Page 3 of 8 [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 12:21 pm

soloha wrote:
Can someone please explain the Ferret thing to me? I've seen more than one avatar and sig about ferrets.

I don't completely understand it either. But from what I can tell, it all started somewhere here (give or take a few pages):
http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=181315&start=13080

And continued here:
http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=352128
EDIT: changed the link to start on page 1

Last edited by 248RPA on 09 Aug 2017, 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 12:22 pm

248RPA wrote:
soloha wrote:
Can someone please explain the Ferret thing to me? I've seen more than one avatar and sig about ferrets.

I don't completely understand it either. But from what I can tell, it all started somewhere here (give or take a few pages):

And continued here:
http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=352128&start=195

Shhhhhh it's a secret! :D (joking)

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 12:28 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
248RPA wrote:
soloha wrote:

And continued here:

Oh no! Guess I can't be a Ferreter now. :mrgreen:

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 12:32 pm

248RPA wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
248RPA wrote:
soloha wrote:

And continued here:

Oh no! Guess I can't be a Ferreter now. :mrgreen:

You'll have to ask SaveFerrets :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 12:34 pm

Is there an age limit? Am I too old to be initiated?

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 12:37 pm

soloha wrote:
Bob has half as many pies as Alex. Alex has 99 pies. How many pies does Bob have?

Does this question eff anyone else up? I got SO stuck on it before I smacked myself on the forehead. It's this kind of crap that convinces me my brain just doesn't work like most peoples...

49.5 easy as pie.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 12:38 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Is there an age limit? Am I too old to be initiated?

Nope! :D

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 12:39 pm

248RPA wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
Half of a pie can be had, but what's half of Pi? :)

π/2, or 90 degrees

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 12:39 pm

Pieplup wrote:
soloha wrote:
Bob has half as many pies as Alex. Alex has 99 pies. How many pies does Bob have?

Does this question eff anyone else up? I got SO stuck on it before I smacked myself on the forehead. It's this kind of crap that convinces me my brain just doesn't work like most peoples...

49.5 easy as pie.

Thats my GF answer as well but I think your both wrong :P

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 12:42 pm

148.5?

soloha
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Aug 2017, 12:50 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
Lost_dragon wrote:
soloha wrote:
Lost_dragon wrote:
http://www.stickwithitsugar.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/e9db43ba7048e055bf943e7e52d691be.jpg

How I see the majority of word puzzles. ^

Personally, I wouldn't be able to half this number without a calculator, or at least not without spending half a day messing up on simple calculations first. My brain is really, really bad at maths. It's no wonder I got an E in the subject last time, I just hope I pass this time because I'm sick of redoing maths time and time again. Doesn't help that numbers switch around in my brain too. It just makes me want to have a breakdown. 8O

For me it's more like:

Question asker: If you have 4 pencils and I have 7 apples...
Me: Wait, how many pencils does who have?

Yeah, I can understand that. It's like those questions that are like "If I have a jug, how much liquid can I have?" Well, how big is the jug?

For me it's a bit like:

Ok, so they have 7 pencils and 4 apples... wait no, 4 pencils and 7 apples... or was it pens? And this is in a shop, right so 4 pencils, 7 apples, what was the currency rate again? Ah right, that's it. So I had 4 and 7 of something... wait what was the question again? *Reads part of another question because my brain gets the questions confused* Ah yes, 4 pens... wait no 7 pencils, 4 apples plus a parachute? Wait no...

:D

I know the conversation has gone to being about ferrets now, but I would say what I go through for maths questions is very like what Bart did in the Simpsons (from the episode "Bart the genius").

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jq_9ghf-jI

Sorry, I probably shouldn't have interrupted ferret discussion but I just wanted to add that.

That's ok, the Ferret discussion could be considered an interruption to the Pie discussion. Or you can just call it one naturally flowing Aspie conversation. Squirrel! ;)

I can totally relate to that video when the word problems are verbal. I got asked the Pie question as part of a battery of neuro-psychology tests that involved word problems. I got mad after a few and asked if I could just read them. I was told it was verbal only. I tried my best on all of the questions. I got half of them wrong. I told the guy it was a sh***y way to test my math skills. He told me it wasn't a math test, it was a working memory test :o

soloha
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Aug 2017, 12:53 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
soloha wrote:
Lost_dragon wrote:
http://www.stickwithitsugar.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/e9db43ba7048e055bf943e7e52d691be.jpg

Personally, I wouldn't be able to half this number without a calculator, or at least not without spending half a day messing up on simple calculations first. My brain is really, really bad at maths. It's no wonder I got an E in the subject last time, I just hope I pass this time because I'm sick of redoing maths time and time again. Doesn't help that numbers switch around in my brain too. It just makes me want to have a breakdown. 8O

For me it's more like:

Yeah, I can understand that. It's like those questions that are like "If I have a jug, how much liquid can I have?" Well, how big is the jug?

For me it's a bit like:

Ok, so they have 7 pencils and 4 apples... wait no, 4 pencils and 7 apples... or was it pens? And this is in a shop, right so 4 pencils, 7 apples, what was the currency rate again? Ah right, that's it. So I had 4 and 7 of something... wait what was the question again? *Reads part of another question because my brain gets the questions confused* Ah yes, 4 pens... wait no 7 pencils, 4 apples plus a parachute? Wait no...

exactly!

1Biggles1
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 12:55 pm

Half as many more or less?

As for the Ferret thing.. Think i was the source! 8O

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 12:58 pm

soloha wrote:
Lost_dragon wrote:
Lost_dragon wrote:
soloha wrote:
Lost_dragon wrote:

For me it's more like:

For me it's a bit like:

I know the conversation has gone to being about ferrets now, but I would say what I go through for maths questions is very like what Bart did in the Simpsons (from the episode "Bart the genius").

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jq_9ghf-jI

Sorry, I probably shouldn't have interrupted ferret discussion but I just wanted to add that.

That's ok, the Ferret discussion could be considered an interruption to the Pie discussion. Or you can just call it one naturally flowing Aspie conversation. Squirrel! ;)

I can totally relate to that video when the word problems are verbal. I got asked the Pie question as part of a battery of neuro-psychology tests that involved word problems. I got mad after a few and asked if I could just read them. I was told it was verbal only. I tried my best on all of the questions. I got half of them wrong. I told the guy it was a sh***y way to test my math skills. He told me it wasn't a math test, it was a working memory test :o

Yeah, I've noticed on this site that conversation seems to just flow in every direction. Sometimes I'll click on threads and what's being discussed is completely different to what the original subject was, so then I go through all the pages of the thread trying to understand the progression of it all. I've been on other forums before, and usually the conversations are more focused, so it's like multiple people are discussing the same thing and directly working with the OP, but here it's more like multiple conversations (some unrelated to the topic) are going on at the same time. :D

25. Near the spectrum but not on it.

Last edited by Lost_dragon on 09 Aug 2017, 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

soloha
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Aug 2017, 12:58 pm

1Biggles1 wrote:

Half as many less.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 12:59 pm

1Biggles1 wrote:

Ha don't worry about it Biggles. Every thread that Ferris and I post in ends up turning into a discussion about ferrets :lol: