Page 222 of 291 [ 4650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225 ... 291  Next

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 6:45 am

When you are playing The Sims and you would love to live inside the game, not because there you can marry and have children, but because the cities are very quiet, pleasant and neat and you can have an alien as your neighbour.

tchek
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Aug 2012, 9:32 am

when you feel relieved when it's raining outside, so you won't feel any guilt for not getting out

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 9:35 am

...when, as a child, you had elaborate fantasies about how one day, a secret organisation will contact you and tell you that actually you are an alien

(yes, I did that)

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 9:49 am

aussiebloke wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:
...you'd rather be raped with a Howitzer than go to a party.

It's called "fun"

What, going to a party or getting violated with said Howitzer? Either don't seem much "fun" in my honest opinion.

qwan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Aug 2012, 10:47 am

CyborgUprising wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:

It's called "fun"

What, going to a party or getting violated with said Howitzer? Either don't seem much "fun" in my honest opinion.

Parties have cake. Cake is good.

Alexthymia: 126/185
Suspected 'Pure O' OCD. (OCI: 64 or 11.6)
And wonderfully facially blind. XD

Ascagne
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Aug 2012, 11:11 am

Quote:
...when, as a child, you had elaborate fantasies about how one day, a secret organisation will contact you and tell you that actually you are an alien

I remember that when I first read Harry Potter (at 10 maybe), I had dreams about receiving a letter from a kind of Hogwarts place for "aliens" like me...

Myself I'm maybe more an "Aspergian-like" than an Aspie (because I've other things too, like "giftedness" and some schizoid traits), so I don't know if that applies really to Aspies in general, but let's say, based on my experiences :

... When you prefer having lunch alone, eating a sandwich, even outside sometimes, while it's winter, because you just can't go to the cafeteria.
... When you know many things if not "all" about the geography, history and culture of cities and countries you have never visited and will probably never visit ; bonus if you could be able to better orientate yourself in these cities than in your own town.
... When you correct people that believed things about you that would be great but are not true. [It recently happened, the girlfriend of one of my oldest friends believed I had been (sub)-eligible at the most competitive examination in my country, and I corrected her while someone else would not have. I had clearly the capacity to win the exam, given my marks during the preparation years, but my body and my brain failed me during the exam (6 hours of exam several days in a row, it's hard).]
... When going to team sports (or in sports) at school was a remake of the Passion of the Christ.
... When the university professors that reviewed your end of master dissertation told you they didn't expect you to do so much research and to write so much, and you could honestly answer that it was a walk in the park. Bonus if you've a bibliography that is longer than the one of the usual PhD thesis.
... When, as you arrive at boarding school, you see that a good bunch of others want so much to be roommates and to have a double chamber, while you're praying all the saints alphabetically so as to receive a solo bedroom.
... When you're so awkward with phonecalls that you even prefer to text your friends.
... When you know that on Wikipedia (if you're an editor), there have been for some years external tools and software that permit to do repetitive tasks much more easily, but you prefer to do them "manually".
... When you've created a database of all your books in your computer, not really for yourself but for your relatives so that they don't offer you books you already own. Bonus if by the way you know exactly all the books you own (I've about a thousand maybe myself), and only use this software because it's funny and can give you information about your collection (prize, weight of your books).
... When you naively think that the people that follow the same lessons as you share the same viewpoint about the fact the field is funny or very cool to study. Bonus if you get looked at a funny way by others when you've naively told them you write in latin for pleasure.
... When you have the same auditory prowess as your dog, and hear exactly at the same time than him when the parents or relatives are coming home, even though you've been watching TV and nobody around you has noticed.
... If you have learnt through films and series many things about socializing or how normal people function.
... The only shops you're interested by 90% of the time are bookstores and technology-related ones.
... If you like very much the city you live in, but would rather walk in it when nobody is out.
... When you don't want to do the exam that check your computer abilities at the university, because it involves stupid questions about things you do by instinct in your idiosyncratic way, not by following the instructions.
... If you're really annoyed by the question "How are you", which is stupid because it's most of the time socially accepted that you've to answer "Fine thank you", even it's not true, in so far as it is mostly politeness and the person that asks you that has no interest whatsoever in your mental and physical state ; which in turn is tricky because when someone isn't well, he often won't tell he is while he would like you to understand he has a problem but you can't understand it because of your social ineptitude... (Hum, what a convoluted sentence !)
... When you get "that kind of stares" when you accidentally reveal that you've extensively read several dictionaries and/or encyclopedias, in the alphabetical order, "just because".
... When you love a game very much, but are much more interested in its level editor than in really playing it, and thus don't mind about cheat codes and that kind of stuff, because what you want to do is to create or to better the game.
... Related : when you've made an important mod or total conversion for a game, and understand that you can't release it on gaming websites because you made it for you, or rather said so that it satisfies you, and that means it is leagues away from the expectations of the usual gamer. [Happened to me with Morrowind, several times.]
... When you have a problem when normal people say "Everyone has done this", and everyone says "of course", because you haven't.
... When you're writing a dissertation where you translate latin, old spanish, old french, Galaico-Portuguese, middle dutch and middle english, and you suddenly remember you don't even really know how to do double laces and have problem with the idea of getting the trash in the street.
... If when you're tired and too much stimulated you think about putting your sunglasses on, even if it's not sunny at all, because you feel protected by them (less problem with eye contact etc.).
... When you're a student in literature and your fellow comrades (who speak better than most, of course) say no one speaks as formally as you do.
... When you were the only one not to laugh in your first philosophy lessons when the teacher told the story of Θαλῆς ὁ Μιλήσιος (Thales) falling into a well.
... When you're anxious about borrowing a book at the library, because that's social interaction. Bonus if you're always thinking about the pros and cons of working in the library or borrowing the books so as to go work at home, because you feel there is social interaction in both cases and don't know what is the most demanding. (Yes, sometimes when I'm tired, the library doesn't seem quiet enough...)
... When you feel very awkward because other people know your name and know you have been in some lessons with them while you can't even remember you've ever seen them.
... When you actually did not get at all before a long time that the boy and the girl that were in the room you've entered and staid in for some time were about to kiss and wanted privacy. (Happened to me during a kind of high school trip but with people from other high schools. I felt very awkward when I understood I had been quite evil by staying there, but I had no clue at all they wanted intimacy. It's maybe my most oblivious moment. It is also explainable because I'm quite asexual and kind of aromantic.).
... When you're not tired by the lessons at university, but by the ride by tramway to go to the university, by the number of people you cross, etc.
... When you've gone only two times to a kind-of-party (not a real party), and they were some of the most boring moments of your life.
... When you hid yourself, locked the door and made no noise when your comrades raided the dorms, searching if there was not some students that didn't know about the integration party (sorry, I don't know if it's the real word), because even the less rude integration party would be hazing and hell for you. [I actually hid myself and I think I was right to do it. They did nothing really bad, but stuff that would have bored me so much and that would have been really awkward, so...]

Last ones :
... When you've actually begun to write a mock-heroic epic poem, in alexandrine verses, where appear H. R. Giger, Jupiter, Schrodinger's cat, politics, a parody of Paradise Lost, dinosaurs, the Doctor from DW, youself, Walter Bishop, among many other things. Even though you know probably no one will ever read it.
... When you've really read attentively all this message. (I'm always surprised when I see that people find posts are too long while they're maybe a page-long. I've just sent an email to a friend, and she tells me I've written a novel...)
... When you didn't understand instinctively the laughs in the first episode of the Big Bang Theory when Sheldon speaks about his spot, and said "But it's pretty normal"... before understanding.

Quote:
... you're moving away from a place where you've felt like crap for a whole year, but you're still feeling anxious about the change.

So true. I bet someone "normal" would not understand this. It makes me remember about when I began my second year at the dorms of my preparatory school : nearly everyone changed rooms to be nearer to the room of their friends or in another floor, while I managed to keep the bedroom of the precedent year even though it was at the 3rd floor... It would have been too much change. I hated the room, but I would also have hated any other room there, actually.

Quote:
... you feel the urge to re-organize your bookshelves (again), but this time you want to get stickers and set up a dewey decimal-like system...

I've always been interested by library classifications, even though I would not re-organize my library that way (I gather my books by collections, so that it can be aesthetically pleasing to see the result).

Quote:
... you've invented your own language, but don't know anyone that you'd want to teach it to.

When I was little, I actually tried to learn some sentences of my language to my sisters ! Limited results, but at least we all use some words invented by me when we're together.

Edit : See the size of this post. I'm truly mental. :jester: :mrgreen:

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 11:57 am

You might be an aspie if, when seated in a comfortable position, you put your arm on top of your head.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 12:22 pm

.....you wish you could invent a reincarnation machine, where you can kill yourself then get someone to put you in it and lets you choose whoever you want to be who is alive already - just so you can become the female bus-driver who happens to be the wife of a male bus-driver who you really fancy. Then you'll be glad to live in your dream job with your dream man. Bonus points if other people go, ''is that all you want to be???''

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 12:27 pm

qwan wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:

It's called "fun"

One can simply bake their own cake or purchase one instead of having to endure loud people. Oh, and don't forget: The cake is a lie...

nrau
Toucan
Toucan

02 Aug 2012, 12:36 pm

CyborgUprising wrote:
qwan wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:

It's called "fun"

One can simply bake their own cake or purchase one instead of having to endure loud people. Oh, and don't forget: The cake is a lie...

baking and purchasing
both cost

party cake, on the other hand, is free
I think it's very boss-like to go to the party, preferably with a huge bag, grab as much cake as you can and then go home

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 12:54 pm

nrau wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:
qwan wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:

It's called "fun"

baking and purchasing
both cost

I think it's very boss-like to go to the party, preferably with a huge bag, grab as much cake as you can and then go home

Most of the time party cake costs too. You are usually bound by tradition to purchase a gift for someone. Otherwise, you will find party cake to be suddenly becoming rather scarce, if you know what I mean...

qwan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Aug 2012, 12:57 pm

CyborgUprising wrote:
qwan wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:

It's called "fun"

I can't really cook anything. I burnt a boiled egg.
So I raid parties for their cake. I don't care if it's a lie as long as I get to om nom it I'm happy. Om nomming lies has never felt so good!

Alexthymia: 126/185
Suspected 'Pure O' OCD. (OCI: 64 or 11.6)
And wonderfully facially blind. XD

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 7:14 pm

isometry wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:
You wonder who the untouched aspie woman are and wonder if they'd like to share a curiosity with you they don't have to be particulary good looking (6-7) and remember guys our 7 is probably a 3-4 by NT standards :wink: back in the day I was ridiculed when I said Rikki Lake was "cute" even as a fatso (she's looking really good these days) but I'm being silly I wouldn't want to share a curiosity with any one even with you, as they say "curiosity killed the cat" :P

You might be an aspie if you prefer chubby girls.

You could be on to something their all the NT sterotypes I've met in my time think these type of women are dogs .woof woof. :)

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 7:36 pm

nrau wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:
qwan wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:

It's called "fun"

baking and purchasing
both cost

think it's very boss-like to go to the party , preferably with a huge bag, grab as much cake as you can and then go home[/quote

Who are you Geroge Coztanza? :wink:

He was right all along when he wanted to bring Pepsi to the party :D

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 8:35 am

....you don't like it when people are unwell and have the day off work when you're home, because then you can't pace around the house ranting loudly to yourself about life (can't do that when there's somebody home, they will soon come rushing out asking who the hell I'm yelling to, and then they'll be freaked out when they see that it's nobody).

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 8:45 am

CyborgUprising wrote:
...you point out the professor's mistakes before anyone else notices them (if they even notice at all).

I once did this and got told I was wrong. I then was given an apology because I was right.