Boring 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Constructive 14%  14%  [ 8 ]
Greentea's crazy / Let me see results 27%  27%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 59

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2009, 4:38 pm

Psy, that's happened to me lately a few times. I couldn't care less. I'm isolated and without hope of ever getting more connected, so who cares if these people ever remember my face and refuse to become my friend for the talking outloud in public? It's not like they would've liked me as a friend without the talking outloud anyway. And if I bump into someone I know? Same thing: if they know me, they dislike me anyway. Talking outloud won't make much of a difference when they wouldn't be caught dead being my friend anyway. I rant to myself in the car sometimes, but then people assume I'm arguing on the hands-off cell with someone. :lol:

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2009, 4:42 pm

daydreamer84 wrote:
This one is NOT funny, but it is shameful! When I was a child, maybe 8-10 years old, my family was taking a long trip up north to a berry farm; it was about an hour and a half drive. My sister and I were arguing loudly in the backseat. My mom kept screaming at us to "stop" and "be quiet". My sister and I didn't listen. We were really obnoxiously loud (especially me...I have trouble modulating the volume of my voice). My mom eventually shouted at me "ooh I’m going to kill you" I took her literally! I was really shocked that my mother wanted to kill me but I took it as absolute fact. I screamed out "not if I kill you first", and started hitting her from the backseat, while she was driving down a crowded high way! Not so smart. I don't remember the aftermath of this situation, what the consequences were for me or how my mom handled the situation. I just remember how embarrassed I was when I realized that this was just a common expression, and my mother had no intention of killing me. :oops:

Lol. I had one like that. I was pissing my mum off doing something (I was about 4) and she said, I'm gonna kill you. I frantically worked out an escape plan consisting of running out the back door and jumping into a river, while fighting not to cry at the fact that my own mother wanted to kill me.

I give yours a 4.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2009, 5:11 pm

mechanicalgirl39 wrote:
daydreamer84 wrote:
This one is NOT funny, but it is shameful! When I was a child, maybe 8-10 years old, my family was taking a long trip up north to a berry farm; it was about an hour and a half drive. My sister and I were arguing loudly in the backseat. My mom kept screaming at us to "stop" and "be quiet". My sister and I didn't listen. We were really obnoxiously loud (especially me...I have trouble modulating the volume of my voice). My mom eventually shouted at me "ooh I’m going to kill you" I took her literally! I was really shocked that my mother wanted to kill me but I took it as absolute fact. I screamed out "not if I kill you first", and started hitting her from the backseat, while she was driving down a crowded high way! Not so smart. I don't remember the aftermath of this situation, what the consequences were for me or how my mom handled the situation. I just remember how embarrassed I was when I realized that this was just a common expression, and my mother had no intention of killing me. :oops:

Lol. I had one like that. I was pissing my mum off doing something (I was about 4) and she said, I'm gonna kill you. I frantically worked out an escape plan consisting of running out the back door and jumping into a river, while fighting not to cry at the fact that my own mother wanted to kill me.

I give yours a 4.

Haha a similar thing happened to my sister (she's an NT though) last year, she was annoying my mum and she said "I'm going to kill you!" so my sister did this wobbly unsure laugh that turned into a cry and my mum was like "it's OK I was only jokng". Now I say "I'm going to kill you!" just to annoy her because of it.

Bluefins
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2009, 8:47 pm

Nice thread :)

Not that I remember most of mine... I'll see if I can think of some.

Maggiedoll wrote:
Then of course there's always the one where an adult tells you to do something by asking if you want to.
Them: "Do you want to put on your seat belt?"
Me: "No."
WHY would they ask if you WANT to do something when they're not actually giving you a choice? I still think that's just stupid. And then act like it was me that did something wrong for telling them the truth. Flippin' hypocrites constantly talking about honesty and then yelling at me for listening to them..

And the other way around. "You have to fold milk cartons!" No, I don't. Watch me throw them in the garbage, WHOLE.

Which reminds me of one, when I was around 9 years old. We were having porridge for dinner, and dad said to put the cinnamon on before the sugar, so the cinnamon wouldn't blow away. I objected, saying that sugar was light enough to blow away by itself, and definitely wouldn't hold down any cinnamon already on the food. He refuted it with a plain no, so I showed him by blowing away the sugar on my porridge.

Murasame
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Aug 2009, 3:50 pm

Ok here goes.

I had only been in my current job for about a week (its now been 5 years). I was 18 years old and was yet to make a phone call. My boss then asked me to call an elevator manufacturer to ask when we would recieve the quotation we had requested. The lift was for a deaf centre and was totally bespoke with video intercom screens for sign language/lip reading and was being handled by their most senior salesman.

I had rehersed in my head what I was going to say and dialled the number, unfortunately all I got was the answer phone. Not to worry, I had heard other people leave messages before so I knew roughly what to do:

"This is ***** from *****, I'm calling about the quotation for the deaf centre lift, could you please phone me back on...."

Then I froze.

It suddenly dawned on me that I didn't have a clue what my phone number was, I had not made any calls and nobody had called me.

Then I panicked, and swore aloud to the office ... and down the phone:

"s**t! What the f**k is my phone number!?"

This was followed by everyone within earshot erupting into hysterical laughter, with me left dumbstruck and still holding the phone. A few seconds passed before I finally hung up. He didn't call back.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 4:30 pm

:lmao: that's a good one.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 5:36 pm

Murasame wrote:
Ok here goes.

I had only been in my current job for about a week (its now been 5 years). I was 18 years old and was yet to make a phone call. My boss then asked me to call an elevator manufacturer to ask when we would recieve the quotation we had requested. The lift was for a deaf centre and was totally bespoke with video intercom screens for sign language/lip reading and was being handled by their most senior salesman.

I had rehersed in my head what I was going to say and dialled the number, unfortunately all I got was the answer phone. Not to worry, I had heard other people leave messages before so I knew roughly what to do:

"This is ***** from *****, I'm calling about the quotation for the deaf centre lift, could you please phone me back on...."

Then I froze.

It suddenly dawned on me that I didn't have a clue what my phone number was, I had not made any calls and nobody had called me.

Then I panicked, and swore aloud to the office ... and down the phone:

"sh**! What the f**k is my phone number!?"

This was followed by everyone within earshot erupting into hysterical laughter, with me left dumbstruck and still holding the phone. A few seconds passed before I finally hung up. He didn't call back.

I give this 5 out of 5.

I have another one.

I had mostly grown out of talking to myself in public, but this year I was finishing an academic assignment and I had left everything to the last minute and was now staying up until 4am and getting up at 6am to finish. I was wrecked, and a lot of my ASDish traits intensified from sheer exhaustion...

Anyway...I was shopping in the supermarket, feeling utterly wrecked and not quite able to think, and I approached a member of staff to ask for something, he went and got this product for me, I meant to say thank you, but I was so out of it, I instead blurted out the first random phrase that was going through my head while staring into nowhere.

The phrase happened to be 'Shut the f**k up.' I don't know why but I was going over some encounter with someone in my head and actually repeated the words out loud.

The guy looked shocked, but when I explained that I had a problem with talking to myself, he was quite understanding.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 5:40 pm

:lmao: :lmao: OK- That's a 6 out of 5-but you are both very lucky to have these things happen around good natured people.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 5:42 pm

Aimless wrote:
:lmao: :lmao: OK- That's a 6 out of 5-but you are both very lucky to have these things happen around good natured people.

No s**t!! !! I dread to think how someone of a less understanding nature would have reacted to an exhausted zombie staring past his head and telling him in a dull monotone voice to 'Shut the f**k up'.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 6:59 pm

I'm still laughing out loud at Murasame's "what the f**k is my phone number?!" :lol: I get nervous talking on the phone too.

I have SO MANY stories like this. These two aren't particularly funny, just embarrassing, I'll think of some better ones later.

Someone on the first page said something about getting talked into doing inappropriate things by smaller children. Well, when I was a bit younger, I was talking to the kids next door (who are a lot younger than me), and they thought it would be a good idea to go and play in the garden of this vacant house across the street, and I said, "Mummy says I'm not allowed," but they said, "Nobody lives there so it's ok," and like an idiot I believed them. So we go into the garden of the house, and then suddenly one kid says to the other, "Hey, what if our parents find out?" and then it was like my insides froze, I was like, "You said it was ok!" which probably sounded ridiculous as I was so much older than them. When we came out of the garden, my parents were outside our house and saw me coming out of the garden. My mum got mad at me and when I explained that the kids talked me into it, she got even madder at me for being so stupid.

In primary school, I made the mistake of letting people in my class know that I still call my parents Mummy and Daddy (as opposed to Mum and Dad), so everyone in the class made fun of me for being babyish. I'm not sure what age people are "supposed" to grow out of that, but I didn't start saying "Mum" and "Dad" until I was 13. That might be an "our family" thing instead of an "AS" thing, though, because my NT brother is 12 and he still says Mummy and Daddy.

y es como un semestre"

Kaysea
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 7:51 pm

Greentea wrote:
I'm looking forward to the stories too! So here I go, I can't sleep because of the heat, anyway.

For 13 years I fantasized about, and rehearsed, the look of superior, cold indifference I'd bestow on my ex if and when I ever bumped into him again. Then one day I found myself living just 2 blocks from him, so I knew it was just a matter of time. More rehearsal !

Then one day I bumped into him, indeed, at the supermarket. I thought he looked awfully familiar to me, he must be someone I work with, so I regaled him with this broad, warm, delighted-to-see-you smile before my mind clicked and I realized who it was. I looked away immediately and hurried out of his field of view. I was mortified. LOL My prosopagnosia... I thought I'd never tell anyone, but now I think it's funny!

Yay! This has to be the ultimate prosopagnosia story ever. I have had a few similar experiences. However, they have only occurred with females whom was/had previously been dating for short periods of time.

Now I will go:
The minor hockey association in the community in which I was raised held an annual awards ceremony. I am one of the few aspies who excelled in sports, in spite of my horrid clumsiness. At age ten or eleven, I was attending one such ceremony. The team equipment manager was presented with a bouquet of flowers from the team. I then decided that I should give an award of my own. I proceeded to remove my shoes and present them to the said manager, in front of a full auditorium. This was only embarassing for me in retrospect. However, it nearly killed my parents, whom proceeded to ream me out on the automobile ride home.

SarBear
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Aug 2009, 8:49 pm

I'm pretty new here but I thought I would contribute a small embarrassing story.

I'm sure if I thought some more I could think of a lot worse ones, lol...

A couple of years ago, I worked nights cleaning an elementary school building with a guy my age named Daniel, and we sometimes did some serious goofing off after our work was completed. I am surprised, looking back, how easy it was to chat/be friends with this guy. I guess we both acted pretty silly and there was nothing serious or judgemental about him so it wasn't hard.

Anyway, one night after finishing up with our checklist, we went into a classroom that happened to have a small ball pit and some very large, almost life sized stuffed gorillas and monkeys. Anyway....while we were busy acting as silly as possible, sitting on the floor with the monkeys, our boss Rob walked in, and asked us exactly what we were doing. It took us by surprise because we had no idea he was in the building. Daniel didn't know what to say, he kinda froze. Without really thinking about it, I told our boss in a matter of fact way that we were "Lounging with the monkeys."

We were always honest about the hours that we worked, but that night we hadn't written down our time yet. So we looked like we were just playing on the job.

That didn't get me fired or in too much trouble, I think mostly because he didn't know what to think. He didn't even know what to say. I am pretty sure I almost nearly got fired, though, for my tendency to have NO clue about flirting and inappropriate playing with the opposite sex. There were plenty of times our boss walked in and Daniel was giving me piggy back rides or we were rough-housing. I had absolutely no clue that it was inappropriate. That's one thing that I still can't seem to really *understand* for some reason but I accept it, and don't. For some reason, to me, playing or rough housing is just playing.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 9:39 pm

This happened when I was about 6 so maybe childhood naivete is to blame but my whole family was out for some reason and I was staying at the neighbors. The little girl next door and the little boy across the street and I were playing I'll show you mine if you show me yours.When we got bored with that one of them dared me to run around the house pulling my pants up and down. I went for it and was at the front of the house with my pants around my knees when my entire family drove up the street with shocked looks on their faces. I got grounded and my mother told me Jesus didn't make our little bodies to play with (something she denies to this day, but some things are burned in your memory forever :) Later my Dad felt sorry for me and gave me his shaving brush-which I kept for years.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 9:42 pm

Greentea wrote:
ManErg, those are indeed consequences of our being isolated from others. Nerves, and saying the wrong thing because we're the only one who didn't hear a piece of news. The first one happens to me at work all the time.

Yeah same. I once asked my best friend how his gf was doing, and he gave me a strange look and told me they'd broken up three months ago (everyone else in the school knew but somehow it had gone completely over my head). I spent a year crushing on (and pursuing) a guy without knowing he had a girlfriend.

Embarrassing moments? Hmm, it's strange but my strongest memories are of the feelings after and associated with the embarrassing moments, and not the actual things that happened (it's like I blocked them out).

Once thought I forgot the name of my best friend of 2 years. Fortunately, when I asked her what her name was she assumed I was joking.

When I was younger the other kids would ask me to sing for them and I would happily oblige, not realizing they were doing it to make fun of me and have a laugh at my expense.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2009, 11:57 am

Aimless wrote:
Later my Dad felt sorry for me and gave me his shaving brush-which I kept for years.

Awwwwww...that's sweet!

Sunshower, we used to do the same to a friend of ours. He sang so ridiculously that it was huge fun to listen to him. But he was a dear friend and had all our respect and caring regardless to the singing, so no problem. He eventually knew why we'd ask him to sing that song, but he played along, because he knew we loved him anyway and it was all for fun.

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 9:23 am

Let me see here . . . I cant remember how long ago this was (Im thinking between 1990-1992, so 10 - 12 years old) and my parents had family friends over for dinner. Well, im thinking something set off a mild meltdown (noise, laughing, etc) and i was starting to act up i guess. We were sitting at the table to eat, and i guess i didnt like what it was, but i was pinned between the wall and the table. So, with all my agitation, and the inability to get out, my parents told me to go to my room . . . being pinned, i only had one way to go . . . so they told me to crawl out from under the table and go to my room, so i did. To this day, they still give me the "Crawl under the table and go to your room" bit whenever im being a smartass. >< Even my brothers will do that to me . . . embarrassing as all hell.