Page 224 of 291 [ 4650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227 ... 291  Next

Somberlain
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Aug 2012, 7:51 pm

If you know all of the country flags.
If you have difficulties in understanding metaphorical song lyrics.
If you are disturbed by the look of the girl in the picture of ''How to Flirt and Get a Date! - Autism Talk TV 20''.

English is not my native language. 1000th edit, here I come.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 12:11 pm

....you get upset or annoyed when somebody else tells you a fact about your special interest what you didn't know about (yet)

tchek
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Aug 2012, 5:40 pm

Somberlain wrote:

If you are disturbed by the look of the girl in the picture of ''How to Flirt and Get a Date! - Autism Talk TV 20''.

She looks like she is thinking "oh no not that creep again" to me

elysian1969
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Aug 2012, 7:01 pm

codeman38 wrote:
You know you're an Aspie if you want to scream at anyone who posts in this thread thinking that 'your' is the proper contraction for 'you are'... :P

That one drives me so nuts!! !

You also know you're an Aspie when "driving excitement" means finally getting your Toyota Yaris into fifth gear on the freeway.

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 7:54 pm

MiatheMutant wrote:
You might be an Aspie if you have your own custom radio station playing in your head 24/7/365.25.

Happens to me all the time. One song will remind me of another, and it goes on all day. It's the rare morning that I don't wake up with a song in my head already. One day I tried to get "Pretty Woman" by Roy Orbison out of my head by listening to the radio, only to have the song come on within about five minutes. Hmm....I guess that's my fault because I should have chosen another station rather than oldies.

MEDrake
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Aug 2012, 11:38 pm

I have my own personal radio station too, but i write most of the music

You might be an aspie if...

Someone asks you to walk their dog and you ask them if it requires the dog be attached to you in any way.

Same person asks you if you cleaned up the dog's mess and you inform them the dog has more than once displayed the capability of licking his own butt.

You think the only thing ironic about the Alanis Morisette song is the bloody name.

You've seriously contemplated the pros and cons of mounting a rocket launcher to your car.

The first thing you do when you get a new book is read all the publishing information.

You hate Hemmingway but can't stop reading him anyway.

You've ever read a book at a party.

You've read an entire novel in the bookstore while waiting for someone to finish shopping.

All your friends think their names are "It's pronounced..."

You've ever given a friend a list of synonyms so you don't have to hear the word "phenomenal" one million more times.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 1:37 am

When you have a meltdown and feel guilty about it afterwards and the guilt lingers for long periods of time and it takes a long time for you to forgive yourself! :(

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Bubbles137
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 2:12 am

Your social life consists of taking people running (my current obsession), doing jobs for people and babysitting, and you're totally happy with that :)

GreenShadow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Aug 2012, 9:38 am

Quote:
You've ever read a book at a party.

You've read an entire novel in the bookstore while waiting for someone to finish shopping.

ooo, it's all about me :D

Khandov
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Aug 2012, 10:15 am

If you are a walking encyclopedia on X subject
If when you were 6 and wached a comedy film, you would never laugh, even though you would laugh oud dead, at the same movie 10 years later.
If you would feel yourself safe in traffic only when driving M1 Abrams
If you lose a hand and the first one to find out about it is your friend. ;)

Last edited by Khandov on 13 Aug 2012, 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

11 Aug 2012, 10:44 am

Here is my recent aspie moment

I was at my brother's house and he was hanging out with his friends telling me about going on a fishing trip in which one of the girls insisted that it would be catch and release only. I asked why and he said "She is Peta" a little confused, I asked is that peta as the animal rights group or P.I.T.A. which stands for pain in the @ss?

The whole room stopped, you could hear a pin drop, everyone looked at each other like I commited a carnal sin, then my brother smiled and said, "both"

Also you know you're an aspie when required to go to a church christmas party, you go find the cook to talk to because he/she is a captive audience, everyone else walks away when you start talking or doesnt even recogize you said something.

Jojo

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 8:23 pm

...When someone mentions Grey's Anatomy and you instantly assume they are talking about the book and not the show.
...You habitually make lists of everything.
...You prefer to spend your days holed up in your room, translating documents in various languages.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 8:39 pm

You come here to be ignored .

Last edited by aussiebloke on 12 Aug 2012, 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 8:45 pm

You might be an aspie if people are over at your place for your birthday, and you're on the computer most of the evening looking up info about tug boats!

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

DrPenguin
Toucan
Toucan

12 Aug 2012, 9:04 pm

You might be an aspie if you go to a 2 day microbiology conference and the other scientists think your a little too obsessed with microbiology.

Your Aspie score: 139 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 68 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

rebbieh
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 12:20 am

... your biggest wish when you were young was to get a microscope for Christmas while other girls your age wished for things like barbies and/or pink and sparkly things.