaurant was pretty empty and the whole place in general didn't seem to be bustling. I guess most of the people go later in the afternoon and at night.

adverb
Toucan
Toucan

12 Aug 2008, 5:10 pm

aguales wrote:
Hey Adverb, is the Marq*e alright for ya'll? It's west of downtown but not far west.

that'll work. but i'd prefer the new proto-superhappyfunland, even if it's in disrepair and full of roaches and snakes with lasers on their heads and pipes shooting random brown water all over. and olivia, i'd totally volunteer there if there's anything that doesn't require special skills involving wires or pipes.

stephaniecatherine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Aug 2008, 5:15 pm

aguales wrote:

Sweet. More Houstonians. Hope you do join us :wtg:

I just might do that :) a little bit freaked about it at the moment...meeting a bunch of new peoples.....but at times I can astoundingly override those feelings....but I don't know if I'll talk much...but you could poke me lots and i might just make a peep or two....i think the idea of meeting the houston WP-ers sounds really nifty....quite nifty actually.

so I'm keeping my eye on this topic so I know when/where all this is going down!! :cyclopsani: 8O

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 5:17 pm

So we're meeting at the Marq*E, right? Is it Saturday or Sunday?

Wherever we decide to go, I can make it, if it's this weekend. I don't leave until Friday the 22nd.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Last edited by Tim_Tex on 12 Aug 2008, 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

stephaniecatherine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Aug 2008, 5:18 pm

adverb wrote:
aguales wrote:

that'll work. but i'd prefer the new proto-superhappyfunland, even if it's in disrepair and full of roaches and snakes with lasers on their heads and pipes shooting random brown water all over. and olivia, i'd totally volunteer there if there's anything that doesn't require special skills involving wires or pipes.

where is this superHappyfunLand?! ...sounds super

i'm not a huge fan of the marq*e but it really isn't all that crowded anymore these days.

edit- oh yeah...i was wondering how many of you have already met?? if any :)

thanks!

adverb
Toucan
Toucan

12 Aug 2008, 5:47 pm

edit- oh yeah...i was wondering how many of you have already met?? if any :)

i've only met ana54, but looking forward to meeting everyone else. hope you come!

WaxDeejay
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Aug 2008, 8:12 pm

I work Saturday but am free after 6pm.

If I had enough notice I might be able to slide out of work for a couple hours around noon or so. But I'd need to know by Thursday afternoon so I could find somone to cover for me.

Jeffrey

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 8:22 pm

My parents want to take me shopping for last-minute stuff for my new apartment at school on Saturday, but I don't want to be anywhere near a store, with it being tax-free weekend and all.

But if you all are wanting to meet on Saturday, I would rather be doing that.

adverb
Toucan
Toucan

12 Aug 2008, 9:16 pm

ooh, the absolute best place for apartment stuff is ikea. we could all meet there, help you (n the p n m) pimp your pad, and then head over to the marq*e which is right by there. : )
just a thought...

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 9:24 pm

I like Ikea as well.