Houstonian WP-members looking to meet up someplace....

Page 5 of 28 [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 28  Next

MADDuck
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 11:07 pm

was it something I said?????

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 11:33 pm

No, I really need to go shopping.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

WaxDeejay
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Aug 2008, 1:37 pm

All,

I missed it today ... had an auction at work and I could not get out in time. Jeremy
was pulling guard duty. It went well, but I missed you guys!

Jeffrey

MADDuck
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2008, 6:13 pm

Well we had a BLAST!! !
we all took pictures, I'll add mine to this thread in a bit.

Sorry you missed the fun.

stephaniecatherine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Aug 2008, 6:14 pm

I'm really glad I came today to meet you all :) It was a lot of fun :bounce:

does anyone else sort of stew in their after thoughts after having had some sort of social interaction? I find myself thinking about everything for awhile...maybe some sort of 'cool down' ..or something? but sometimes it causes more anxiety and then I feel silly.

maybe it's because I'm a real person now 8O

but really, it was fun. i felt waaaay more comfortable around others who know that silence isn't necessarily a warning sign or offensive state :D

yay....reading time now. i feel like a dork now(not for reading!) but for posting about this lol :roll: :nerdy: :)

Last edited by stephaniecatherine on 16 Aug 2008, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MADDuck
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2008, 7:51 pm

here's all of us gathered:

[img][img]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z289/MADduckAS/PICT0059.jpg[/img][/img]

I'm the TALL one!!
here's different shot:

Ain't we all a handsome bunch! :)
here's where we killed few hours, talking and telling stories and getting to know each other:

She has a COOL place:

stephaniecatherine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Aug 2008, 8:00 pm

MADDuck wrote:
here's all of us gathered:

aaah...pictures make me feel funny inside...like that second in time is the only physical remainder of that occurance...weeeird. .... .. .....or am I weird for feeling that way? ...ooh well. ...pictures of me just...yea..they just make me feel weird is all. i'm not sure why. :oops:

so, i want to see the kitty face peekchur... :?:

and yeah, very cool place! makes me want to live in a warehouse so I can paint the walls nstuff.

EDIT:

and OH YEAH...i feel like a real tard because i didn't actually know everyone's names...but since we never really addressed one another with our names i never even thought of that until right now. :doh: :oops:

Last edited by stephaniecatherine on 16 Aug 2008, 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aguales
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Aug 2008, 8:01 pm

:lol: I can't believe you caught me doing the crazy face! Argh :lmao:

stephaniecatherine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Aug 2008, 8:04 pm

aguales wrote:

i didn't even know there was crazy-face making going on!

maybe one time we meet up we could make paper-plate masks and take pictures 8O :o ! seriously.

MADDuck
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2008, 8:08 pm

aguales wrote:

You are VERY welcome!! !! !

:) :) :)

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2008, 9:28 pm

i was caught doing a crazy face too....

aguales
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Aug 2008, 10:24 pm

WaxDeejay wrote:
All,

I missed it today ... had an auction at work and I could not get out in time. Jeremy
was pulling guard duty. It went well, but I missed you guys!

Jeffrey

Hopefully, we see you next time :)

stephaniecatherine wrote:
does anyone else sort of stew in their after thoughts after having had some sort of social interaction? I find myself thinking about everything for awhile...maybe some sort of 'cool down' ..or something? but sometimes it causes more anxiety and then I feel silly.

I get that way sometimes, too. If I feel I didn't contribute enough in conversations, on the way home, I'll replay some conversation scenarios that I remember and figure out different ways I could have said things or explained things. Sometimes I find myself talking to myself...

By the way, the name's Allan heh

poopylungstuffing wrote:
I was caught doing a crazy face too....

At least yours didn't look like this :eew:

stephaniecatherine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Aug 2008, 10:43 pm

aguales wrote:

I get that way sometimes, too. If I feel I didn't contribute enough in conversations, on the way home, I'll replay some conversation scenarios that I remember and figure out different ways I could have said things or explained things. Sometimes I find myself talking to myself...

By the way, the name's Allan heh

poopylungstuffing wrote:
I was caught doing a crazy face too....

At least yours didn't look like this :eew:

i'm so sorry that i'm a dummy and didn't even ask for your name, Allan......or anyone else

and what you describe is exactly what I mean and what I do too....even the sometimes finding yourself talking to yourself....that happens sometimes too :lol:

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2008, 11:19 pm

Thanks all for visiting my hot dismal cluttered cave. It is nice to have people over once in a while and whatnot....

(then the perpetual...hope I was not too annoying.....voice.....)

adverb
Toucan
Toucan

17 Aug 2008, 12:34 am

and OH YEAH...i feel like a real tard because i didn't actually know everyone's names...but since we never really addressed one another with our names i never even thought of that until right now. :doh: :oops:

yeah, i was thinking about that when we got home - no one felt the need for introductions. i'm jack. and here's the pictures i think are worth sharing:

so who are the other houstonians that we can con into coming to the drunken sleepover next time?

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2008, 12:36 am

If anyone doesn't mind answering, what was the breakdown of "disorders" present, i.e., self-diagnosed/suspected, Asperger's, PDD-NOS, Autism, etcetera?

And for those who are suspected, did you indentify with the outward appearance and mannerisms of those with a formal diagnosis?