How do you get rid of a monotonous voice?

Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

NicksQuestions
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Jul 2009, 4:02 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
NicksQuestions wrote:
My voice doesn't have good fluctuation. Are there any good methods? Is there anything they do for those diagnosed with AS/HFA?

Listen to yourself. Record yourself reading stuff.

ruveyn

That could work very well, as long as hearing yourself doesn't daunt you too much. I think it knocked my self-confidence at first, but luckily not too much. It's interesting - I think I actually sound "better" when I'm talking to people than I do when I'm alone and recording my spoken voice. And I've heard a recording of John Lennon when he was trying to record an audio diary as an experiment, and his voice had become very mumbly and monotonous....in the end he said "actually this is really boring" and stopped the tape. And that was somebody with apparently great confidence in his singing voice and his speaking voice in public.

I think that will be something I'll need to work on, making it so it generalizes to the right situations. I heard one of the biggest problems with social skills training is getting the brain to have the skills carry over to other situations.