Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2010, 6:16 am

shadfly wrote:
does anyone suggest that instead of trying to blend in with NTs, that Aspies amp up their aspergerian traits/characteristics and declare total independence? carry themselves with pride and demand total respect? could a separate category of rights-bearers be established, based on neuro-typology?

would anyone show up to an aspie pride rally?

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2010, 6:41 am

katzefrau wrote:
shadfly wrote:
does anyone suggest that instead of trying to blend in with NTs, that Aspies amp up their aspergerian traits/characteristics and declare total independence? carry themselves with pride and demand total respect? could a separate category of rights-bearers be established, based on neuro-typology?

would anyone show up to an aspie pride rally?

I wouldn't even care enough to; I have no issue with telling people I'm Autistic, & just continue on my merry way doing what I do.

I think those Pride Rallies are usually the corniest possible way to get a message out for anyone.

Myself, I'm not concerned about getting the message out; I'm concerned about promoting the values I believe in...and again, I have no problem telling people I'm Autistic if need be, but it's not exactly my main focus in life.

Owl
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Apr 2010, 6:49 am

I think the more Aspies there are the better. But an Aspie pride march - that would be wierd. I don't try to be like an NT. I'm more like a more sensitive version of Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory - I stick to my ways, my systems and interests and insult NT's illogical behavior but in a way that makes them laugh to. :)