Is anybody else on AspieCental & WP both?

Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 10:33 am

does anyone know if the 'droopy' on aspies central is the same droopy who was well known for her total hatred of amanda baggs,was well respected by the autism speaks first forum community and john best jr for being pro cure,had a massive beatles music obsession.?
if it is the same droopy,it doesnt make sense because she hated aspies/HFAs due to their association with autism.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

structrix
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 10:44 am

I just joined with the same user name, thanks.

:D

I am an Aspie!
Diagnosed as an adult

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 Jul 2014, 11:04 am

I'll probably check it out some time too, it's unfortunate that this site has fallen to such ill repair that people are leaving. I've been here a long time, figures that once I actually start leaning more on the support part of the site that everything goes to poop.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

28 Jul 2014, 11:04 am

Just joined! My SN is a modified form of my name here; FromEquestria2LA.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 1:24 pm

Jacoby wrote:
I'll probably check it out some time too, it's unfortunate that this site has fallen to such ill repair that people are leaving. I've been here a long time, figures that once I actually start leaning more on the support part of the site that everything goes to poop.

we have had people leave in packs before but it doesnt really do to much damage,theres always others ready to join and make up the numbers,but once people see the amount of errors going on its going to be hard to hold on to them when theres stable modern/updated sites like AC around.

am staying with WP but do like the aspie central site and will be staying with it as well,have just bought a VIP account thanks to dads paypal.
woud have bought a donators account here but theres no point when nothing is done with the money thats given already.

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 2:04 pm

I am still using both for now, and I really like a lot of things on WP because it's comfy. I think just fix the bugs and that's all.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 2:29 pm

Again, I think it's valuable to have a variety of groups, even when things are going well with each group. Civil rights groups benefit from this. And also, even if you're not into political activism, network groups and social service groups also benefit from this.

I have also been disappointed with WrongPlanet as of late. Deep breath.

But I have also gotten a lot out of WrongPlanet, and I urge people to take the high road to the extent possible. Yes, let's try and let our leaders know what's working and what's not. At the same time, let's remain open to appreciating all the work they've done over the years.

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 7:12 pm

KingdomOfRats wrote:
does anyone know if the 'droopy' on aspies central is the same droopy who was well known for her total hatred of amanda baggs,was well respected by the autism speaks first forum community and john best jr for being pro cure,had a massive beatles music obsession.?
if it is the same droopy,it doesnt make sense because she hated aspies/HFAs due to their association with autism.

I do not think it is. I have been searching for Droopy online and cannot find anything recent on her anywhere.

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 7:18 pm

I was actually getting depressed on here sometimes. I do not feel as comfortable since a certain NT has been making some of our most vulnerable members feel worse about themselves. I still love WP, but I am hoping that spending more time on AC [signed up last week]
will keep me from getting down [there are issues,larger isssues, apart from WP]

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2014, 8:23 am

naturalplastic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I just joined aspie hangout because I like ghost towns :alien:

Cool.

Whats your name there?

I believe mine was "Showman616". Its been a while.

Actually Im still on there as "Radioactor". So give me shout if you see that name there. I dropped in just the other day after a long hiatus.

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2014, 8:44 am

AardvarkGoodSwimmer wrote:

But I have also gotten a lot out of WrongPlanet, and I urge people to take the high road to the extent possible. Yes, let's try and let our leaders know what's working and what's not. At the same time, let's remain open to appreciating all the work they've done over the years.

We should always remember those, like Alex, who built the modern online spectrumite community. AspiesCentral has a different format, different interface, and different moderation policy. Some people like that, some do not, as we see earlier in this thread. I'm not aware of any direct conflict with being on both sites.

I use the same handle on AspiesCentral as I do here.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2014, 10:09 am

vickygleitz wrote:
KingdomOfRats wrote:

I do not think it is. I have been searching for Droopy online and cannot find anything recent on her anywhere.

thanks for replying vicky.
if are still looking for her,she might be on the autism speaks social network type site-that is if they havent trashed yet another community to start again with.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2014, 10:40 am

AgentPalpatine wrote:
AardvarkGoodSwimmer wrote:

We should always remember those, like Alex, who built the modern online spectrumite community. AspiesCentral has a different format, different interface, and different moderation policy. Some people like that, some do not, as we see earlier in this thread. I'm not aware of any direct conflict with being on both sites.

I use the same handle on AspiesCentral as I do here.

One key difference is that they don't have a PPR forum. Depending on your perspective that is either a very good thing or a very bad thing! :lol: Personally I like to get my teeth into a good debate, so I'd miss that forum there. I can only talk about autism related stuff for so long and similarly get bored with light random chatter and find a good (sometimes fierce) debate on topics like science and religion quite stimulating.

Harrison54
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Aug 2014, 8:42 am

Nothing to stop you getting one started there.

I notice the one here hasn't been 'used' since Dec 2013, so it could do with a shake up too :)

Genesis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Aug 2014, 4:14 pm

I tried signing up for AspieCentral and it won't let me post because of an activation code.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2014, 6:54 pm

AspieCentral doesn't have enough new topics and posts.
WP has more RPMs, so I prefer WP.