Page 5 of 10 [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Bart21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2007, 6:43 am

What are FDA and kool-aide ?
I tend to be kind of individualistic.
I don't believe the newspaper as they tend to be opinionated.
Tv shows are rarely realistic because they are forced to be PC.
When it comes to clothes i only sporadicly follow fashions.
I buy the clothes i like, but don't buy them every month like most people.

I tend to not listen to alot of popular music.
I prefer music that is different and has a real message in it.
The lyrics of popular music just seem boring.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2007, 7:01 am

Bart21 wrote:
What are FDA and kool-aide ?

FDA = Food and Drug Administration - the supposed watchdog to keep the masses safe from toxins in food and drugs. Was once unbiased to a certain degree - now in cahoots with mega-food and pharmaceutical corps - working hand in hand.

Kool - Aid - a drink composed of food colorings, flavorings and sugar - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kool-Aid

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2007, 4:02 pm

Macbeth wrote:
Seem to have got LadyMacbeth and my posts a bit mixed together there old boy. Not to worry, you're still completely wrong.. its the WIZARDS causing it all. Dur.

Sheepo Confusio!! ! *cue music*

If you don't own your woman's thoughts then you are a sheeple. :P :wink:

And actually it's dragons that are causing it. Dragons ate all of the wizards several hundred years ago. Since then the dragons have been using their mind control powers to disguise themselves as our political leaders so that they can harvest us for food.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

21 Oct 2007, 4:12 pm

jjstar wrote:
Do you believe everything you're told? no
Did you drink Kool-Aide when you were a child? yes
Do you live your life vicariously through TV shows? no
Do you believe what the FDA tells you? no
Do you follow authority figures blindly? not any more
Do you read newspapers? no
Do you believe in Democracy? yes
Do you put your faith in doctors? yes
Do you follow fashion? no
Do you *follow the crowd* because it seems right even if it feels wrong? no
Do you hum commercial tunes? no
Do you buy cheap food because it's on sale, even though it's unhealthy? yes
Do you believe that innoculations are a great necessity? i dont understand the question
Do you listen to *pop* music? no

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2007, 4:18 pm

Urban Dictionary is a slang dictionary with your definitions.

Sheeple

People unable to think for themselves. Followers. Lemmings. Those with no cognitive ablilities of their own.

All the teens were wearing bell-bottoms because they were sheeple.

by Naegling Oct 2, 2003
2. sheeple

A individual that forfits their right to choose in favor of inclusion in groupthink and what is viewed as popular or elete group. Allowing the influences of different forms of media and group members to hold great sway in the formation of attitudes, behavoir and opinion.
To accept the group mentaility and opinion as fact without examination.
Not only to be told what to do, but accepting the paradigm of thought as absolute thereby removing the weight of personal responsibility in the making of decisions.

In 2003 American President Bush states that the need to invade Iraq is imperative because it it was a supporter of islamic terrorism and developer of Weapons of Mass Destruction that would threaten the United States.

Although no evidence was given in support of such statements the american sheeple supported the war despite evidence to the contrary.
by candyflip Jan 27, 2004
3. Sheeple

The hoi polloi. Those who follow triends blindly. Portmanteau of "sheep" and "people", derived as sheep follow their flock and shepherd seemingly mindlessly.

The sheeple cheered as Britney Spears' replacement girl-group singer came onto the stage after hearing she was featured in Teen magazine.
by ke6isf Nov 2, 2003

4. sheeple

The compression of two words, sheep and people, to form one word meaning a mass of ignorant, unoriginal humans that herd together and follow mindlessly.

The sheeple, who fully relate to the president's sheer mundanity and ret*d mentality, mill in a sort of vacuous excitability outside the White House, hoping to catch a glimpse of their hero.
by groundless Sep 11, 2003 email it
5. Sheeple

People who have no mind or free will of their own and go with the flow.

Hollywood is full of midless sheeple.
tags sheep-le sheep people mindless band wagon dumb
by Aaron Lojewski Fairbanks, Alaska Aug 2, 2006
6. sheeple

plural of: a person who follows trends mindlessly, see also towniepikeytrendy. Originates from 'sheep'- a dumb animal that follows all the other sheep around.

"Look at all the sheeple wearing exactly the same clothes"
by JimmyK Sep 12, 2003
7. sheeple

sheep people: those who follow like a sheep every trend and fad.

My!!, this whole mundo-trasho world is full of trashisocrats,steerage-cl ass and sheeple who only need the 'baah,baah' sound effest effect to complete the task!
by hytham_hammer Amman,Jordan Aug 1, 2005

Urban Dictionary is not appropriate for all audiences. ©1999-2007.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2007, 7:01 pm

jjstar wrote:
Just a head's up to all those who replied at length - if you have a specific question or can narrow it down to a shorter version I can reply - otherwise - just know i skim through and that's about it.

Also - I don't reply to those fishing for some kind of reaction by posting personal ad hominem BS. Never did and never will. Like my grandpappy used to say - say it nicely or go waste someone else's time and energy.

I loved my grandpappy.

So you cant set your own bones then?

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2007, 9:59 pm

Macbeth wrote:
jjstar wrote:
Just a head's up to all those who replied at length - if you have a specific question or can narrow it down to a shorter version I can reply - otherwise - just know i skim through and that's about it.

Also - I don't reply to those fishing for some kind of reaction by posting personal ad hominem BS. Never did and never will. Like my grandpappy used to say - say it nicely or go waste someone else's time and energy.

I loved my grandpappy.

He doesn't need to. Clean living, chi massage, and the power of crystals will see him through. Clearly. Just as long as those gosh-darned doctors with their gol-danged medical knowledge don't try to interfere.

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2007, 12:51 am

jjstar wrote:
siuan wrote:
jjstar wrote:
Do you believe that innoculations are a great necessity?

If you answered YES to more than 9 of these questions - you are a sheeple. Baaah Baaah black sheep, have you been fooled? Yessir, yessir a whole lifetime through.

Yes, I believe in routine vaccinations, and anyone who knows their history and has an ounce of sense will realize this is based on solid facts. Do you know what infant and child mortality rates were before routine immunizations?!? Staggering! We live in an age where we have few serious diseases to worry about, we have it very good. We're extremely fortunate.

And what is this "sheeple" stuff? Aside from categorizing and labeling and name-calling, that is.

Indeed. Fortunate.
U.S. has second worst newborn death rate in modern world, report says -
http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/parentin ... index.html

Your statistics on newborn death rates currently in the US have no bearing on the statistics I was discussing about death rates today, since vaccines versus death rates prior to vaccines. Your statistics were discussing infant mortality rates in the US, now, versus those in other countries. Thus your argument makes no sense.

As for the vaccine based disease, you're posting about a very isolated event, also in another country mind, which may have little to no significance in the USA. Also, very rare wherever it would happen. The diseases we're being innoculated against were not rare, and were killing millions, as a general rule.

Your arguments are based on hysteria, not on logic, fact or accurate statistics. If you're going to argue with science and medicine, you're going to need a proverbial leg to stand on. You don't have it.

Offer me some reasonable, accurate statistics based on fact showing me that vaccines do more harm than good, or that the infant mortality rate has not been vastly improved, and perhaps I will give your claim a bit of my attention. Until then, it's meaningless, and nothing more than one opinion from a very misguided perception. All things have risks, including vaccines. Yes, some are pretty scary risks. Polio, Smallpox, Diptheria, Measles...those all scare me more.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2007, 6:30 am

LostInSpace wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
jjstar wrote:

I loved my grandpappy.

He doesn't need to. Clean living, chi massage, and the power of crystals will see him through. Clearly. Just as long as those gosh-darned doctors with their gol-danged medical knowledge don't try to interfere.

Wish I'd known that when my housemate fell off a roof and shattered his ankle in 28 places. Months in plaster, X rays, painkillers, all that malarkey, could have been avoided if only he had found some magic pebbles and not been so fond of takeout food!

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2007, 8:36 am

siuan wrote:
jjstar wrote:
siuan wrote:
jjstar wrote:
Do you believe that innoculations are a great necessity?

If you answered YES to more than 9 of these questions - you are a sheeple. Baaah Baaah black sheep, have you been fooled? Yessir, yessir a whole lifetime through.

Yes, I believe in routine vaccinations, and anyone who knows their history and has an ounce of sense will realize this is based on solid facts. Do you know what infant and child mortality rates were before routine immunizations?!? Staggering! We live in an age where we have few serious diseases to worry about, we have it very good. We're extremely fortunate.

And what is this "sheeple" stuff? Aside from categorizing and labeling and name-calling, that is.

Indeed. Fortunate.
U.S. has second worst newborn death rate in modern world, report says -
http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/parentin ... index.html

Your statistics on newborn death rates currently in the US have no bearing on the statistics I was discussing about death rates today, since vaccines versus death rates prior to vaccines. Your statistics were discussing infant mortality rates in the US, now, versus those in other countries. Thus your argument makes no sense.

As for the vaccine based disease, you're posting about a very isolated event, also in another country mind, which may have little to no significance in the USA. Also, very rare wherever it would happen. The diseases we're being innoculated against were not rare, and were killing millions, as a general rule.

Your arguments are based on hysteria, not on logic, fact or accurate statistics. If you're going to argue with science and medicine, you're going to need a proverbial leg to stand on. You don't have it.

Offer me some reasonable, accurate statistics based on fact showing me that vaccines do more harm than good, or that the infant mortality rate has not been vastly improved, and perhaps I will give your claim a bit of my attention. Until then, it's meaningless, and nothing more than one opinion from a very misguided perception. All things have risks, including vaccines. Yes, some are pretty scary risks. Polio, Smallpox, Diptheria, Measles...those all scare me more.

Fetuses die en-vitro due to toxic poisoning of the mother via ingestion of lethal substances, intentionally or not, babies die of illness, defects, acts of violence and neglect - what is your point? That no one provided you with the stats that match yours? Ever hear of google - tyoe *infant mortality, US figures, in NEWS OR WEB and find your answers. You don't need me for this.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2007, 8:38 am

Macbeth wrote:
LostInSpace wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
jjstar wrote:

I loved my grandpappy.

Wish I'd known that when my housemate fell off a roof and shattered his ankle in 28 places. Months in plaster, X rays, painkillers, all that malarkey, could have been avoided if only he had found some magic pebbles and not been so fond of takeout food!

What is your point? Did you have one other than being sarcastic? Eh. I think not. Adios.

Goche21
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Oct 2007, 8:50 am

Can you let it go? You're the biggest 'sheeple' around here. You blindly follow the 'information' you gather without looking at other sources. You don't listen to other points of view. You can't take the slightest hint of retaliation.

People like you are the ones with mob mentality. People like you are the ones who fall for the same propaganda over and over again because you are completely incapable of thinking as an individual.

Is the government perfect? No. Is modern medicine foolproof? No. Are there coverups? Of course. But this is the best we've got. We can't allow anarchy, homeopathic remidies don't work half the time, and people are curropt and by nature will cover mistakes. It's true, but it doesn't mean the government is always bad, that medicine is always wrong, or that every document is a scandle. Learn for yourself what is real and what's not.

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2007, 12:29 pm

jjstar wrote:
Fetuses die en-vitro due to toxic poisoning of the mother via ingestion of lethal substances, intentionally or not, babies die of illness, defects, acts of violence and neglect - what is your point? That no one provided you with the stats that match yours? Ever hear of google - tyoe *infant mortality, US figures, in NEWS OR WEB and find your answers. You don't need me for this.

Huh? My point was that routine injections save lives, and the benefits vastly outweigh the risks. I cited infant/child mortality rate from pre-vaccine USA as compared to post-vaccine USA, and there is a substantial difference (to the good). I wasn't looking for someone to post matching stats, that would be a waste of time. I was simply offering statistics to show that there is substantial evidence that vaccinations do more good than harm. But when I try to argue my point, you go off on another tangent that has nothing to do with the point I was making, because you can't argue against solid fact. Now, I enjoy a good debate, but the person who's point I'm debating has got to be coherent and worth debating...yours is not, so I'm done here.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2007, 12:41 pm

Ever hear of projecting *GOCHE21*?
Well, you're doing it now. Head's up. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Goche21 wrote:
Can you let it go? You're the biggest 'sheeple' around here. You blindly follow the 'information' you gather without looking at other sources. You don't listen to other points of view. You can't take the slightest hint of retaliation.

People like you are the ones with mob mentality. People like you are the ones who fall for the same propaganda over and over again because you are completely incapable of thinking as an individual.

Is the government perfect? No. Is modern medicine foolproof? No. Are there coverups? Of course. But this is the best we've got. We can't allow anarchy, homeopathic remidies don't work half the time, and people are curropt and by nature will cover mistakes. It's true, but it doesn't mean the government is always bad, that medicine is always wrong, or that every document is a scandle. Learn for yourself what is real and what's not.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2007, 12:44 pm

It's certainly very irritating and confounding when your words are taken out of the context in which they were intended. I concur. Good luck!

siuan wrote:
jjstar wrote:

Huh? My point was that routine injections save lives, and the benefits vastly outweigh the risks. I cited infant/child mortality rate from pre-vaccine USA as compared to post-vaccine USA, and there is a substantial difference (to the good). I wasn't looking for someone to post matching stats, that would be a waste of time. I was simply offering statistics to show that there is substantial evidence that vaccinations do more good than harm. But when I try to argue my point, you go off on another tangent that has nothing to do with the point I was making, because you can't argue against solid fact. Now, I enjoy a good debate, but the person who's point I'm debating has got to be coherent and worth debating...yours is not, so I'm done here.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2007, 1:27 pm

:roll:

The sorts of people I can't stand are the kinds who call other people 'sheeple' and then expect people to actually listen to anything they say. It's elitist and condescending.