Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2022, 6:13 pm

I loved to climb on things when I was a child and I was very wilful about it. But at the same time I wasn't fearless. I was just good at climbing. I'd never broken a bone so that proves that I was careful. I did often get stuck up trees though, even if I wasn't too far from the ground I still worried about jumping or climbing down in case I fell and hurt myself.

Some things I wimped out of. Like there were 2 large rocks at the edge of a field that us kids used to play on, and between the rocks there were brambles and stinging nettles that you wouldn't want to fall into. The other kids would jump over the brambles, on to the next rock, but I never did, because I pictured myself not making it over and falling into the brambles. The other kids called me a wimp but they were right, I was a wimp.

Well, I did (still do) have vertigo, which is an inner ear condition that affects balance, so that might have contributed to why I avoided dangerous activities that involved jumping. Also explains why I couldn't go on spinning rides.

I was a thrill-seeker though. I liked to get lost (not on my own, but with a friend or cousin) and I liked sneaking into people's backyards then running away when they came out and shouted at us. That was like an adventure. I miss being a child and doing all those things.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2022, 6:07 am

I was VERY aware of danger. I always wanted both feet on the ground….