Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

VivaLaConfusion
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Oct 2009, 9:49 pm

I prefer really structured clothing--button-downs, dress trousers, brogues, etc. Occasionally, I will top with a sweater. The most casual I get is actually for work, where we have to wear khakis and polos (always tucked in, belted, and worn with loafers or boat shoes). My iron gets used almost daily.

I can't stand baggy, shapeless clothes. I don't own any sweatshirts/sweatpants, and I'm pretty sure I only have two tee-shirts, excluding plain white undershirts. I only ever wear pajamas on my days off when I am cleaning house or doing laundry. I don't remember the last time I wore jeans. Possibly last spring?

I do try to avoid synthetic fibers, though. And I have to use the unscented, dye-free detergent. (Why would you ever put dye in a detergent?)

DonkeyBuster
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 10:17 pm

VivaLaConfusion wrote:
I do try to avoid synthetic fibers, though. And I have to use the unscented, dye-free detergent. (Why would you ever put dye in a detergent?)

Something like old-fashioned bluing is used to make whites whiter. Really. Gets rid of the 'dingies' in whites, which some waters can bring on.

acclue
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Oct 2009, 10:27 pm

dustintorch wrote:
I guess I really like things around my neck.

I'm weird about stuff around my neck. If it's tight against my neck, it's kinda like an extension of myself and I'm fine with it; for some reason I get excited by having something resting around my neck like that. But if it's loose enough to move freely just enough to make the pressure unequal on either side, it feels like I'm confined by it, and I need to get it off quickly.

Mmmph
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Oct 2009, 11:15 pm

I like to wear corsets since I like that constricting feeling. It's like a bear hug! It also makes my feel more confident since it rights my posture.

I have a pack of bamboo fiber socks that are amazing. They are the softest socks I have ever worn, and can slide right into boots!

I really love skirts and dresses that flow and flutter with every step I take. It feels very graceful, and the fabric is soft in my legs.

I have a long striped blue, green, and gold shimmer scarf I like to wrap around my head like a pirate scarf in the winter. It's so comfortable.

Over all, I love shirts that have a built-in shelf bra. I hate wearing bras!

jamesp420
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Oct 2009, 11:32 pm

I love shorts, and can't wear long sleeve shirts. But I love my hoodie.

http://www.facebook.com/jamesp420

mikehart18

04 Oct 2009, 12:01 am

loose fitting Clothes. hoodies, baggie jeens, b-ball cap and usually a bandana around my neck. Anything that looks "GANGSTA!"

AngryJessman
Toucan
Toucan

05 Oct 2009, 6:27 am

i normally wear black alot,
and a quiz on facebook said i was emo,
i totally couldnt believe i have missed calling myself an emo cos id always thought of myself as a heavy metal head or gangster (not gangsta or gangst-ah ha ha)

im a magyar wog so i do like to wear some nice collared shirts to impress

youd probably see me wearing a hoody with black, white or dark blue pants,
without a hoody i'd wear a black, purple, red, light blue (shirt) or white colored t shirts

i like wearing cotton t shirts
with a mixed poly (65%) and cotton jumper
my favorite pants would be khaki work pants types or cargos, not sure about material but im sure the pant style comes in a common fabric for all

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2009, 6:30 am

A freshly cleaned Birthday Suit 8)

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2009, 7:05 am

Cut from the same cloth topic

For some reason, certain shirts (those with placket front and which are tight) drive me bonkers. (there is a weird feeling from the base of my neck to the end of my breastbone, as if there is a long hair resting there. :x) So any soft, cotton less stretchy top (polo or plain) feels better. Medium loose. I always wear some sort of vest (denim or knit) which helps me to feel clothed.

I have some hoodies, though I do not wear the hood except in severe cold weather. I wear a ball cap in spring and summer, but wear a tam (beret) from mid October to the end of March, which is the time of colder weather in the Northern Hemisphere.

Tight jeans around the belly area hold me in and feel as though I have clothes on. Legs have to be loose, though, but not too baggy. Jeans like this help me to maintain a healthy weight. If I can fit a certain type of fave jeans, my weight is stable. But sweat pants are nice, and when they became commonly available in the early 80s, I was hooked.

Shoes have to be round, dark, thick soled, and feel right. If you can feel your clothes too much, then this becomes the intense focus, and is annoying. :roll:

Aspies/Auties do have clothing issues, and something has to feel right or it will not be worn. So I shop carefully.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2009, 7:56 am

Old and well-worn (sadly, my only remaining pair are too well worn to use out of the house!) olive green lightweights.
I love them, they're lightweight, durable, very comfortable and dry out very quickly if they get wet. Might order some more, seeing as they're on the internet and I wouldn't need to talk to anyone. :lol: :roll:

The year is still young.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2009, 11:14 am

I've always been into style and I always try to dress ahead of the game (I've predicted some things up to four years ahead of time). I often do the latest trends and what I think looks most flattering on me. I do not go for comfort one bit. In fact, I think sweatpants, pajama pants, hoodies, and the like are extremely tacky. But to each their own. I dress to impress and I love the attention I get whenever someone compliments me on an outfit or even an accessory. Fashion's something I've enjoyed throughout my entire life. I love watching TV for more style ideas and I go on my favorite stores' websites almost daily. I love mixing and matching outfits together (on the computer and in my closet) that I think would look awesome together that I wouldn't have thought otherwise.

My favorite colors to wear are any shade of pink, light yellow, red, olive green, and aqua and teal. I'm not really huge on purple, but I'll wear it. I've also gotten more into black in the last year, but with other colors, too, never alone ; )

Nephesh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Oct 2009, 8:23 pm

DaWalker wrote:
A freshly cleaned Birthday Suit 8)

Yeah, I was going to answer "a coat of skin" (my own), because clothing is just plain uncomfortable, it cuts into my skin around the waist, it feels restrictive, etc.

However, it is currently starting to snow outside, so for temperature reasons, societal conventions, religious restrictions, etc, my own skin just isn't an option most of the time.

mysassyself
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 6:18 am

[quote="poopylungstuffing"]Reallly soft non-synthetic shirts with a low neck line..in the front and the back...in dark colors

Full, non-restrictive skirts that are just below knee length, and HAVE POCKETS...I am nuts about pockets...

cotton leggings...or cotton stockings

:D also nuts about pockets, I recently got into handbags (ie, last week) but before then relied on pockets heavily. Why would you carry something when you could be having it in your pocket, whcih also doubles as a place for your hands when they need comfort ?
:cat:

My handbags are light, shoulder carry ones with the 'correct' length handle and are designers - if I'm gonna do handbags, I'm gonna do handbags.

I love cotton, soft stuff and sometimes hats and stuff. I am a chameleon though and dress according to feel (the way I feel) and sometimes according to how the clothes all fit together. Clothes sometimes give me comfort when I feel fragmented.

A Thursday child ..

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 7:16 am

I hate buying clothes.

When I have to I will buy two or three pairs of pants and tops that are exactly the same.

No doubt that people think that I never change my clothes.

I do. I have a shower and change into clothes that look exactly what I changed out of.

idiocratik
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 8:13 am

My daily wardrobe consists of:

-black t-shirt
-blue jeans (or black slacks)
-black jacket (even when it's hot)
-black Sketchers

mysassyself
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 9:12 am

Apparently, Einstein dressed in the same clothes every day, because he believed that there was only a certain amount of decision making energy in the day and.. why use it up on deciding between clothes :D