what charactor from the movies and you relate to in life?

Page 2 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ancientofdaze
Raven
Raven

10 Feb 2006, 9:47 pm

Harold LLoyd Image

and Humphrey Bogart Image

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2006, 10:50 pm

Tetsuo in the Manga film Akira

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2006, 12:16 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I relate to Austin Powers, when I'm in a very good mood.

I relate to Alfred P. Doolittle, when I'm in a good mood. (Eliza Doolittle's Father)

I relate to Jason, from the Movie, Quadropheania, when I'm in a bad mood.

I relate to Eliza Doolittle, when I'm in a very Bitchy and Rebellious Mood. Especially to the way that she is, in the begining of My Fair Lady.

I've just noticed a Theme. All of these Characters are Londoners. :wink:

andrew
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Feb 2006, 11:06 pm

Leo Bloom from The Producers(buth 1968 and 2005) but only when i am in my normal mood

Marvin from Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy bad moods. Enough said.

Larry David from Curb Your Enthusiasm in how I thi8nk and deal with people

Movies are my obsession...well...mostly comedies, I dont care about most others

Xenon
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2006, 1:04 am

Gil Grissom on CSI.
Robert Goren on Law & Order: Criminal Intent. (More than one person has told me that Goren reminds them of me in some ways, and if they were ever to make a movie about my life [putting aside that it'd be a dull movie], I'd pick Vincent D'Onofrio to play my part.)

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2006, 8:29 am

Nomaken wrote:
Lain from Serial Experiments Lain(anime)

Me too. I dressed as her once for an anime convention. My friends thought it fit me very well :oops: .

I also relate to Rei Ayanami of "Evangelion," River Tam of "Firefly," and "Edward Scissorhands" of Edward Scissorhands. My cousin also pointed out to me that I am very much like Violet in "The Incredibles."

CuriousPrimate
Raven
Raven

12 Feb 2006, 9:50 am

Freeman Lowell (Bruce Dern) in Silent Running.

(I too could have friends like the drones Huey, Dewey, and Louie.)

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2006, 4:05 pm

Probably Bridget Jones as I seem to pick men that are real arses towards me and have been a singleton now for about a year and a half. And the things that happen to Bridget in the film, like when she puts a nice dress on and she goes outside and a car drives past into a puddle and she gets soaked, tend to happen to me. However I do not wear big knickers and am not a size 14. And I've never worn a playboy bunny outfit, although I wouldn't say no if someone asked me to try it out. All I need now is my own Mr Darcy and my character will be complete. :)

I can also relate to Pheobe from Friends as she can be a little off-the-wall and make people laugh and Ive been told Im like this but with intelligence.

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2006, 4:44 pm

Jaws from The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker.

For those who don't watch Bond films, Jaws is big and scary and doesn't talk, so expectedly he doesn't have much of a social life.

The only work he can get is from dicriminatory villians who will only hire him because he can lift heavy things and bite people's necks with his cobalt teeth, and not utilize his more creative talents.

Plus he has to deal with these alpha male types who are always trying to kick him in the groin, run into him with a truck, or steal his parachute, or throw him into a shark tank with a magnetized crane.

The only difference is that even Jaws got the girl in the end. :(

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2006, 5:14 pm

Laz wrote:
Tetsuo in the Manga film Akira

Oh dear. I only feel like him when im feeling really down and agitated.

Snake Pliskin (Dog the bounty hunter as well) from "Escape from New York" because im surrounded by savages on one side and corrupt politicians on the other but manage to beat them all down and look good while doing this, with all black clothes, shades, though unfortunately without the blond hair and mullet. :( Eighties is back in style folks. :)

Another favourite is the Goblin King, Jared from "the Labyrinth" because im very musical and like to steal babies. I also like to dress up in tights and wear make-up. :wink:

CuriousPrimate
Raven
Raven

13 Feb 2006, 5:10 am

eamonn wrote:
Snake Pliskin (Dog the bounty hunter as well) from "Escape from New York" because im surrounded by savages on one side and corrupt politicians on the other but manage to beat them all down and look good while doing this, with all black clothes, shades, though unfortunately without the blond hair and mullet. :( Eighties is back in style folks. :)

Great film. Only problem: John Carpenter and Kurt Russell made a sequel in 1996 called "Escape from LA" which has got to be one of the worse films I've seen (bought the DVD on the basis of New York). And they'd been such a great team - "The Thing" is unbeatable.

TuDoDude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Feb 2006, 2:03 pm

That Stanley Kramer classic "Bless the Beasts and the Children" (which was faithful to Swarthout's novel) tells of 6 adolscent strangers who are sent to a summer camp (because their families don't want to deal with them). Initially, they are placed in other cabins (dorms) but are systematically kicked out and are put in a cabin together. These 6 are what would be known today as the "geeks" or "nerds" etc. but are basically the scourge of the camp (led by the adult camp counselor). The adult in charge of their cabin is a former "jock" who disdainfully tells them that they are all "a bunch of dinks. A dink is someone that doesn't fit in anywhere at anytime." The counselor leads the rest of the camp in calling them "bedwetters".

The strength of this story is that each of the 6 tune in to a higher, more noble purpose (which proves to be their destruction). In short, they are ostracized and humiliated by being different than the herd. It is not just a physical bullying (as many with AS state) but the group mentality outnumbering them. Two of the 6 (an older Bill Mumy) are capable of physically fighting back so the NTs have to conspire to outnumber them.

A great, tragic movie that anyone interested in AS may be interested in viewing.

Ice_Man708 wrote:
i love x men, and i can realate to many of tehm.
here is one of my more faviorate quotes

Nightcrawler: Excuse me? They say you can imitate anybody, even their voice.
Mystique: [as Nightcrawler] Even their voice.
Nightcrawler: Then why not stay in disguise all the time? You know, look like everyone else.
Mystique: Because we shouldn't have to.

most people with high functinging AS can blend into the population, and act "normal".
we shouldnt have to conform to the ways of todays standards. Ie.
Girls: have big butt, wear tight pants, and wear low cut clothes.
Men: bang every hot chick you see, and be a pimp.

like x-men they should accept us for who we are! and act "normal" to our standards.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2006, 2:50 pm

CuriousPrimate wrote:
Great film. Only problem: John Carpenter and Kurt Russell made a sequel in 1996 called "Escape from LA" which has got to be one of the worse films I've seen (bought the DVD on the basis of New York). And they'd been such a great team - "The Thing" is unbeatable.

Yes i really liked the "New York" too. Have only watched a bit of the "LA" one before i got bored. Was thinking of giving it another chance but wont go out of my way to watch it.

Im also really annoyed how hollywood takes original classics like "Escape from Precinct 13" and "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and spoil them with inferior remakes. I wouldnt mind so much if they where clearly labeled re-makes but a lot of the time i try to buy the originals in a store i am fobbed of with the re-makes and they dont have the originals. Most people these days seem to prefer the rasmatazz and big special effects of the new versions as opposed to the well put together script and 'genuine' feel of the classics. Grrrr! :evil:

LowShoe
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Feb 2006, 3:55 pm

Joel Barish in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I appear generally apathetic and seldom really meet or get to know people. The resemblance of the couple in this film to myself & my wife (in behavior & traits) is uncanny... their roles made me feel like some screenwriter must have been following us around!!

Is TV valid for this thread? If so, include Dwight Shupe from The Office (US - I've yet to enjoy any of the UK originals). Picky, pedantic, rule-bound and socially inept, I've got to think this character was developed as an Aspie caricature.

Ice_Man708
Raven
Raven

14 Feb 2006, 5:02 pm

i dont care,, i just wanted to know who everybody can relate to.

thadius

15 Feb 2006, 2:47 pm

I can relate to Charlie Brown from the Peanuts cartoons I've watched since I was a little kid. I was watching the Valentine's day show yesterday and I realized the character is very AS. He even gets discriminated against in the Halloween show when he goes trick or treating and gets rocks while everyone else gets candy.