Page 6 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Sep 2010, 11:08 pm

Meadow---my reply is I was not aiming anything at you. You can either accept that or not. I am sorry if I offended you---but again, nothing was aimed at you. Now, this thread should move on and let this drop---nothing was intended on my end. I only wanted respect for how anyone here would view not only my use of "modification" for the brain versus "damage" others might feel more appropriate.

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 11:16 pm

Get over yourself.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Sep 2010, 11:18 pm

You are personally attacking me Meadow---those wishing to go back through the posts can see that. The thread needs to move on.

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 11:22 pm

I am not attacking you. You are accusing me of attacking you. That doesn't make it so.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Oct 2010, 6:16 am

I keep thinking about the fascinating implication of this thread in regards to brain damage. And I keep thinking of examples.

First, I referred to my cousin who had been hit on the head with a book as a young child. His peculiar traits, although said to be present prior to that, were sometimes traced back to the possible head injury.

Second, I am thinking about Daniel Tammet, the autistic (Asperger) prodigious savant. Daniel says his savantism came about after an epileptic seizure. Though he was born with AS, it is interesting how a traumatic event (I suppose it was a very severe seizure) appears to have caused his savantism. What happened to his brain as a result of that seizure?

I realize this thought refers beyond autism (going to the savant realm), but is interesting how things like this leads to these differences in brain wiring/structure/or whatever is going on.

It is amazing how with all the scientific advances humankind has fostered that the human brain is yet to be completely understood.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 6:22 am

Please stop this dispute. And Meadow, you seem to be overly antagonistic, or else paranoid. Please consider your responses carefully.

On sabbatical...

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 11:53 am

That's a personal attack, Quatermass. Get f****d!!

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 12:08 pm

My brain injury, among other things, affects my communication.

Right now I am really pissed off for being called such creepy names by a moderator!! !! !! !! !! !!

! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 12:10 pm

Ummm.... Everybody look at these cute kittens!
(Should be physically impossible to be angry after that...)

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 12:14 pm

That's really cute, thx Callista :)

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 12:18 pm

I see your kitten picture and raise you this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7vXP3tHzhA[/youtube]

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 1:58 pm

@ Quatermass, Since you offered your personally degrading opinion of me, here's mine of you.

You're "probably" a ten-ton, belching whale addicted to Soap Opera.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 5:32 pm

Meadow wrote:
@ Quatermass, Since you offered your personally degrading opinion of me, here's mine of you.

I was being restrained. But considering your response, I have decided to give you an official warning. Your first and last one. Either you keep within the rules, or else I ban you.

And I am addicted to Doctor Who, thank you very much, not soap operas.

On sabbatical...

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 5:36 pm

Quatermass wrote:
Meadow wrote:

I was being restrained. But considering your response, I have decided to give you an official warning. Your first and last one. Either you keep within the rules, or else I ban you.

I was being restrained as well, trust me!

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 5:41 pm

Meadow wrote:
Quatermass wrote:
Meadow wrote:

I do not consider that being restrained. I would have considered your attacks against others and now the attack against me (no civilised person calls another a ten-ton, soap-opera addicted belching whale) altogether being a banworthy offence. But I am giving you one last chance. Don't squander it with your blatant lies. I am not in the mood for them.

On sabbatical...

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 5:47 pm

Quatermass wrote:
Meadow wrote:
Quatermass wrote:
Meadow wrote:

I do not consider that being restrained. I would have considered your attacks against others and now the attack against me (no civilised person calls another a ten-ton, soap-opera addicted belching whale) altogether being a banworthy offence. But I am giving you one last chance. Don't squander it with your blatant lies. I am not in the mood for them.

WTF are you talking about? If you think you can make personal attacks and call me sick names just because you're a moderator, think again!