Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 2:57 pm

Pistonhead wrote:
They don't even appeal to male customers! They are stupid, half of them are whiny, none of them are under 30, none of them would look good in or out of uniform.

*shrug* That's just the assumption. It's probably based on faulty polling/research.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 5:03 pm

Pistonhead wrote:
In a short term survival situation only a hunter-gatherer is needed.

In other words, we need people to get food. Females are capable of getting food with or without males. I do not know of any females of any species that are 100% reliant on males for food. I fail to see the relevance of your comment.

Quote:
In a long term species survival situation both are needed.

"Both" what?

Quote:
So I therefore proclaim man superior.

You can claim zebras have polka-dots, but I'm far less concerned about what people "claim" then what they can support with logic and evidence. "Superior" is a subjective value judgement that doesn't have any applicability outside of your personal preferences. Just because you value physical strength over any other human attribute does not make your personal preference objective fact.

--XFG

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 10:30 pm

I don't think I am...

Well... Sometimes I think I am a bit sexist towards males. I can't really open up to males or relate to most, so I tend to disregard them.
I don't know if that makes me sexist or just odd? :?

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 10:34 pm

Normal. Males are very bad at being sympathetic. They'll likely give you advice like drink or f**k when a girl would tell you it's okay here's a hug blah blah blah.

Jpeg
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Aug 2010, 11:16 pm

I wasn't, I treated both genders equally, but then discovered that equal treatment is not the way you are 'supposed' to behave. Everyone is against sexism/racism/whatever but at the same time want to maintain a gender/racial identity and therefore be different, maybe it's not superiority in any way but if they don't want perfect equality. Not that I don't understand why they do it, but what they really want is partial equality (economic/social/political equality), and resist complete equality.

Maybe I'm missing something or am looking too mathematically at human issues but how does equal mean different and only equal in whatever ways we (the historically less powerful) choose to be?

takemitsu
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 11:26 pm

When they say equal, they mean equal in as far as rights and not being disenfranchised because of sex. The job place is easiest way to see it. Our equality stops there.