Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

mryde
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Aug 2009, 2:24 am

I am 23 and I have AS, depression and a severe social anxiety disorder. I had a job a few years ago working at the store where my mom worked but I only worked there for less than a year. I've tried to get a job since but if I get called back for an interview I go in and pretty much do exactly what you're supposed to do. I can't help it I just can't talk to people, a couple times I didn't even do the job interview because I'd get near where I was going and have a panic attack and have to go home. Should I apply for social security disability? If I do will they deny me because I haven't seen a Doctor in years and think I'm lying. I would like to get help for my problems but like I said its been a while since I've seen anyone for it. I think I should be medicated for depression which is sometimes severe and my anxiety but I just don't want to go to the doctor and say give me drugs. Plus I have no way to pay for medical bills.

Any advice on these problems would help me a lot. Feel free to ask for some clarification on some of this I know it's kind of rant but I have trouble saying what I mean, thanks

NOBS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Aug 2009, 2:49 am

hi mryde;

From what you say, I'd have to say you do need some help. I doubt if you'd be elligible for SS with out a current medical evaluation. Even at that SS is not a be all end all. You can go to your local county hospital or social services office and ask where you might be seen. I too share your views on medication, however it may be needed for some time to help you get through a rough period.