Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2009, 6:09 pm

I'm going to the beach in a few days and I've got so much to get done and I'm paralyzed by executive dysfunction.
What's your state of mind right now?

Aoi
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2009, 6:20 pm

Also almost completely paralyzed, but by heat. The temp is over 100 where I live, and I have no AC. So I have to keep all my windows open all day and night long, which means lots of light and sound, which means diminishing executive function and increasing risk of a meltdown.

Aimless, can you break down the process of preparation into tiny, functional steps? If you are familiar with computer programming, think of the whole process of preparation as an application, and each step as one function along the way. A function is just a simple recipe that does one thing. So function by function you build up your application, and then you are on your way. This may be too geeky or systematic for some, but it works for me (most of the time).

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2009, 6:25 pm

I, too, have a trip to pack for. I managed to leave the master list at a store yesterday.

So I'm battling between that and being very peaceful with myself. If that even makes sense.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2009, 6:28 pm

That's exactly the problem with executive dysfunction, the difficulty in breaking things down into steps or to decide what to do first. I just got up and started loading the dishwasher just so I feel like I'm doing something. re: heat- Before I had A.C. I would get wet and air dry in front of a fan. Close the curtains :wink:

SteveeVader
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jul 2009, 6:39 pm

just chill the world is not going to end

I am fine thamnk you very much I finally know what I want in ife

bicentennialman
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jul 2009, 6:44 pm

Right now, I have some spare time to get some work done or work on any of several projects for fun, but something like executive dysfunction has me paralyzed in between all the options; it's terribly frustrating when that happens!

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2009, 6:45 pm

Steveevader wrote:

Quote:
just chill the world is not going to end

Always good to be reminded of that :) - I was at the end of my rope before I left the house this morning.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2009, 7:04 pm

I am extremely bored.

I don't feel like sleeping. I need to, because I will have to get up fairly early tomorrow, but my nervous system has other ideas.

SteveeVader
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jul 2009, 7:06 pm

I used to be like it friend but it went away after a while I thought what would happen if... and it worked I am currently telling my Aspie friend to try this apprach as it seems to work because it reasons with the logical side i think its mainly because that rush of irrational feeling I miss it sometimes but realise how much of a pain it was

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2009, 7:26 pm

Right now Im hungry...it's almost about time to go fix myself some supper. :)

but other than that, Im pretty happy at the moment...I was named employee of the month at my workplace. 8)

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

29 Jul 2009, 7:40 pm

My state of mind? Worried. I'm going to the doctors in a couple of hours and I have all these questions that I need to ask her. I've written them down however I'm sure that I've forgotten one, or some. I don't doubt that I'll get home from the appointment and realize that I forgot to ask her one of the most important questions.

sheppeyescapee
Raven
Raven

29 Jul 2009, 7:50 pm

My state of mind right now? Well mostly tired with it being nearly 2am here. In general mostly frustration and boredom on the whole, I can't wait to get back to uni as the wash out of a summer holiday is boring me already. We don't start back until the end of September/beginning of October.

29 Jul 2009, 8:11 pm

Feel constipated and it's over 100 degress and I just got back from the park. It's so hot out and no way am I using AC so I went to the park to cool off because they have that water slide set up on the hill. It's like slip n slide.

Acacia
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2009, 8:14 pm

Cautious optimism.

I feel good about life in general.
Anxious, as always, but that's a chemical imbalance.
The tall glass of ale is helping somewhat.

Last week, I randomly discovered that I'm mildly lactose intolerant. Call it supreme oblivion on my part, but I never put 2 and 2 together when I would consume dairy products, and feel not so good digestively later on. As an experiment, I took myself off all dairy, and within a day or two, noticed that, "WOW, I feel better!" My digestive problems are noticeably less severe, my mood has improved, I seem to have more energy, and heck... I just don't feel bad.

Music is saving me. I think I'm rewiring the acoustic channels of my mind.
I've been getting heavily into new music, which is something I've not done in years.
The way that sound affects me, this is more than just an interest.
It is affecting my mood and my behavior.
The more I listen to new music, the better I feel and the more "normal" I act.
Other people have recently told me as much, so I know it's not all in my head.

Finally getting close to a final draft on what I really think is going on with me cognitively/chemically/psychologically. Whenever I can get to see a psychiatrist (hopefully soon!) I will have a lot of information to discuss. I hope they're prepared. I want some resolution and closure on a lot issues. I want to know what exactly is going on with me so I can direct my energies at dealing with them properly. Taking positive steps.

That's kind of where I'm at right now. :)

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2009, 8:23 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
Feel constipated and it's over 100 degress and I just got back from the park. It's so hot out and no way am I using AC so I went to the park to cool off because they have that water slide set up on the hill. It's like slip n slide.

Thank goodness it's supposed to cool down to 85 by the time I arrive into Portland on Saturday...

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2009, 8:23 pm

Acacia wrote:

Quote:
I've been getting heavily into new music, which is something I've not done in years.

So have I-I've been browsing Amazon.com like I browse the library-just poke around and try to find something new. Downloaded Fleet Foxes-very unusual -I really like them.