Do you mumble words aloud when thinking about them, etc.?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Can you relate with what I've described in the post in any manner?
Yes(Please elaborate in a post). 87%  87%  [ 26 ]
No. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other(?). 13%  13%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 30

Muzey
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Dec 2012, 10:34 pm

I mumble all the time. I 'think out loud' if you will. While I am doing things sometimes I either recite or just plain talk about scenarios. I love doing this because .. it feels like a meditative state that is being said out loud. I feel so much better after doing it. :) I like writing stories and I get my best ideas doing this.. It's annoying when someone comments on it. oh well...

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 11:14 pm

I mutter to myself a lot,and when I'm alone I do it quite a bit,especially singing or saying rhymes.This can be embarrassing if someone surprises me when I'm doing it.

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 11:52 pm

I picked "other" because I do this sometimes. I definitely have a tendency to do it on my own, but over the years, I've tried to stop myself from doing it in public.

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 12:10 am

When I think too loud when eating I usually hum my thoughts and I never notice until the last second when everyone starts asking me why and telling me to stop humming while I chew and I have a fragile train of thought and I don't like it when it gets wrecked.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

nonames
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Dec 2012, 1:05 pm

I have a constant inner dialogue that always seems to be talking to someone, explaining things, etc. I'll often start to whisper to myself if I'm in private.

Now my brother who I suspect also has mild AS or very high AS traits (but it doesn't interfere as much in his life) constantly verbally stims. I didn't know what to call it before or if it even is a stim, and it plain annoys me. He'll just do a series of sounds over and over. You'll be talking and it's become so common nobody notices, until I snap at him. He'll be quite for a while and then start again. I'm not sure if he's just trying to be annoying though, because he doesn't move away. But sometimes he does it alone, which would indicate he's not doing it to be annoying.