Page 24 of 38 [ 604 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 38  Next

LaetiBlabla
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2018, 2:48 pm

When dictionaries are your favorite books

Anthracite_Impreza
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Apr 2018, 6:18 pm

You see the driveshaft spinning on a lorry and almost have a heart attack because it's so exciting you can't cope xD

You're covered in paper dust every day from your stimming with rolls of card :|

You know the colour and coat-type genetics of dogs better than the street names on your estate :roll:

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2018, 6:23 pm

...when you go to the doctor about a health concern, you're more afraid that they won't find anything wrong than that they will (because you're afraid of coming off as attention-seeking or something). (Okay, that may or may not be related to autism, but it's certainly not normal :lol: )

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2018, 6:41 pm

You see an ambulance or police car coming along with blue flashing lights, and it's impossible to think of anything other than anticipating whether or not it's siren will sound any second and the few seconds it takes for it to pass you feels like an eternity because your mouth is going dry and your heart is beating rapidly as you're thinking "please just pass without sounding your loud siren!" And if the driver does switch the siren on as it passes you, you jump 6 feet in the air and almost gag in a startled shock.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2018, 5:51 am

You wouldn't care if you died tomorrow , in fact you would welcome it . though your to cowardly to suicide . You think the people who want to live to 100 + are morons or are mentally unstable

Lorrent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Apr 2018, 6:55 am

When a squeaky train passes next to you in the morning, and you are literally dying, while no one else seems to care about the noise.

RAADS-R: 134

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2018, 8:06 am

When you realize you've eaten the same thing for lunch everyday for the last couple of months.

And they're out of it today. And you're totally stressed out over what to eat now or just skip lunch.

Overload in progress....

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2018, 8:10 am

Greentea wrote:
...you think you're doing great socially at a job at last, when your boss calls you in to tell you everyone has complained about you and finds you repellent.

:lol:

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2018, 8:45 am

You know all of the biographical details of your favorite sports stars and your favorite sport is not one of the popular ones. (In my case, tennis). Also, you want to write the biography of a lesser-known tennis player, not one of the big name stars. (In my case, Denis Istomin).

Lorrent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Apr 2018, 9:34 am

The feeling that you have to choose from many different foods in your supermarket, and you don‘t know which one you want.

RAADS-R: 134

madcats1967

26 Apr 2018, 10:40 am

... uh ... when a heap of psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists, ... write a report of 5 pages that says : she's autistic. Then I knew.

Zachwashere
Raven
Raven

26 Apr 2018, 11:34 am

You know your Autistic when you have created more folders on your computer to organize your documents than you have actual documents.

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2018, 11:34 am

When you lay in bed all night awake thinking I must write something for this thread.

When you walk in a room full of people and within 10 minutes you want to leave simply because you find them boring and they have invaded your personal space so you find the nearest empty room and hang around in there.

When Wikipedia is not enough when it comes to information about your obsessional interests.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2018, 12:42 pm

Everyone fears you, hates you, and thinks you're a mass murderer. :(

capa
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2018, 3:07 pm

When being social is like flexing a muscle and you need time to rest otherwise you're overwhlemed and burn out.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2018, 3:31 pm

...you're not particularly worried about potentially having MS because you already have to apply to multiple places a day for an average of six months or so to even get a low-paying 15-hour-a-week job, so you already didn't know if you'd be able to support yourself or live on your own, or if you'd end up always being dependent on others - in other words, MS probably wouldn't keep you from doing much that you were certain you'd get to do anyway.

...you're still perseverating on it anyway, and just want to know for sure one way or the other (I have an MRI on Monday, and am having a really hard time waiting).

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"