Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Orangez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Nov 2014, 10:35 pm

As autism, depression and social anxiety might be genetic, I would not wish my children to have the same fate as myself. However, I have a great desire to shape a person and pass down my memes. So, later in life I might try the egg donor and surrogacy route to offset my genetic disadvantages.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 1:17 am

If I were to have a daughter who inherited my personality she would be none other than Venelope Von Shweets!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 5:44 am

I don't plan any relationships, or marriage at all. More so having my own children.
I'm fine with babysitting, and quite enjoy watching them grow... But I won't adopt or have one.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 10:33 am

I have always wanted kids so I have two now. No more for me because of finances and I don't think my stress level will let me handle more. It only took me two tries for a girl. I sometimes I think I love her more than my son but my mom tells me I love them differently and I will love her less when she starts walking or crawling.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 10:07 pm

I would like to adopt a kid. I don't have the time or the money to do that. I also doubt that I could raise a kid by myself.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 10:20 pm

maybe later

TheTigress
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Nov 2014, 12:51 am

SpirosD wrote:
LoveforLoki wrote:
SpirosD wrote:
skibum wrote:
I don't think people have children to satisfy their egos. I have friends who have kids and they really love them and wanted them and were completely devastated when they miscarried the first one. Ten years later they still mourn and miss that child even though they have two more. It's definitely not an ego thing with the people I know who have kids.

Then why do people have kids today? Because thinking they will have a great life and achieve a lot is for the birds! In reality they will live less well than their parents, have a crap life like I described, and we are leaving children a crap world and crap planet. So why so much cruelty bringing a kind in today's world? Parents can love them has much has they can, doesn't change anything. So like I said, it's selfish.

You have to remember that this is only your opinion, your point of view, not everybody sees the world through your eyes.
Maybe others have another point of view, maybe they see life differently than you.

Of course it's only my opinion, but perhaps I see the world the way it really is, just by observing, travelling and reading, and pretty sure most people are actually to scared or refuse to see the reality of the what the world is...

Also, I think society started to go down when the concept of children should be seen and not heard stopped to exist, but that is another debate...

You have summed up my thoughts perfectly in everything you have said in this thread. I'm Childfree and have never had a desire to have kids and this dying world (physically and morally) is only one of the many reasons why I do not want them.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 11:07 am

When I was growing-up, I always LOVED / wanted kids----even, up into my 30s----even had names picked-out----now, NO WAY!! I'm too old (as in, too tired). If I thought about it, I could regret not having children. I'm not that fond of children, really, anymore; but, maybe it's because children, nowadays, are such horrible----HORRIBLE----people!! I mean, come-on.... Is it really that difficult to say "please" and "thankyou", or give-up your seat on the bus, to an elderly person????

Note: I'm making a generalization. I know not ALL kids are like this, but I live in a MAJOR metropolitan area, and the kids here, leave ALOT to be desired!!

I agree with the people who say "children should be seen and not heard" (when in public, for instance)----I also subscribe to "spare the rod, spoil the child"----I also believe that's when society started going down-hill. I understand that thinking is generational; but, I've read several things lately saying that people are starting to go back to that way of thinking. DISCIPLINE, not ABUSE----and, CONSISTANCY is EVERYTHING, IMO.

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 1:39 pm

I want to have children, no matter what the cost. Doing what most ordinary people do, and above all, continuing the family, is something that's very important to me. I've known I wanted children since I was 13, and I haven't changed my mind since. I really hope I do get my wish in the next few years, once I feel I'm ready. I'm just worried that if I try, I'll be less likely to be successful, cause the way I see it, the less you try, the more likely it is to happen.