Page 4 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Do you have problems with taking a shower?
Definitely yes (it is a challenge for me) 26%  26%  [ 23 ]
Rather yes 16%  16%  [ 14 ]
Rather no 25%  25%  [ 22 ]
Definitely no 33%  33%  [ 29 ]
Total votes : 88

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2018, 9:22 pm

Getting appropiate temperature of water can be quite hard in my bathroom.

I do not want to deprave anyone by writing below:
I did not changed underwear since more than a week and now I smell odor of unwashed body, which is specific, but not very unpleasant for me (maybe even pleasant for me in some way). It can be disgusting :?

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2018, 11:53 pm

Today, I thought it would be a good idea to have my shower to help warm up after a cold walk. It was uncomfortably hot on my skin, and my core temperature just barely caught up. Other days, I have gone far too long/hot, and wound up sweating profusely after the shower.
As a cyclist, I often sweat, but wouldn't get stinky for a day or so provided I avoided polyester, anger, and meat.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 2:18 pm

I did not take a shower since above two months (about 63 days).
I even do not feel the need of taking it.

I had a job which required no longer and nearer contact with people last months.

RVFlowers
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Jan 2019, 2:29 pm

nca14 wrote:
I did not take a shower since above two months (about 63 days).
I even do not feel the need of taking it.

I had a job which required no longer and nearer contact with people last months.

If you, and your environment, are not uneasy with it, why not.

If you do need daily contact with other people, it can help if you get a thermostat faucet installed in your shower.
Also, have a loose shower head that you can hold in your hand while the temperature adjusts. Stick a large (baby) bath thermometer to the wall and aim the shower at it untill you see it indicates your favorite warmth.

Again, that is only needed if your current lifestyle doesn't work anymore.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 2:35 pm

I have to wash my face twice a week or my eyes sting even from the humidity in bed. I recently bought a Water-Pik shower head with a button to reduce the flow drastically to save water while soaping up, etc. I find that I get chilled if I use it, at least until the humidity in the bathroom is 100%.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 4:12 pm

No real problem with showers, but a particular love for hot baths. If they weren't such a nightmare to maintain hygenically, I'd find a way squeeze a jacuzzi into my little bathroom.

brightonpete
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2019, 9:12 pm

I don't mind showers. I take one once a week or so. Between showers I wash up at the bathroom sink a bit.

I cannot stand baths. Sitting in a tub of water that get progressively colder and dirtier is not for me. I have to wash the dirt down an open drain instead. I might be able to take a Japanese style bath, but probably only after taking a shower. I was given a bath bomb over a year ago, but have yet to use it.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 1:39 am

nca14 wrote:
49 days (7 weeks) without a shower. My new record. I may dislike shower also due to contamination obsessions - I am afraid of wiping legs and intimate body parts by towel because it would become "dirty" after that.

You can use more than one towel or washcloth. I have one for my feet and butt only and another one for the rest of my body.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2020, 4:36 pm

If I use soap or shampoo for entire body, even genitals and region of buttock (with exception of places more close to anus) are for me so clean after "serious" washing that I can use one towel to wipe them and many other parts of the body, like face and hands.

Last times I did not get shower for 70 days (above two months). One shower was 1.2.2020 and next was after midnight from 11.04.2020 to 12.04.2020. The worst was after the shower, when I went out from the shower cublicle (in which there was pretty warm) because outside it was singinificantly cooler and it was upleasant.