Page 5 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2019, 8:16 am

Dan_Undiagnosed wrote:
Even if I'm not on the spectrum some of the things that kind of offended me on behalf of autistic people were notions she shared that I have too much imagination to be autistic and, even more shockingly, she narrowed in on something my mother told her about me being in my earl 20s helping my older sister with her baby. On one specific occasion I walked around carrying her for a couple of hours while she cried (giving my sister a break) after breast feeding because she had colic. She explained that this showed a lot of care and consideration for others whereas autistic people can be more self focused or something :|

This will be key to my diagnosis, or not. I am very caring (too caring) - and yet not caring (I depend on NT husband to have coats and water bottles). That said, I don't like babies (not even my own, but I do what I need to - similar to what you wrote). Your quote made me think of my likely Aspie BFF whom at age nine carried her baby brother around constantly. Which reminds me of my likely Aspie daughter who likes to carry around her guinea pig (everywhere!). My diagnosed Aspie niece takes her pets with her everywhere. I carry around my NT husband.

Two thumbs up for your moving forward with developing skills and/or treatments!