Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Dec 2009, 3:34 am

I wear clothes.

Jak
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Dec 2009, 4:58 am

I generally wear gender neutral clothing.

AnnePande
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2009, 7:32 am

FrogGirl wrote:
clothes...

Haha... I remember giving that answer to my grandmother when she asked me what I was going to wear at a wedding I was going to attend.
Or I don't really remember it, but my grandmother's sister told me. She also said that my grandmother had told her that she was afraid I wouldn't be welldressed enough. But I'm sure I was. (Wonder why? - but as an aspie I'm not very interested in clothes or fashion.)

We didn't know I was aspie back then though. She never found out, as she died before my diagnosis. But I'm sure she noticed something "different". She never told me, but my grandmother's sister has told me.

heliocopters
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Dec 2009, 4:41 pm

I wore skirts exclusively for about 7 years (up until mid-August of this year). I didn't have a problem so much with wearing pants, I had a problem with not wearing a skirt. So in colder weather, my style of choice was a big skirt over jeans. Then one day this August, I just looked at myself in the mirror, and said, "it's time," and now I wear pants (alone) about as often as I wear skirts. Most tops I don't have a problem with as long as it's not wool (I can wear a wool sweater over another shirt, just as long as it's not directly touching my skin other than my forearms). I guess I don't like anything too tailored, it makes me feel immobilized.

I can't wear high heels. I just can't. Not only are they uncomforatable, I feel ridiculous in them, like I'm in costume.

visnofskygirl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2009, 1:31 am

heliocopters wrote:
I can't wear high heels. I just can't. Not only are they uncomforatable, I feel ridiculous in them, like I'm in costume.

We had a ballroom presentation as a part of our exam in PE when I was in First Year High School. I beg my teacher to let me dance as a boy and not as a girl cuz girl's outfit is kinda daring and I can't dance with heels. Well, he disagreed. That's my most embarrassing moment ever! Nothing bad happened during the presentation but the costume is really DARING! And the heels made me feel I'm falling..

This is what the Ballroom Shoes looks like:

And outfit looks like this:

-------------------------------------------------

Back to topic:

I usually wear Jeans and T-shirts.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2009, 5:36 am

I cant wear high heels,...id trip if i do.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2009, 7:04 am

I can't wear high heels, I look like a transexual if I do :lol:

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2009, 11:12 am

I usually wear logo tees with either jeans or cords (hated jeans until I was 14, hated cords until recently) I also like to wear jackets, cardies or coats to keep me warm, I also enjoy wearing shirts and ties (don't ask ;)). I usually wear sneakers or hi-tops as normal trainers pinch me epically :( I also like accesories like emo gloves, bracelets and my beloved pocketwatch :)

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Dec 2009, 9:11 pm

For teaching at school---button-up dress shirt, dress pants, and dress shoes. I cannot stand ties because of the sensation on my neck. I always leave the top button undone because of this---it just feels to tight buttoned.

Wintertime for going out to eat/shop/etc.---dress shirt or casual long sleeve shirt, comfortable jeans, tennis shoes.

Summertime for going out to eat/shop/etc.---short sleeve casual shirt, short pants (usually jeans shorts), Birkenstock or other type of sandals.

At home---comfortable shirt, lounge pants in wintertime, short pants in summertime, and barefoot all seasons at home (socks around my ankles bother me---but I have to tolerate it at work).

ATwistedLogic
Raven
Raven

15 Apr 2012, 3:07 am

T shirt, shorts and barefeet all the time :)

balletnerd
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Apr 2012, 1:58 pm

Becuase one of my special interests of recent has been fashion styling and colour theory I think i do look very "NT" in a standard feminine way so everythings very particular and coordinated. Before I used to dress this way I used to wear the same black cap-sleeved t shirt and baggy black trousers most days.

Its strange how people, in general, treat me different these days just becuase of what I wear. I get served in shops quicker and people dont just ignore me like they used to (sometimes not a good thing though if you are not comforatble with random conversations like I am).