Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

United States Military Service
Yes, Military Duty Allowed By Personal Choice, Can't be Drafted All Duties Allowed 25%  25%  [ 5 ]
Yes, Military Duty Allowed By Personal Choice, Can't be Drafted All Duties Allowed 25%  25%  [ 5 ]
Yes, Military Duty Allowed By Personal Choice, Can't be Drafted, Limited Situational Duties 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Yes, Military Duty Allowed By Personal Choice, Can't be Drafted, Limited Situational Duties 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
No, The order of things would be disrupted, NO 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, The order of things would be disrupted, NO 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The military has a right to discriminate freely, no working accomodations allowed, oh well 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
The military has a right to discriminate freely, no working accomodations allowed, oh well 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 20

sc
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2006, 8:22 am

Someone contacted me privatly via chat. They want to join the military but have Asperger's Syndrome. I was told I could not join the military by an air force military doctor. Dispite even at the time new situations seemed to much, even now they do, the disallowance to serve your country is devistating.

I desire to make this poll official. Wheather or not you want to join the military, if you have a milder or moderate form of autism (Asperger's or HFA) would you expect to be able to have the opportunity?

If you have A.S or a form of autism and find that military situations such as loud noises and changes to be to much, would you still expect to be permitted to serve your country? Sort of like a right, that perhaps position could be made availible that were not front-line, rather homeland such as clerical duty or other such non-actions things?

* it is my position that no person with any form of autism cannot be drafted, period. I'd argue it forever..

sc
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2006, 4:28 pm

* it is my position that no person with any form of autism cannot be drafted, period. I'd argue it forever..

Saying it differently as the grammer is not my good area.

* No person can be drafted with a form of autism (including Asperger syndrome). That is my position, not that people with autism can be drafted.