Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Stone_Man
Toucan
Toucan

11 Aug 2009, 10:48 am

Not long ago, somebody accused me of being an alien from another planet, presumably because of my AS characteristics. She was only semi-serious, of course, and I jokingly dismissed it, but this was the second time someone has said that to me.

I assure everyone that I'm 100% Earthling, but I'm wondering if anyone here has had that happen to them?

I also wonder if this is how we appear to NT people ... as aliens.

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 11:01 am

Stone_Man wrote:
I assure everyone that I'm 100% Earthling, but I'm wondering if anyone here has had that happen to them?

Move your eyes up a few inches and take a look at the name of this site.. :P

My mom decided while she was pregnant with me that I must be an alien, because my circadian rhythm was off.. I'm not made for a 24-hour day.

It can be more than that, too. I was born in Philadelphia, raised in the Philadelphia suburbs, and I don't have a Philadelphia accent. I've been asked how I got out of Philadelphia without an accent. When I lived in the city, I was asked where I was from, because people were sure I wasn't from the city and thought I might be from another country; that was like 2 miles from the hospital where I was born.
To a certain extent, it's true, though. Geographically, that's where I was from. But I never had friends, so really, I was raised in books and sci-fi shows. So my speech doesn't reflect the general area where I was raised. Combine that with the oddly choppy speech that is common with AS, and I sound like I have this accent that nobody can quite place, because it doesn't actually have a place.

So yea.. I may be an alien. :P :lol:

Stone_Man
Toucan
Toucan

11 Aug 2009, 11:13 am

Maggiedoll wrote:
Move your eyes up a few inches and take a look at the name of this site.. :P

Oh, you're right ... what was I thinking? ... :lol:

Quote:
because my circadian rhythm was off.. I'm not made for a 24-hour day.

Me either. I haven't noticed this in the literature, though. Have we identified another AS trait?

Quote:
So yea.. I may be an alien. :P :lol:

Did your mom happen to visit New Mexico right before you were conceived?

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 11:19 am

This used to happen me when I was a teen, and a bit when I was in my twenties. It stemmed entirely from my bizarre sense of humor. I would spout some non sequitur and people would ask me if I just stepped off a flying saucer.

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 11:32 am

I haven't been accused of being an alien, but I have often been accused of growing up in a cave. I was a child in the 80s, not a child of the 80s. People will say things like, "What, you never heard of David Bowie? Are you sure you didn't live in a cave growing up?"

Stone_Man
Toucan
Toucan

11 Aug 2009, 11:39 am

fiddlerpianist wrote:
People will say things like, "What, you never heard of David Bowie?

He invented that knife, didn't he? 8)

I know what you mean about being considered culturally illiterate. I haven't watched television in years, and rarely go to the movies (I watch lots of old movies, though). People talk about this or that reality show, or about some starlet, and I have no idea what they're talking about.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 11:44 am

Stone_Man wrote:
Not long ago, somebody accused me of being an alien from another planet, presumably because of my AS characteristics. She was only semi-serious, of course, and I jokingly dismissed it, but this was the second time someone has said that to me.

Look, on my father's side my grandparents came from the fourth planet around the star, you earthers call Sirius (8 l.y. distant). Fortunately they could interbreed with the local human primates which explains why I am here. It is a family tradition that all of my Sirius ancestors are what the NTs call Apergarian. So I come by my condition rightly. Perhaps yours forbears also came from Sirius-4 also.

ruveyn

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 11:47 am

I was born when Halley's comet went over (which happens every 76-75 years). My mum said they dropped me off :lol:

UnusualSuspect
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Aug 2009, 11:54 am

I've never been called an alien because I mostly "pass" pretty well, but I've always considered myself to be one. The older I get, the more alien I feel because I keep learning more about the difference between my mind and the NT mind.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 12:17 pm

It has more often been joked that I seem more like some sort of woodland forest creature than a human being.

Stone_Man
Toucan
Toucan

11 Aug 2009, 12:21 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
It has more often been joked that I seem more like some sort of woodland forest creature than a human being.

Most of the time, I'd take that as a compliment :)

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 12:38 pm

Quote:
I'm not made for a 24-hour day.

Me neither. I am nocturnal because on my planet the sun's rays are too fierce to be borne during the day. 8) We traditionally hide and hibernate in craters and emerge to hunt/forage at night on the dark side of the planet. For Mars bars. :wink:

Quote:
I know what you mean about being considered culturally illiterate. I haven't watched television in years, and rarely go to the movies (I watch lots of old movies, though). People talk about this or that reality show, or about some starlet, and I have no idea what they're talking about.

I have heard of this David Bowie. He was formerly known as Ziggy Stardust, and migrated to Earth after being born to the race of 'The Spiders from Mars'. :lol: Otherwise the point stands. Earthlings have such flimsy transient tinsel for priorities.

Last edited by activebutodd on 11 Aug 2009, 12:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 12:42 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Look, on my father's side my grandparents came from the fourth planet around the star, you earthers call Sirius (8 l.y. distant). Fortunately they could interbreed with the local human primates which explains why I am here. It is a family tradition that all of my Sirius ancestors are what the NTs call Apergarian. So I come by my condition rightly. Perhaps yours forbears also came from Sirius-4 also.
ruveyn

Poppycock. Everyone knows the Aliens that came here from the Sirius system were amphibians and cannot breed with humans without creating very obvious mutant hybrids. Read Robert KG Temple's The Sirius Mystery - the 'gods' of the Dogon tribe lived in the sea. Lovecraft knew, Cthulu, too. Snoogans. :fish: :cyclopsani:

What was the question? Oh yes - being called an alien - read HG Well's Star Begotten. It's what made me realize as a teen that I am in fact an alien, and proud of it. :alien:

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 12:45 pm

Speaking of being an alien I thought my College teacher was one I mean come on what teacher says "If it was up to me you wouldn't have to do research papers but they make me give them to you guys." COME ON WHAT TEACHER SAYS THAT! Also after giving birth to her 2nd child a boy she said she hadn't taken any pictures OMG! Also she said she was a bad mother (IMO she was slightly depressed after the birth you know the hormones changing etc.) Also she DID NOT take Maternity Leave she was back within 2 weeks!! !! !! !! SHE IS A TRUE WONDER WOMAN/SUPER WOMAN SO SHE MUST BE AN ALIEN!! !! !! !! !! !! !

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 1:46 pm

Maybe I am an alien... or we're all aliens:? I found this book at the shore a couple yrs. ago called Earth Angels by Doreen Virtue (its kinda soppy for some people) but some people here may sympathize w/ some of it. One of the groups of Earth Angels is known as Star People (aliens). They are also Incarnated Angels, Elementals, Walk-Ins & Wizards (their are also mixed categories as well). Maybe we just have alien or alienated souls (do to crappy past lives on Earth/seeing people don't seem to improve). Might sound crazy but I feel like humans are disappointing to watch b/c every generation they repeat the same mistakes in different wrappers, if you get my drift (I can be more specific if you want, but I doubt it b/c my post is already long :roll:). Or maybe I'm just nuts. :? I feel more connected to the past & what's outside earth personally than the modern day Earth-Age. Although I doubt all AS people are Earth Angels b/c some of us may lack some of the characteristics. What I got as the basic rule of thumb is you cannot desire destruction of humanity & or life on or off of Earth & be an EA.

p.s. Is it against copy right laws to type up a quiz from a book on a website (like here) but give credit to the author of it? Sorry for my bad grammar as well :oops:

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 1:54 pm

Stone_Man wrote:
poopylungstuffing wrote:

Most of the time, I'd take that as a compliment :)

Yeah..I sorta do.
I get likened to a squirrel sometimes.

I like squirrels.