Do many Aspies think there are superior to NTs?

Page 6 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 4:38 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Zhaozhou wrote:
Beautiful people like to be appreciated for their intelligence.
Intelligent people like to be appreciated for their good heart.
No one likes people who think they are more intelligent than the others.

There are a whole lot of such people in Mensa.

ruveyn

So I've heard (not that I'd ever be able to pass their qualifying test). The smartest person I know is a man who quickly changes the subject any time I am boggled by his brains. He must know that he is smarter than many of the people he hangs out with (he's certainly smarter than me, as I will unabashedly say) but it seems to make him uncomfortable if anybody notices this.

I read posts on here sometimes of people who say they absolutely can't bear the company of people who are less intelligent than they are. The smartest person I know is not like that at all. Although I am easily 20 or so IQ points less smart than him, he has never seemed to be annoyed in my or by my company. (or in the company of my fellow less smart people). We have been friends for 20 years. And I appreciate him for his good heart.

decoder
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 May 2010, 8:09 pm

Yea. I think creativity and intelligence are the scale of human superiority. Therefore aspies are simply superior.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2010, 8:17 pm

decoder wrote:
Yea. I think creativity and intelligence are the scale of human superiority. Therefore aspies are simply superior.

What about the dumb, uncreative ones?

Oh, wait. I keep forgetting that high intelligence and being a creative genius are essential to an AS diagnosis. Silly me. :roll:

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2010, 8:19 pm

I do not like to judge people, because what would that make me?

decoder
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 May 2010, 9:08 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
decoder wrote:

Oh, wait. I keep forgetting that high intelligence and being a creative genius are essential to an AS diagnosis. Silly me. :roll:

Dumb and uncreative aspies > Dumb and uncreative NTs.

I can add statistics or basic math principles to support that but its unnecessary since you already had known what I meant at the first post.

Kiley
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2010, 9:21 pm

Oddish wrote:
I think it is ridiculous to think that you're better than someone else because you have something that you can't help. It's okay to have pride in who you are; it is absolutely NOT okay to think it makes you better than someone else.

I think it's ridiculous to take pride in what you are born with as you didn't earn it. Neither should you be ashamed of it. It's just how you are. Rather take pride in what you've done with what you've got. Hard work is more impressive to me than high IQ. No matter how smart you are if you do nothing with it, what's the point? You'd be better off, and so would the world, if you were average but hard working and kind.

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2010, 9:50 pm

Kiley wrote:
I think it's ridiculous to take pride in what you are born with as you didn't earn it.

i think it's necessary to take pride in what you are born with.

otherwise you will beat your head against a wall trying to change it when the only path to happiness is (not in thinking you are superior or inferior due to this or that but) accepting yourself for who you are. that also means tolerating things you can't grasp about other people.

re lack of tolerance for those less intelligent, i used to be very much like this. now i recognize i lack "emotional intelligence" and therefore someone with an abundance of that might not recognize my intelligence, and/or might have a low tolerance for me. so .. i work very hard, every second i talk to anyone else, to observe and not judge. it is constant work, especially since i spend most of my time with other people wondering what on earth they are talking about. but i find it absolutely essential to remind myself that even though i see no meaning in it, that doesn't mean there is no meaning. in this way, the mysterious "other" that comprises the rest of the human race, although it remains baffling, doesn't seem like simply a force field of exclusion.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 2:53 am

decoder wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
decoder wrote:

Dumb and uncreative aspies > Dumb and uncreative NTs.

I can add statistics or basic math principles to support that but its unnecessary since you already had known what I meant at the first post.

I'm very interested in what evidence you have to support your claims.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

decoder
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 May 2010, 5:21 am

Who_Am_I wrote:

I'm very interested in what evidence you have to support your claims.

Take average IQ of human population. Take average IQ of aspie population. Add some salt. And compare them.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 5:24 am

A lot of us have problems with NTs because we feel we are often mistreated by them, but I don't think I'm superior - I just think Aspies and NTs have different strengths.

SeaMonkey
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 May 2010, 2:20 pm

Yeah I feel like I am mentally superior to NT's. I suppose its after years of being treated like I was mentally inferior while clearly seeing that was not the case, then stumbling upon evidence of my mental superiority that gives me this impression.

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 8:07 pm

I don't feel I am superior to anyone, I DO know I do somethings better than NTs though. I also know they do things better than me