Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 10:32 pm

Corydaman93 wrote:
So people can still look at it.

Put it on your profile, and find a way to mention it in as many other posts as you can. If this thread was meant to die, let it die, but make your purpose live on elsewhere.

Corydaman93
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Mar 2009, 9:37 pm

I can do what I want, okay.

http://www.myviewonautismessay.webs.com

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2009, 11:05 pm

Corydaman93 wrote:

I don't think Padium was trying to give you a hard time. Putting it on your profile is a good idea.

The thing is, when people keep bumping their own threads, it tends to make others go, "Why does this person think he's so special that he needs his thread to be up at the top all the time"? KWIM?

Every time you post something new, there will be people who click on your profile to learn more about you, so people will continue to see it.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2009, 11:11 pm

Corydaman93 wrote:

What I meant was do something liek add the site in your signature, or something like that. To keep bumping something that is dead is pointless, it will atract people to look at it, but they won't reply, they will be looking to see what changed. Unless you have something new to add, it really isn't worth posting, and I don't mean that to be in any way offensive, I just mean to say you should find another way to keep this thing alive, and not by using somethingthat could be labelled as spamming. Unless i is of high importance, it is not worth bumping. Will your life be put into some kind of danger if you don't get a reply on this threa? I would think not. You went over a weeek before putting in another reply to it, I think you can go a lot longer than just that. And don't take this as me attacking you, because that is not what I am tryong to do.

And as for the "I can do what I want..." yes you can o what you want, but there are consequences for everything. The guy that decides he needs to get across the streeet faster to save a few seconds takes the risk that he could get hit by a bus. Just as the one who writes a reply to a thread accepts that he may be taken wrong in his responses, or not have any repsonses. Every action has consequences, and we as people need to accept these consequences, and learn to deal with them appropriatly, and that is hard, and I am still working on that myself.